graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Hollies in Swedish "Hänt i Veckan" 1969
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject: Hollies in Swedish "Hänt i Veckan" 1969
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

This is an article from the Swedish magazine "Hänt i Veckan" May the 23rd 1969. It includes a short interview with Tony from the Hollies' press conference in Stockholm before their tour of the folk parks. See my translation below.

WELCOME HOLLIES – the folk parks are waiting

Touring in Sweden is great!
Exclaimed Tony Hicks, solo guitarist of the Hollies. Tony laughed.
- Folkparkerna, folkparkerna, it’s OK?
- We don’t know how many times we’ve visited Sweden, I think it will be the sixth or seventh time. It’s so nice here in spring.
- Look!
Tony makes a gesture with his hand towards the Lidingö bay, glittering in the spring sun.
- Look at the colours – fantastic.
The Hollies are visiting 26 places during their tour of the folk parks until May the 31st. They will also be doing a TV-programme. Lasse Hallström will be the producer. He has worked with the Hollies before on earlier tours.
- It will be exciting to see how the Swedish audience will like Terry. Home in England he got a really nice reception from the fans. Much better than we could have hoped for.
Terry Sylvester is the successor of Graham Nash. A 24 year old Liverpool-guy with merits like, leader of the Swinging Blue Jeans. Terry blended in fine with the group right from the start and after just a few weeks they could make their first recordings. Which resulted in good placings on the British hitlist. And on the Swedish “Tio i topp” (Top ten) where their “Sorry Susanne” has been this spring. And after having listened to their new LP “The Hollies Sing Dylan” we don’t think that Terry, Allan, Bernie and Bobby need to worry about how the Swedish fans will react.

Caption: Film photographer Peter Goldman talking to Lasse Hallström at the Hollies press conference at the Foresta hotel. Lasse Hallström is going to make a “pop thing” on the lads during their tour of Sweden, for television.
PostPosted:Sat Mar 22, 2008 22:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Good article, thanks for the translation Very Happy

PostPosted:Sun Mar 23, 2008 0:04 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Great article, and really fab photos! Thanks for posting this, Agneta!

PostPosted:Mon Mar 24, 2008 15:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Wow great article and love the photos never seen those before thanks for this Smile
PostPosted:Mon Mar 24, 2008 18:00 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

You're welcome!

I see now that they've mixed up Allan with Bobby in the text under the large photo!
PostPosted:Mon Mar 24, 2008 20:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks, Agneta! Great article and lovely photos! I love the top photo! Check out Allan in profile drinking what looks like Coca-Cola in the second shot! Very Happy

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:12 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Thanks, Agneta! Great article and lovely photos! I love the top photo! Check out Allan in profile drinking what looks like Coca-Cola in the second shot! Very Happy
I think that was beer, there was a head on it. I think the lads ,excepting Graham , were fond of their beer.CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted:Thu Mar 27, 2008 22:16 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
I think that was beer, there was a head on it. I think the lads ,excepting Graham , were fond of their beer.CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not too fond of beer! But if I were drinking with Allan and the guys, I would be! Very Happy

PostPosted:Fri Apr 04, 2008 17:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

I'm not too fond of beer! But if I were drinking with Allan and the guys, I would be! Very Happy
I'd join you there ,mate Wink .

PostPosted:Sun Apr 06, 2008 20:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: Hollies in Swedish "Hänt i Veckan" 1969
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Agneta wrote:
This is an article from the Swedish magazine "Hänt i Veckan" May the 23rd 1969. It includes a short interview with Tony from the Hollies' press conference in Stockholm before their tour of the folk parks. See my translation below.

WELCOME HOLLIES – the folk parks are waiting

Touring in Sweden is great!
Exclaimed Tony Hicks, solo guitarist of the Hollies. Tony laughed.
- Folkparkerna, folkparkerna, it’s OK?
- We don’t know how many times we’ve visited Sweden, I think it will be the sixth or seventh time. It’s so nice here in spring.
- Look!
Tony makes a gesture with his hand towards the Lidingö bay, glittering in the spring sun.
- Look at the colours – fantastic.
The Hollies are visiting 26 places during their tour of the folk parks until May the 31st. They will also be doing a TV-programme. Lasse Hallström will be the producer. He has worked with the Hollies before on earlier tours.
- It will be exciting to see how the Swedish audience will like Terry. Home in England he got a really nice reception from the fans. Much better than we could have hoped for.
Terry Sylvester is the successor of Graham Nash. A 24 year old Liverpool-guy with merits like, leader of the Swinging Blue Jeans. Terry blended in fine with the group right from the start and after just a few weeks they could make their first recordings. Which resulted in good placings on the British hitlist. And on the Swedish “Tio i topp” (Top ten) where their “Sorry Susanne” has been this spring. And after having listened to their new LP “The Hollies Sing Dylan” we don’t think that Terry, Allan, Bernie and Bobby need to worry about how the Swedish fans will react.

Caption: Film photographer Peter Goldman talking to Lasse Hallström at the Hollies press conference at the Foresta hotel. Lasse Hallström is going to make a “pop thing” on the lads during their tour of Sweden, for television.

This must have been the tour they did with Bamboo as the support act, the band's first encounter with Mikael Rickfors.
PostPosted:Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:36 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Great photo's Agneta,it made a really interesting read.
PostPosted:Fri Apr 11, 2008 14:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

I wouldn't have it any other way! I'll be waiting for you! Very Happy

PostPosted:Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:17 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

I wouldn't have it any other way! I'll be waiting for you! Very Happy
Can't wait Wink .

PostPosted:Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:11 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Bottom corner picture-Tony's blowing me a kiss again-He really needs to get over himself(only joking pet!)
PostPosted:Mon Apr 14, 2008 23:38 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

And his eyes!! Oh!! Those eyes!!Beautiful Baby Blues!
PostPosted:Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:21 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1