The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Hollies Photo Thread
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
The group pose on the front of the Live Hits LP...I'm sure that will interest the ladies... Laughing

It is an interesting photo. I think the guys were at Mardi Gras when it was taken! Very Happy
PostPosted:Sat Oct 06, 2007 14:24 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

James Towill wrote:
The group pose on the front of the Live Hits LP...I'm sure that will interest the ladies... Laughing
Don't know that one .Is it in the LRH Boxset booklet?You've teased me now and I'll not rest til I find that snap Wink .

PostPosted:Sat Oct 06, 2007 16:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Go to the Hollies website, click on the link called Music Archive, then on the one called Albums. Scroll down till you find the one called Live Hits. Click on the title and a slightly larger version of the cover will come up. Very Happy
PostPosted:Sat Oct 06, 2007 17:00 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Boy, you girls really get into these photos of the boys in the '60s. How about someone posting some shots of the Rickfors lineup, and have a go with that? The band looked great with that blonde Swede added to the group. (I remember a female American writer, commenting on meeting the band at the time, saying Rickfors' looks were "unbelievable".) And don't forget Terry Sylvester, no slouch in the looks department either.
Mickael sure is a good looking lad and even though he doesn't float my boat I'm sure there are some red blooded females out there who would appreciate pics of him.But I very much doubt you'd get the same reaction that Allan prevokes in us Clarkies.We are a force to be reckoned with Wink .

To each his own. But Mikael's "James Dean"-like quality is quite something. Even Terry noted in an interview about Mikael's looks being an asset to the band.
PostPosted:Sat Oct 06, 2007 20:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
I do have some with Terry, not sure about Mikael, but I'll put them up once I've sorted everything out. These clippings all came together, and there are many text-only articles among them. There are some long articles with photos which I'll post as seperate topics.

Yes, Dennis, we girls just love gazing at photos of these guys in the '60s. They had a much more fresh, innocent, and downright mesmerizing look to them. It's our main weakness to stop and admire men who are just drop-dead gorgeous. Obviously, the Hollies are no exception! Very Happy

Allan Clarke was certainly suave looking in the 1960s, no doubt about it.
PostPosted:Sat Oct 06, 2007 20:11 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Boy, you girls really get into these photos of the boys in the '60s. How about someone posting some shots of the Rickfors lineup, and have a go with that? The band looked great with that blonde Swede added to the group. (I remember a female American writer, commenting on meeting the band at the time, saying Rickfors' looks were "unbelievable".) And don't forget Terry Sylvester, no slouch in the looks department either.
Mickael sure is a good looking lad and even though he doesn't float my boat I'm sure there are some red blooded females out there who would appreciate pics of him.But I very much doubt you'd get the same reaction that Allan prevokes in us Clarkies.We are a force to be reckoned with Wink .

To each his own. But Mikael's "James Dean"-like quality is quite something. Even Terry noted in an interview about Mikael's looks being an asset to the band.
Yes ,as I said Mikael was a looker all right but more of us girls think Allan was thee most handsome lead singer ever.Forget nuclear power ,even wind turbines, the amount of lust generated from the posting of one Allan Clarke photo on the forum creates enough electricity to keep a small town's lights lit for at least a month. Wink Laughing .

PostPosted:Sat Oct 06, 2007 20:17 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Go to the Hollies website, click on the link called Music Archive, then on the one called Albums. Scroll down till you find the one called Live Hits. Click on the title and a slightly larger version of the cover will come up. Very Happy
As always you have come to my rescue.Couldn't see the detail very well with these old eyes Wink but was that the whole of the forum behind them? Laughing .

PostPosted:Sat Oct 06, 2007 20:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I remember reading an article which referred to Mikael as "The Swedish Adonis". But really, there's not a bad-looking one in the lot of 'em! Very Happy

PostPosted:Sun Oct 07, 2007 0:33 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:

Yes ,as I said Mikael was a looker all right but more of us girls think Allan was thee most handsome lead singer ever.Forget nuclear power ,even wind turbines, the amount of lust generated from the posting of one Allan Clarke photo on the forum creates enough electricity to keep a small town's lights lit for at least a month. Wink Laughing .

These things are always subjective. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
PostPosted:Sun Oct 07, 2007 0:51 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:

I couldn't have said it better, Dennis. I think that, after hearing Allan's voice and knowing what kind of person he is, being in awe of his image and saying how stunning he looks isn't only about the face, but the whole feeling he emanates. It's not just a pretty face we're enchanted by; it's a pretty face that belongs to one pretty soul!

All the Hollies were great-looking guys, and I think that was just the icing on the cake to being such talented singers and musicians, and genuinely nice people.
PostPosted:Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:37 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

I couldn't have said it better, Dennis. I think that, after hearing Allan's voice and knowing what kind of person he is, being in awe of his image and saying how stunning he looks isn't only about the face, but the whole feeling he emanates. It's not just a pretty face we're enchanted by; it's a pretty face that belongs to one pretty soul!

All the Hollies were great-looking guys, and I think that was just the icing on the cake to being such talented singers and musicians, and genuinely nice people.

It's the whole deal; the talent, plus the fact that they were good-looking and wore nice clothes added to the package. A far cry from most bands today, who seem to go out of their way to look, well, let's just say less-than-pleasant! Hopefully the tide will turn back. We can only hope.
PostPosted:Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:41 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:

Allan looks as if he is trying to hide something on the back shot of the band Shocked Laughing

PostPosted:Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:10 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

It's the whole deal; the talent, plus the fact that they were good-looking and wore nice clothes added to the package. A far cry from most bands today, who seem to go out of their way to look, well, let's just say less-than-pleasant! Hopefully the tide will turn back. We can only hope.
Couldn't agree with you more Very Happy .

PostPosted:Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:38 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:

I'm hoping like crazy it will! Let's keep our fingers crossed. Wink
PostPosted:Sun Oct 07, 2007 14:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's something from a magazine. I don't know what magazine or issue, but it must have been printed recently, because the paper is still white. This is a photo of the Hollies taken in 1963. That's their original drummer, Don Rathbone, sitting on top Graham's shoulders. As you all know, he didn't "stay with the Hollies"!

PostPosted:Wed Oct 10, 2007 23:38 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Page 2 of 21