graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » The Hollies in Swedish magazine Bildjournalen 1964
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just because they look so friendly, harmless and “ordinary”!
Friendly and harmless, yes; but never "ordinary" Very Happy

Thanks, Agneta!
Hear! Hear!

Extraordinary is more like it! Very Happy
PostPosted:Sat Oct 20, 2007 22:43 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Glad you liked the article. Very Happy

It was their music and the harmonies that first attracted me to The Hollies, but when I saw a picture of them (in Bildjournalen) I also thought they all looked so nice and friendly. (And cute too, especially Tony. ) Wink
And extraordinary, yes, I agree.
PostPosted:Sun Oct 21, 2007 16:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

That was the way it was for me, too. Very Happy I first heard the Hollies before I ever saw them, and was drawn to them from that point on. Seeing them only reinforced what I already felt. These guys are something out of this world. Very Happy
PostPosted:Sun Oct 21, 2007 16:30 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

"Just One Look is all it took".It took me precisely 2mins and 56secs to fall in love with the Hollies Shocked .That's how long "Very Last Day "lasts.I first saw them on reruns of Beat Club aired in the 80s.It's a love that hasn't dimmed or faded with time ,it has only gotten stronger Razz.They give me everything I want Very Happy Wink .

PostPosted:Sun Oct 21, 2007 19:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It took me about 1 minute and 29 seconds. That was how long their performance of "Just One Look" from the 1964 NME Pollwinners' concert was. That was the first tiem I ever saw the Hollies perform. That clip was used in a documentary on the British Invasion, and that was where I first saw it.

I couldn't make out who was who in that one, nor did I know anyone's names, but I do remember Graham because he sang the refrain, Eric was behind him and, of course, Allan stood out because he didn't have a guitar! I thought to myself at the time, "That guy looks like George from the Beatles, but he doesn't have a guitar! Who is he?" Laughing

I found out later on, and I've been in love ever since! Very Happy
PostPosted:Thu Oct 25, 2007 22:38 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
It took me about 1 minute and 29 seconds. That was how long their performance of "Just One Look" from the 1964 NME Pollwinners' concert was. That was the first tiem I ever saw the Hollies perform. That clip was used in a documentary on the British Invasion, and that was where I first saw it.

I couldn't make out who was who in that one, nor did I know anyone's names, but I do remember Graham because he sang the refrain, Eric was behind him and, of course, Allan stood out because he didn't have a guitar! I thought to myself at the time, "That guy looks like George from the Beatles, but he doesn't have a guitar! Who is he?" Laughing

I found out later on, and I've been in love ever since! Very Happy
Aaaaaaaaaaah! These are precious memories that are lovely to share.Has anyone else got their story of Hollie-discovery?I'd love to hear them Very Happy .

PostPosted:Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2