The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Hollies Photo Thread
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:

Sparty, I can't make out any strings on Graham's guitar, but I'm sure it had them, otherwise he couldn't play live!

I wouldn't count on that!!!!!
PostPosted:Mon Oct 22, 2007 20:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Quote:
Sparty, I can't make out any strings on Graham's guitar, but I'm sure it had them, otherwise he couldn't play live!

He just improvised by scratching! But with all those fans hooting and hollering, I don't think anyone would have noticed!
PostPosted:Mon Oct 22, 2007 21:06 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

Yes, Graham has been quoted as saying he played "stringless" when the Hollies auditioned for Ron Richards in the Cavern.But here I think I can just make out some strings.

PostPosted:Mon Oct 22, 2007 22:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here are a couple more favorites of mine and, in the first one, you can see why! Wink

This one was taken in 1977. The guys are accepting gold records for some of their past releases. I don't know who the woman is, but the source from which I got this photo says she is a friend of theirs. Lucky lady!
PostPosted:Tue Oct 23, 2007 18:02 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Tue Dec 04, 2007 0:11 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Oh,Vrinda that chest,THAT CHEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Amazing pic.Out in the country ,under a tree,a shirtless Allan.I can't for the life of me think why that pic is one of your favs Laughing Laughing .And as for the poncho clad Mr.Clarke,mucho bueno Rolling Eyes (I haven't done spanish since I was 16 Laughing) .I think the girl beside Allan has a false arm.The real one is up under that poncho Wink Wink .

PostPosted:Tue Oct 23, 2007 18:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Oh,Vrinda that chest,THAT CHEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Amazing pic.Out in the country ,under a tree,a shirtless Allan.I can't for the life of me think why that pic is one of your favs Laughing Laughing .And as for the poncho clad Mr.Clarke,mucho bueno Rolling Eyes (I haven't done spanish since I was 16 Laughing ) .I think the girl beside Allan has a false arm.The real one is up under that poncho Wink Wink .

I don't know what it is ... there is something mesmerizing about that scene. I don't know if it is the tree, that they are out in the country, or if its Allan posing with his jacket open and no shirt underneath! It just catches my eye!

As for the second photo ... I'd have my arms under that poncho in no time! Que guapo!Allan es mucho bello en esta fotografia! Translation: How cute! Allan is very handsome in this photo! Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Oct 23, 2007 18:44 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Fri Nov 02, 2007 16:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:
Oh,Vrinda that chest,THAT CHEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Amazing pic.Out in the country ,under a tree,a shirtless Allan.I can't for the life of me think why that pic is one of your favs Laughing Laughing .And as for the poncho clad Mr.Clarke,mucho bueno Rolling Eyes (I haven't done spanish since I was 16 Laughing ) .I think the girl beside Allan has a false arm.The real one is up under that poncho Wink Wink .

I don't know what it is ... there is something mesmerizing about that scene. I don't know if it is the tree, that they are out in the country, or if its Allan posing with his jacket open and no shirt underneath! It just catches my eye!

As for the second photo ... I'd have my arms under that poncho in no time! Que guapo!Allan es mucho bello en etsa fotografia! Translation: How cute! Allan is very handsome in this photo! Very Happy

I can see straightaway how the first one is attractive Shocked and no earring in sight Smile

That second photo is one of the few in the mid 70s where he looks very handsome even in that poncho Laughing great pics Vrinda!
PostPosted:Tue Oct 23, 2007 19:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks, Katdowl! This one of my favorite things to do online! It gives me so much pleasure to find these photos and post them for all of you! Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Oct 23, 2007 19:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Thanks, Katdowl! This one of my favorite things to do online! It gives me so much pleasure to find these photos and post them for all of you! Very Happy
You are the queen of Hollies pics.I think only us girls can reeeeeeeeeeeeally appreciate these jems Wink .(I still can't get that chest out of my head! Rolling Eyes )Love them all,Vrinda.Thanks so much Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

PostPosted:Tue Oct 23, 2007 21:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Now I've been crowned twice: First by Snowflake - who titled me Queen of the Back Pages - now by you! I'm so honored! Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed Oct 24, 2007 16:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here are a few more of my favorite early Hollies pics!

PostPosted:Wed Oct 24, 2007 20:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Now I've been crowned twice: First by Snowflake - who titled me Queen of the Back Pages - now by you! I'm so honored! Very Happy
Vrinda ,I'll get the children I teach to make you a crown.How does a tin-foil and cereal -box crown sound? Laughing It might get a bit squashed in the post though Crying or Very sad .I'm afraid on my wages a real crown isn't possible Laughing Laughing but you deserve one Wink .

PostPosted:Wed Oct 24, 2007 22:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

These pics are pure class Cool !That waist coat and watch chain of Allan's in the 1st pic is so dapper Cool .I love his stripey jumper in pic #2,and doesn't Eric look cool in it too?I'm surprised the Lord Nelson pose of the 3rd pic didn't catch on.And as for the 4th pic,well luvie pass me the panstick Laughing.Thanks Queenie Very Happy Very Happy.

PostPosted:Wed Oct 24, 2007 22:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thank you, Paula! That's so sweet of you! Give those little angels a kiss and a hug from me - that is, if that haven't bitten your ankles yet! Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed Oct 24, 2007 22:37 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Thank you, Paula! That's so sweet of you! Give those little angels a kiss and a hug from me - that is, if that haven't bitten your ankles yet! Very Happy
Don't worry I use metal ankle protectors Laughing .

PostPosted:Wed Oct 24, 2007 22:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next