graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » If the lights go out
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject: If the lights go out
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Do You remember the wonderful If the lights go out, recorded by the Hollies in 1980 and 1983 (What goes around-album). The song is written by Mike Batt who also produced their first recording of the song.

To my delight the song is now included in Katie MeluaŽs newly relesaed album Pictures. YouŽll love it!

The lights are turned on!
PostPosted:Thu Oct 11, 2007 14:38 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I saw Mellua play support to James Taylor a few years ago and it was embarrasing to see her interaction with her pianist/ manager Batt on stage. He seemed to be totally in control of the poor girl. It certainly didn't give a good impresssion on stage. Im surprised he is still her manager but yeah, great song!
PostPosted:Thu Oct 11, 2007 16:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Michaelstoker78 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

MichealC wrote:
I saw Mellua play support to James Taylor a few years ago and it was embarrasing to see her interaction with her pianist/ manager Batt on stage. He seemed to be totally in control of the poor girl. It certainly didn't give a good impresssion on stage. Im surprised he is still her manager but yeah, great song!

Well, Katie has said in an interview, that "Pictures" is her last album together with Mike Batt.
DonŽt know much about their professional relationship, however Batt has written wonderful songs for her.

And yes, her version of "If the Lights go out" is wonderful, too. Anyway, it was one of the best songs from the Hollies album "What goes around"

PostPosted:Thu Oct 11, 2007 17:40 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: If The Lights Go Out

Site Admin

Katie Meluas version of "If The Lights Go Out" was played by Ken Bruce on Radio 2 this morning and was heard by Allan Clarke.

He called Bobby Elliott to say that he thinks The Hollies' original recording is superior.

Bob and I think so too - so lets all tell Radio 2 to play The Hollies classic version.

Radio 2 can be contacted here. I will be sending messages to a couple of the DJ's direct by following the links on their respective pages of the BBC site but I think that Terry Wogan and Ken Bruce are perhaps the best bet.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Wed Jan 30, 2008 19:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject: Re: If The Lights Go Out
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

hollies wrote:
Katie Meluas version of "If The Lights Go Out" was played by Ken Bruce on Radio 2 this morning and was heard by Allan Clarke.

He called Bobby Elliott to say that he thinks The Hollies' original recording is superior.

Bob and I think so too - so lets all tell Radio 2 to play The Hollies classic version.

Radio 2 can be contacted here. I will be sending messages to a couple of the DJ's direct by following the links on their respective pages of the BBC site but I think that Terry Wogan and Ken Bruce are perhaps the best bet.
Have already done so, thanks to Geoff. Fingers crossed something will happen Smile .

PostPosted:Wed Jan 30, 2008 20:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

It would be great to hear "If The Lights Go Out" on radio. It's a great song. "Something Ain't Right", "Someone Else's Eyes" and "If The Lights Go Out" are the three "What Goes Around" highlights I would say.
PostPosted:Thu Jan 31, 2008 13:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Why is this thread posted at the top as a "sticky?"

And more to the point, why aren't some of MY threads posted that way!!! Laughing
PostPosted:Tue Feb 19, 2008 19:18 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Heard the song on Radio 2 again yesterday - I must say it is the best Melua song I've heard. The Hollies version is far superior though.

PostPosted:Tue Feb 19, 2008 20:17 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Sparty

This thread is posted at the top as a sticky because I wanted it there for the duration of the week and because the song by KM is still regularly played on Radio 2.

It is there to draw attention to the post so that folks can email the BBC to ask for The Hollies version to be played for a change.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2008 14:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1