graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Fabulous - February 20, 1965
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject: Fabulous - February 20, 1965
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

All right, folks, here's something that will make everyone's jaws drop - at least some of them! From the February 20, 1965 issue of Fabulous, comes an article about the Hollies going deep-sea diving. It's called "The Hollies Visit Some Low Dives." Graham, Allan, and the rest of the gang head to Portland Harbour for some aquatic antics, and from these pictures, they had a ball! Check out this first pinup but, before you do, please read this:

WARNING TO TONY'S FANS: THE FOLLOWING MAY CAUSE ADRENALINE RUSHES, FAINTING, AND/OR HOURS OF ENDLESS SHRIEKING LIKE A FAN AT A '60S CONCERT.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE SEATED WHEN YOU VIEW THIS AND HAVE A HAND-HELD FAN READY! I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES THAT OCCUR AS A RESULT OF VIEWING THIS PHOTO.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

P.S. IF YOUR COMPUTER MONITORS HEAT UP, THAT'S TO BE EXPECTED. THIS IS ONE SIZZLING PHOTO!

PostPosted:Thu Sep 06, 2007 19:35 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Sat Sep 08, 2007 15:38 pm; edited 5 times in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's the first page and more photos, with Allan and Graham playing SeaHunt and investigating the mysterious deep blue sea:

"Allan Clarke decides to catch the sea monster. In that outfit he'd scare it to death!"

" 'Make for the shore boys,' says Allan Clarke. 'Moby Dick's on the way.' "

That's Allan on the left, in the white sweater. That's Tony standing in the center, in the speedos (as if you needed me to tell you that!).
PostPosted:Thu Sep 06, 2007 19:42 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

PostPosted:Thu Sep 06, 2007 19:44 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Thu Sep 06, 2007 19:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

PostPosted:Thu Sep 06, 2007 19:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

PostPosted:Thu Sep 06, 2007 19:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I've been a certified scuba diver since around 1986, and I haven't seen gear that antiquated since I saw a WWII movie about underwater demolition teams! Shocked
PostPosted:Thu Sep 06, 2007 20:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Laughing Vrinda what a priceless article ,I absolutely loved it.Was feeling abit Crying or Very sad and this just cracked me up.I think you should have issued a warning to the Tony fans , though(my God those swimming trunks were ,well Shocked ,if you know what I mean).The pics of Allan are brill,especially the one of him getting into the boat( if I was a mermaid..............but this is a family show ). Wink Many many thanks,Vrinda, you never cease to amaze!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted:Thu Sep 06, 2007 20:21 pm

Last edited by shootthebusstop on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
I've been a certified scuba diver since around 1986, and I haven't seen gear that antiquated since I saw a WWII movie about underwater demolition teams! Shocked

I agree, Sparty. The scuba equipment didn't look like the ones they used in some 1950s and 1960s underwater movies. Even the stuff they used in Creature From the Black Lagoon in 1954 looked more modern than this! Maybe they used the antiquated stuff because they thought people would get a laugh when they saw the photos!

Quote:
Laughing Vrinda what a priceless article ,I absolutely loved it.Was feeling abit Crying or Very sad and this just cracked me up.I think you should have issued a warning to the Tony fans , though(my God those swimming trunks were ,well Shocked ,if you know what I mean).The pics of Allan are brill,especially the one of him getting out of the boat( if I was a mermaid..............but this is a family show ). Wink Many many thanks,Vrinda, you never cease to amaze!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome, Paula! I'll edit that first post with a warning to Tony fans. Wink Those swimming trunks do say a lot more than they should!

I loved the picture of Allan coming onto the boat, and I know the feeling: To have been a mermaid right when Allan was swimming by! Wink
PostPosted:Thu Sep 06, 2007 21:07 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:08 am; edited 2 times in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I applaud you ,Vrinda, for the warning to Tony fans.You are a responsible Hollies fan who realizes the devastating effect these men can have on us poor females Laughing

PostPosted:Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:46 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Vrinda, as I've said before, you are The Queen of the Back Pages! Thank you for this article. Paula read my mind when she called it "priceless" Very Happy And about Tony's -- um -- briefs Surprised yes, I think the warning was a good idea Shocked Very Happy

PostPosted:Fri Sep 07, 2007 15:10 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks, Susan! I had no idea when I bought this magazine that the article was going to be like this! Now it makes me want to find the issues of Fabulous where they go ice skating and skiing. Very Happy

You're welcome again, Paula! These photos are just too hot to leave on their own. If I prevented any heart attacks or fainting spells by posting that warning, then it was all worth it! Wink
PostPosted:Fri Sep 07, 2007 20:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Vrinda,
You come up with some brilliant stuff, you have a wonderful collection of items.
Thanks a million,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:40 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

You're welcome, Anthony, and thank you! I sometimes buy these magazines not knowing what to expect, and when I open them, it's like unearthing buried treasure. I find so many interesting things about our favorite singers that it boggles the mind. I would never expect to find an article showing the guys scuba diving, or beefcake shots of Tony, for that matter! Shocked

These articles also give you another lead to finding other ones, like the issues mentioned here where they go skiing and ice skating. I'm going to hunt for those! Wink

Wish me luck!
Vrinda Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:16 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
You're welcome, Anthony, and thank you! I sometimes buy these magazines not knowing what to expect, and when I open them, it's like unearthing buried treasure. I find so many interesting things about our favorite singers that it boggles the mind. I would never expect to find an article showing the guys scuba diving, or beefcake shots of Tony, for that matter! Shocked

These articles also give you another lead to finding other ones, like the issues mentioned here where they go skiing and ice skating. I'm going to hunt for those! Wink

Wish me luck!
Vrinda Very Happy
Vrinda, you're a real Hollies private eye( I have visions of you wearing a deerstalker and carrying around a big magnifying glass!)Best of luck with the search for the skiing and ice-skating articles(wow!)Just think if there were any other articles,the possibilities are endless!Hollies go on safari,Hollies go mountaineering,Hollies go and call at my house,well I can dream! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted:Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Vrinda, you're a real Hollies private eye( I have visions of you wearing a deerstalker and carrying around a big magnifying glass!)Best of luck with the search for the skiing and ice-skating articles(wow!)Just think if there were any other articles,the possibilities are endless!Hollies go on safari,Hollies go mountaineering,Hollies go and call at my house,well I can dream! Laughing Laughing

Thanks, Paula! I do write detective stories, but nothing that's been published on a grand scale! Ha ha! Sherlock Holmes, move over! If the Hollies went on safari, that would a whole other story! Allan bagging a rhinocerous, Tony and Bobby getting chased by a lion, Graham scares an entire herd of antelope ... Very Happy

The Hollies come to your house, ... well, that would be nice, but make sure you let me know when they're coming! Wink
PostPosted:Tue Sep 11, 2007 14:51 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Thu Oct 25, 2007 16:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2