graphic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Sylverster / calvert band 198????
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
carlane3 Post subject: Sylverster / calvert band 198????
Banjo

Banjo

Does anyone hear know when and how long terry and bernie played together after the They left the Hollies? Question
PostPosted:Fri Sep 07, 2007 22:05 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Re: Sylverster / calvert band 198????
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

carlane3 wrote:
Does anyone hear know when and how long terry and bernie played together after the They left the Hollies? Question

I'm not sure if Terry and Bernie ever played together in a band. However, if my memory serves me well, I seem to recall Eric Haydock being in a band called Rockhouse. Perhaps someone else has a better recollection of all this and can sort it out for us.
PostPosted:Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:28 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi,
I have seen some home footage of Terry and Bernie playing together, it looked like a pub gig, sadly I never got a copy from this person.

PostPosted:Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:33 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
carlane3 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Anthony wrote:
Hi,
I have seen some home footage of Terry and Bernie playing together, it looked like a pub gig, sadly I never got a copy from this person.

Thats what the audio I heard sounded like, a pub or small club. They sounded very good along with 1 or 2 other players. I wish I had asked the year it was done and who the others were. Terry and bernie always worked well together.
PostPosted:Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:26 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

carlane3 wrote:
Anthony wrote:
Hi,

Thats what the audio I heard sounded like, a pub or small club. They sounded very good along with 1 or 2 other players. I wish I had asked the year it was done and who the others were. Terry and bernie always worked well together.

I wasn't aware that Terry and Bern teamed up after they departed the Hollies. I do know that they have maintained a very close friendship even to this day. Terry always speaks fondly of Bernie and sees him whenever he visits the UK. It is my understanding the Bernie is very active in his church music minstry. Gee, wouldn't it neat if Terry and Bernie decided to form a new band...hey, I can dream can't I?
PostPosted:Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:11 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I had heard that Terry and Bernie teamed up to play together at least once, but I believe it was a gig for a private function of some sort. Holliesfan, I think you've got a great idea there!

PostPosted:Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:38 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
carlane3 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

snowflake wrote:
I had heard that Terry and Bernie teamed up to play together at least once, but I believe it was a gig for a private function of some sort. Holliesfan, I think you've got a great idea there!

I was able to get my friend to send me the audio recording of terry and bernie playing at a gig in the U.K. terry introduces the drummer as " Martin" , no last name , so I assume he was well known to the people in attendence.

Here is what they played on the recording:

long cool woman
just one look
another night
sorry suzanne
sandy
bus stop
stay
rockin' robin
pick up the pieces
the air that i breathe
c'mon everybody
he ain't heavy, he's my brother
long cool woman ( again)
that'll be the day
PostPosted:Tue Sep 18, 2007 21:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Johngill Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

carlane3 wrote:
snowflake wrote:

I was able to get my friend to send me the audio recording of terry and bernie playing at a gig in the U.K. terry introduces the drummer as " Martin" , no last name , so I assume he was well known to the people in attendence.

long cool woman
just one look
another night
sorry suzanne
sandy
bus stop
stay
rockin' robin
pick up the pieces
the air that i breathe
c'mon everybody
long cool woman ( again)
that'll be the day

Not living off the old hits, then . . .
PostPosted:Wed Sep 19, 2007 21:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Johngill wrote:
carlane3 wrote:
snowflake wrote:

long cool woman
just one look
another night
sorry suzanne
sandy
bus stop
stay
rockin' robin
pick up the pieces
the air that i breathe
c'mon everybody
long cool woman ( again)
that'll be the day

Not living off the old hits, then . . .

I for one would have loved to have heard Terry sing all these great songs, with Bernie beside him. The Hollies legacy is an impressive one, and they were paying tribute to it. Nothing more, nothing less.
PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2007 17:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Exactly, Dennis.

PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2007 18:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Johngill Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Precisely Sad
PostPosted:Sun Sep 23, 2007 21:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Most of the Hollies setlist is classic hits, so they then also must be accused of living off old hits too. I don't see what the problem is with Terry and Bernie doing a couple of gigs of this ilk.

PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:30 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

James Towill wrote:
Most of the Hollies setlist is classic hits, so they then also must be accused of living off old hits too. I don't see what the problem is with Terry and Bernie doing a couple of gigs of this ilk.

It's the same with EVERY vintage act still performing; the old hits attract the crowds.
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 13:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Johngill Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

James Towill wrote:

Not a whole setlist - they're not the Hollies, they are ex-Hollies (and bloody good ones at that) - this was my point. A few songs okay, but there's a point at which you might expect them to do other stuff as well. Anwyay it's history so let's not get steamed up about it - I don't often find myself on the other side of the fence from you, James Smile
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 21:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Johngill wrote:
James Towill wrote:

Not a whole setlist - they're not the Hollies, they are ex-Hollies (and bloody good ones at that) - this was my point. A few songs okay, but there's a point at which you might expect them to do other stuff as well. Anwyay it's history so let's not get steamed up about it - I don't often find myself on the other side of the fence from you, James Smile

I do see your point. But at least Terry sang a Hollies album track that he sang lead on, "Pick Up the Pieces Again". More Terry-sung Hollies tracks would have made sense, no question about that.
PostPosted:Tue Sep 25, 2007 0:23 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next