graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Hollies Photo Thread
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject: Hollies Photo Thread
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I just got a whole bunch of newspaper and magazine clippings on the Hollies, and among them are some pictures that were cut out of magazines. I thought I'd start a new thread here to post all of them, so you can all come to one place to see them, instead of searching through hundreds of threads and posts. If you have any photos of some or all of the Hollies, please feel free to post them here, too.

These two photos came from a Japanese magazine. There is some text with them, but it's in Japanese and I don't know Japanese. I've seen color versions of these photos, where Allan's shirt is pink and Bobby's is red with white pinstripes. Either way, it's still a stunner. Enjoy!

PostPosted:Thu Oct 04, 2007 23:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda that has made my morning thank you I love the clarkie pose in the second pic woah thats sexy Wink
PostPosted:Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:00 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It was a pleasure, Katdowl! I love Clarkie's pose in the second photo, too - in deep thought, but still emanating a very sexy aura! I love his smile in the first photo.
PostPosted:Fri Oct 05, 2007 14:36 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

The first picture was the one that first made me attracted to allan. Tonys face is very funny too Very Happy
PostPosted:Fri Oct 05, 2007 15:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
The first picture was the one that first made me attracted to Allan. Tony's face is very funny too Very Happy

I'm not surprised. That first one is a knockout! I love Allan in that one. He's got the cutest smile, and his hair looks so natural, with its waves. I love how he's got his hand on Graham's shoulder. You can see that they were very close back then. I'll see if I can find the photo that first attracted me to Allan. It's here somewhere! Tony looks hypnotized, or maybe the flash from the camera made his pupils look larger than they really are!
PostPosted:Fri Oct 05, 2007 17:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:

I love how he's got his hand on Graham's shoulder. You can see that they were very close back then.

I noticed that you can really see how close they are in this picture. You could really feel the pain in clarkies song lyrics in 'my life is over with you' and 'seperated' when Graham left him which Graham now admits was the greatest pain of his life.

Vrinda wrote:
Tony looks hypnotized, or maybe the flash from the camera made his pupils look larger than they really are!

His eyebrows are exaggerated too he doesn't usually look that worried Laughing
PostPosted:Fri Oct 05, 2007 18:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
I noticed that you can really see how close they are in this picture. You could really feel the pain in clarkies song lyrics in 'my life is over with you' and 'seperated' when Graham left him which Graham now admits was the greatest pain of his life.

Now I understand why Allan was so angry when Graham left, and why Allan said he felt betrayed by him. Smile

Quote:
Quote:
Tony looks hypnotized, or maybe the flash from the camera made his pupils look larger than they really are!
His eyebrows are exaggerated too he doesn't usually look that worried Laughing

I think Tony didn't want to have his picture taken! It could be that a bee stung him from behind, hence the stunned expression on his face! Very Happy Laughing
PostPosted:Fri Oct 05, 2007 18:38 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

In the first photo I think Tony's just heard a whoosh and the clatter of high heels.Yes Vrinda's radar is working and here come the"Forum Girls" Laughing Allan and Graham look so close,that's really lovely Smile .In the second pic Allan reminds me of Rodin's sculptureThe Thinker.OOOOOOOh!listen to her Rolling Eyes .Just thought I'd add a bit of culture here,so the boys don't think we have just one thing on our minds(even though we do Wink .)As always Vrinda you've hit the spot,thanks a million ,Pet Very Happy Very Happy .

PostPosted:Fri Oct 05, 2007 21:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Good one, Paula! Tony's probably saying, "CODE RED: Girls coming this way!" Love the likening to the Thinker. Allan sure was a thinker! If he only knew what we were thinking ... Wink Wink Wink
PostPosted:Fri Oct 05, 2007 22:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Good one, Paula! Tony's probably saying, "CODE RED: Girls coming this way!" Love the likening to the Thinker. Allan sure was a thinker! If he only knew what we were thinking ... Wink Wink Wink
If he did he'd be as stunned looking as Tony Shocked Wink .

PostPosted:Fri Oct 05, 2007 23:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Quote:
If he did he'd be as stunned looking as Tony Shocked Wink .

Perish the thought that we did anything to shock Allan into a catatonic state! Shocked
PostPosted:Fri Oct 05, 2007 23:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Boy, you girls really get into these photos of the boys in the '60s. How about someone posting some shots of the Rickfors lineup, and have a go with that? The band looked great with that blonde Swede added to the group. (I remember a female American writer, commenting on meeting the band at the time, saying Rickfors' looks were "unbelievable".) And don't forget Terry Sylvester, no slouch in the looks department either.
PostPosted:Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:58 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I do have some with Terry, not sure about Mikael, but I'll put them up once I've sorted everything out. These clippings all came together, and there are many text-only articles among them. There are some long articles with photos which I'll post as seperate topics.

Yes, Dennis, we girls just love gazing at photos of these guys in the '60s. They had a much more fresh, innocent, and downright mesmerizing look to them. It's our main weakness to stop and admire men who are just drop-dead gorgeous. Obviously, the Hollies are no exception! Very Happy
PostPosted:Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:05 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
Boy, you girls really get into these photos of the boys in the '60s. How about someone posting some shots of the Rickfors lineup, and have a go with that? The band looked great with that blonde Swede added to the group. (I remember a female American writer, commenting on meeting the band at the time, saying Rickfors' looks were "unbelievable".) And don't forget Terry Sylvester, no slouch in the looks department either.
Mickael sure is a good looking lad and even though he doesn't float my boat I'm sure there are some red blooded females out there who would appreciate pics of him.But I very much doubt you'd get the same reaction that Allan prevokes in us Clarkies.We are a force to be reckoned with Wink .

PostPosted:Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:36 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The group pose on the front of the Live Hits LP...I'm sure that will interest the ladies... Laughing

PostPosted:Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:37 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Page 1 of 21