The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Reviews & Song List
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: Reviews & Song List
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi,

I'm going to see The Hollies tonight, has anyone done any reviews yet? Can anyone tell me the song list please Question

Shel Smile
PostPosted:Fri Oct 08, 2010 14:33 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Barry Post subject:

Hi Shel,

I sent a review of the Darlington Wednesday concert to Rob on Thursday. Hopefully it will be posted soon, together with the set list.

Enjoy the show.

Barry
PostPosted:Fri Oct 08, 2010 15:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thank you Barry, I will, well I hope so, I've had a migrane all afternoon.
PostPosted:Fri Oct 08, 2010 17:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Barry, great review, I liked the list of numbers too, all the hits were covered,
thanks again

PostPosted:Fri Oct 08, 2010 22:37 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Yes, many thanks for the review, Barry! I get the impression that The Hollies renew themselves by new interpretations of their hits. You tell us about Look through any window and Peters solo on Listen to me.

I think this keeps the boys moving forwards.
PostPosted:Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:11 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the review at Darlington. I saw them at Croydon last night - what a fantastic time we had Very Happy I think the lads enjoyed themselves as well. I really liked the new song and the lighting effects that went with it. Also good to hear different versions of their well established songs, keeps it all interesting, you wonder what's coming next.
I bought the new Then, Now, Always tour book, great colour photos. There's also a page dedicated to Ron Richards, a complete British discography at the back, and a photo of Bobby and Tony with their Rock and Roll HOF statuettes.
I also met Knut Skyberg and Tony Marsden before the show, it was nice to have a chat with them! All in all a brilliant night - roll on Eastbourne in a couple of weeks!
PostPosted:Sat Oct 09, 2010 17:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Knut, great review, sounds like you had a great couple of nights, what a thrill to meet other Hollies fans also.

PostPosted:Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:44 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the review Knut! Glad the Crawley concert was as good, if not better, sound wise. Nice to meet you and Stein.
PostPosted:Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:29 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dawn D wrote:
I also met Knut Skyberg and Tony Marsden before the show, it was nice to have a chat with them! All in all a brilliant night - roll on Eastbourne in a couple of weeks!

Oh I saw Knut standing in the interval, I thought it was him but didn't go to say hello in case I was wrong.
PostPosted:Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Se you next time, then, Shelley! You know I cannot keep away from Hollies shows for long.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Thu Oct 14, 2010 15:24 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

A great show in Eastbourne last night Very Happy Each time I see them I'm never disappointed. I really like the newer versions of Look Through Any Window and On a Carousel. The new versions took me by surprise at Croydon, so I was not sure at first. Also Bobby came to the front to say that he set Peter a task of doing his own version of a Hollies classic - this time Listen To Me - another great solo acoustic version by Peter.
I tell you, this concert was a real tonic, I needed it after the day I had. My car decided to break down - I had to order a taxi for a 2 hour drive to take me, my friend and my Mum (her 1st Hollies concert) to Eastbourne. We then got a taxi from the hotel to the Theatre. When we arrived at the Theatre I shut the car door on my Mum's hand! I felt terrible and wanted to take Mum to the hospital, but the first aid staff at the theatre were brilliant. There also happened to be a blood donor session going on at the time, so A&E staff were on hand to treat Mum and said nothing was broken and bandaged her up. Mum did enjoy the show, but she couldn't clap her hands! What a day!
PostPosted:Fri Oct 22, 2010 19:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Knut wrote:
Se you next time, then, Shelley! You know I cannot keep away from Hollies shows for long.

Hi Knut, next show I am at, I will come and say hello to you. I think I sat next to you at a show a year ot two ago but again didn't realise it was you.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:17 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Dawn, what a terrible time you had before the show, I'm glad you and your mum enjoyed it in the end.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks Shelley, Mum's hand is still sore (I feel so guilty!) but we did manage to enjoy the show - you can't help but enjoy it!
PostPosted:Mon Oct 25, 2010 13:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1