graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Hollies Movie
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

If we could find a guy as cute as Tony to play him, give me his phone number! Very Happy
PostPosted:Mon Oct 29, 2007 20:34 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
If we could find a guy as cute as Tony to play him, give me his phone number! Very Happy
I think you'd have to get into a large queue behind a lot of forum girls Wink .

PostPosted:Mon Oct 29, 2007 21:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Quote:
think you'd have to get into a large queue behind a lot of forum girls . Wink

I might also make the guy playing Allan jealous! Wink
PostPosted:Mon Oct 29, 2007 22:25 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I was checking that baby names book again, and it says that Tony, short for Anthony, comes from Latin and means incomparable and priceless. That's our Tony! Very Happy

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2008 0:07 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Really, this notion of a movie needs to cease. The Hollies barely get mentioned in a UK TV special about 60s music, they repeatedly fail to get nominated into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, a highly-touted "comeback" album tanks badly, and you still expect a movie to be made on the band? Wishful thinking in the extreme. Are we not thinking rationally here? I get the feeling there are a few overzealous teeny boppers among us, maybe not in actual age but in spirit.
PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2008 18:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dennis wrote:
Really, this notion of a movie needs to cease. The Hollies barely get mentioned in a UK TV special about 60s music, they repeatedly fail to get nominated into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, a highly-touted "comeback" album tanks badly, and you still expect a movie to be made on the band? Wishful thinking in the extreme. Are we not thinking rationally here? I get the feeling there are a few overzealous teeny boppers among us, maybe not in actual age but in spirit.

DENNIS, GET LOST! If you don't like the subject of this thread, don't come here. Talking about a movie being made on the Hollies is just that, talk. I am not a film maker, but if I was - and any talk of a movie made about the Hollies is enough to irk you - I would make such a film just to do so. This is a forum about the Hollies, and this particular board is to talk about anything related to them. I never said I'm expecting a movie to be made on them, so get over yourself and grow up. You're getting on my nerves, and those of a lot of other people on this forum, only I'm the only one's who's lost my patience with you and is willing to tell you off. I think there are one too many idiots on this board, and you've proven it.

PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2008 20:03 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Sat Jan 26, 2008 0:08 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
Says who, Dennis???????????? Until Rob tells us we are talking poppy cock and insists we stop, then we will continue. The forum is all about what ifs as well as things that have actually happened. Us "teeny boppers" ,as you put it, are fans too ,just like you and we have every right to voice our opinions,thoughts and harmless fantasties.So Dennis, leave well alone and don't bother with this thread if it irks you so Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .

PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2008 22:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Says who, Dennis???????????? Until Rob tells us we are talking poppy cock and insists we stop, then we will continue. The forum is all about what ifs as well as things that have actually happened. Us "teeny boppers" ,as you put it, are fans too ,just like you and we have every right to voice our opinions,thoughts and harmless fantasties.So Dennis, leave well alone and don't bother with this thread if it irks you so Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .

I agree with Vrinda and Paula this is a bit of fun we know this is only make believe but we can dream you shouldn't take these things so seriously Dennis Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Fri Jan 25, 2008 23:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I have just been watching Gasoline Alley Bred on youtube( kindly sent to me by Vrinda Very Happy ) and I happen to think the man who plays Tony in Coronation Street (Carla's boyfriend) has the look of Allan about him, especially around the eyes.

PostPosted:Mon Jan 28, 2008 21:18 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bee Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

I really wish there was a film of The Hollies, playing themselves (like The Beatles Hard Days Night and Help!) because The Hollies always seem to be enjoying themselves, whether they are playing or doing interviews etc, and they had a real good sense of humour, plus they are from "up north" like me!! The interview they did for their fans in Milwaukee had me in stitches! sorry... Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2008 15:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Bee wrote:
I really wish there was a film of The Hollies, playing themselves (like The Beatles Hard Days Night and Help!) because The Hollies always seem to be enjoying themselves, whether they are playing or doing interviews etc, and they had a real good sense of humour, plus they are from "up north" like me!! The interview they did for their fans in Milwaukee had me in stitches! sorry... Very Happy
Like the way you think Very Happy .

PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2008 20:57 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Brad Pitt could play Tony Hicks
Dennis Waterman plays Graham Nash
Robert Deniro as Allan Clarke
George Cole as the manager

PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2008 21:23 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anthony wrote:

The thought was always in the back of my mind, and I didn't want to say it, but after reading some of these posts I'll have to: YOU'VE ALL GONE LOONY! Laughing

I might as well join in!

How about:
Nicolas Cage as Bernie
George Clooney as Bobby
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Marianne Faithfull
Laura Prepon as Michelle Phillips
Camryn Manheim as Mama Cass Elliott

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2008 22:11 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Anthony wrote:

If Dennis Waterman is in it, he'll want to sing the theme song to the film, as he did in Minder, New Tricks etc!!

PostPosted:Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:21 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Well John, he would be brilliant for the job. I have been a Dennis fan for many many years. What did you think of Arthur Daley as manager, he would be on a good earner, the band might miss out on their share of the money.

PostPosted:Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:46 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 3 of 4