graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:
I love The Hollies as everyone does here, but let's get real. The band is not larger than life personality-wise or popular enough with the masses to warrant a film.

Neither were the Monkees or Sonny and Cher, yet VH1 and CBS did movies on them, respectively. We are talking "what if" here. VH1 even did a film about the first band that ever opened at Woodstock, a band that disappeared as quickly as they became famous. It could be done, but we're not talking about anything on a grand scale for theatrical release that could generate big bucks. If it were a TV or cable movie or miniseries, it could be done. They work on lower bugets, and often are more reliant on realistic casting and storytelling than the major studio productions.

Disagree.

The Monkees were a cultural phenomenon for the two years their TV show was on the air. They sold as many or possibly more records during that time than The Beatles in the USA.

Sonny and Cher were a phenomenon twice; in the 60s (when even in the UK they toppled The Stones' "Satisfaction" from the No. 1 spot with their ultimate love song "I Got You Babe") and the 70s with their highly-rated weekly variety series and sold-out Las Vegas live shows. They created a major media stir when they divorced.
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:03 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

katdowl wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
Orlando Bloom does resemble Allan - especially near the eyes. Though when I came across some photos of him doing a very ... well, what shall I say - private hygienical act on a public beach, I lost any interest I had in him. With proper makeup and hairstyling, and the right clothes, he could look like a British rocker.

Usually when they cast these types of movies, they hold auditions and somtimes hundreds of actors turn out. They made a TV movie on Sonny and Cher here a few years ago, and I saw photos of some of the women who were auditioning for Cher. They were all dead ringers for her! None of them were famous actresses, and the girl they actually picked to play Cher was a little prettier than she was, but the guy who played Sonny looked and acted just like him, and they were both very convincing!

VH1, a cable music channel in the U.S., did a movie on the Monkees in 2000, and the cast had all the moves and music down perfectly. I thought I was watching the actual TV show when I saw this film! The actors looked just like the Monkees and even talked like them.

Paula, Rupert's eyes do look a lot like Allan's, but can he play Allan as a teenager or at 20? Wink
He could play the 80's Allan.I've seen him in a period drama in the mid 90s and he had wavy hair and he was very similar to Allan. Wink As for Orlando Bloom Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .Actually I think we think too much of the lads to be comfortable seeing them substituted.I'd never be happy with anyone playing Allan, he's a one in a million Smile .

If there was a movie the only person I could see playing Allan is Antonio Banderas Smile
Katdowl,that is hilarious Laughing Laughing .

PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:45 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
I love The Hollies as everyone does here, but let's get real. The band is not larger than life personality-wise or popular enough with the masses to warrant a film.
Come on Dennis let us indulge ourselves Wink .It could be a "straight to video"movie Laughing .

PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:48 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Come on Dennis let us indulge ourselves Wink .It could be a "straight to video"movie Laughing .

Come on yourself. Wink You're grasping at straws now.
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 13:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:

Dennis, let loose a little and suspend disbelief Wink . We're not demanding that a Hollies be made, we're just playing around and pretending that they were. Movies are made on almost every topic imaginable, so a movie on the Hollies isn't too far-fetched. Let's not split hairs about why such a movie could or could not be made. It's a subject that is fair game to any talented and imaginative film maker, who is also a Hollies fan, and wants to pay a decent tribute to them.
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 16:54 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:

Being a Hollies fan and listening to their music has made me a much nicer and chilled out person.Real life is hard for everyone.The forum is a nice little escape for us where we can communicate with a great bunch of people and indulge in our little fantasies.You know I'm right Dennis Wink Wink .

PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 19:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Like Aerosmith sang, "Dream On".
PostPosted:Wed Sep 26, 2007 19:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
Like Aerosmith sang, "Dream On".
Ah Dennis you're a hard man Rolling Eyes .I'm drastically trying to come back with some witty retort or lyric,but I can't think of anything.Someone help Confused

PostPosted:Wed Sep 26, 2007 19:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Ah Dennis you're a hard man Rolling Eyes .I'm drastically trying to come back with some witty retort or lyric,but I can't think of anything.Someone help Confused

As Elvis once sang, "Follow that dream wherever that dream may lead!" Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed Sep 26, 2007 20:36 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

As Elvis once sang, "Follow that dream wherever that dream may lead!" Very Happy
As alwaysVrinda,you've come up with the goods.As far as I'm concerned"You'll Never Walk Alone" Very Happy .

PostPosted:Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As alwaysVrinda,you've come up with the goods.As far as I'm concerned"You'll Never Walk Alone" Very Happy.

Thanks, Paula, it's nice to know that "anytime at all," all I've got to do is call, "and you'll be there!" Very Happy
PostPosted:Thu Sep 27, 2007 19:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As alwaysVrinda,you've come up with the goods.As far as I'm concerned"You'll Never Walk Alone" Very Happy.

Thanks, Paula, it's nice to know that "anytime at all," all I've got to do is call, "and you'll be there!" Very Happy
That makes me feel"Glad all Over" cos I'd be in "Bits and Pieces "without you Laughing Laughing .

PostPosted:Fri Sep 28, 2007 13:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
That makes me feel"Glad all Over" cos I'd be in "Bits and Pieces "without you Laughing Laughing .

These are signs that will never change! Very Happy
PostPosted:Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:06 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

These are signs that will never change! Very Happy
(Inspired no doubt by our recent discussion Wink).You won't believe this but I was gonna send you a message today with the same title.This is too spooky for words Shocked ."Would You Believe" we're telepathic Cool .

PostPosted:Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Just thought I'd try to get this thread going again,sorry Dennis Rolling Eyes .I think the lead singer of the white T's (Hey There Delilah) is a bit like Tony!OK his nose is too big and he's nowhere near as cute as Tony but he has that certain little boy look of Mr.Hicks.He could play him in the forthcoming Hollies movie.Dennis you'll be first to order, won't you, Wink ?

PostPosted:Mon Oct 29, 2007 18:34 pm

Last edited by shootthebusstop on Mon Oct 29, 2007 21:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 2 of 4