graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
Here's a beauty I got off a photo site. It was taken in 1974.

Pity it's a bit distorted as it looks to be a lovely photo.Tony and Terry look way too sexy for their own good Laughing Thanks Queenie Very Happy .

It was distorted because I had to take off the url link that was typed across it. Allan and Bernie look so much better than that! And yes, Tony and Terry are so sexy that my computer monitor is steaming up as I type this! Very Happy

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Tue Dec 11, 2007 18:08 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
Here's a beauty I got off a photo site. It was taken in 1974.

Pity it's a bit distorted as it looks to be a lovely photo.Tony and Terry look way too sexy for their own good Laughing Thanks Queenie Very Happy .

It was distorted because I had to take off the url link that was typed across it. Allan and Bernie look so much better than that! And yes, Tony and Terry are so sexy that my computer monitor is steaming up as I type this! Very Happy

That is from 1975, when Clarke's perm first bloomed. He didn't have it in 1974.
PostPosted:Tue Dec 11, 2007 18:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:

Am I right in thinking the perm was around from 1975 to 1981?If that is the case ,out of 27 yrs in the business ,he didn't have it that long Rolling Eyes .But yet we can't forget it.And remember he wasn't the only one in the 70's to have a bubble perm Embarassed .I wonder is it still alive somewhere,living on saucers of milk and tins of cat food Laughing Laughing ?

PostPosted:Tue Dec 11, 2007 23:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:

Am I right in thinking the perm was around from 1975 to 1981?If that is the case ,out of 27 yrs in the business ,he didn't have it that long Rolling Eyes .But yet we can't forget it.And remember he wasn't the only one in the 70's to have a bubble perm Embarassed .I wonder is it still alive somewhere,living on saucers of milk and tins of cat food Laughing Laughing ?

Clarke still had the perm in 1983 when the band toured the US with Nash. It was cut shorter, but it was still a perm. I thought his hair looked great in the early 70s. He should have left it alone. It's ironic how the perm coincided with their decline in popularity and record sales.
PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:46 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:

Clarke still had the perm in 1983 when the band toured the US with Nash. It was cut shorter, but it was still a perm. I thought his hair looked great in the early 70s. He should have left it alone. It's ironic how the perm coincided with their decline in popularity and record sales.
Did you spot the silly mistake?I mean't Allan was in the business 37 yrs.I missed a decade out.That's what happens when you reach 40,aaaaaarrhhhhhh!I loved Allan's hair in the early 70's on the youtube vids for Gasoline Alley,Hey Willy and The Day That Curly Billy........ Cool Cool .

PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:26 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

[quote="Dennis"][quote="shootthebusstop"]
Dennis wrote:

Wow news is surely lacking in Hollies-land when we're down to talking about a member's hair... Very Happy. Time to change the subject...must be time for a new album!
PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:28 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

[quote="holliesfan"][quote="Dennis"]
shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:

Wow news is surely lacking in Hollies-land when we're down to talking about a member's hair... Very Happy. Time to change the subject...must be time for a new album!
Image is very important in this world and whether we like it or not fans are fans not only because of the music but also because of what bands look like.I think the perm-talk will rear it's head from time to time.Such is life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 13:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Image is very important in this world and whether we like it or not fans are fans not only because of the music but also because of what bands look like.I think the perm-talk will rear it's head from time to time.Such is life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that is so true I loved the hollies music before their look though the image just enhanced my attraction towards them ! Wink
PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 14:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

These are for you Vrinda.Sorry the pics are so small but it's my first time Embarassed .Look at the bottom photo.Weren't mobile phones so big in those days Laughing ?Lots of love to you Queenie Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 20:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
These are for you Vrinda.Sorry the pics are so small but it's my first time Embarassed .Look at the bottom photo.Weren't mobile phones so big in those days Laughing ?Lots of love to you Queenie Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

oooh Vrinda will love these pics they're great and not too small either Very Happy Very Happy where did you get the first pic from ? they looked cool in black Cool Cool nice to see more pics I've never seen before thanks Paula Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 20:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Katdowl,I'm so glad to make another Clarkey happy Very Happy Very Happy .I got these pics from Rock Explosion by Harold Bronson.I bought it in the mid 80's.It has superb photos of the British Invasion bands.Of course the Hollies pics are my favs Wink .

PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 20:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

katdowl wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:

oooh Vrinda will love these pics they're great and not too small either Very Happy Very Happy where did you get the first pic from ? they looked cool in black Cool Cool nice to see more pics I've never seen before thanks Paula Very Happy

I love them, Paula! The bottom one is so cute! I wonder how they put up with carrying those cell phones around! Very Happy

The top photo is super sexy. A tip for next time: Crop each photo and save them as separate documents. That way, they upload larger. That's what I did with my articles.

Good effort for the first time, though. Thanks for posting them! Very Happy

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 21:24 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the tip,pal.Glad you liked them Very Happy .

PostPosted:Wed Dec 12, 2007 21:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Warning clarkey fans this might make you faint Laughing I wish the image was much larger though Confused
PostPosted:Sat Dec 15, 2007 20:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

katdowl, what can you tell us about that LP cover? When was it released, and what songs are included?

Bernie in a football uniform is pretty funny.
PostPosted:Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:45 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next