The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Indian Girl
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject: Indian Girl
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi!

All of you probably heard Indian Girl ages ago, but when I got the Romany CD, I heard it for the first time, and I just had to write and say how lovely I think it is!
It’s such a sweet, gentle song with just the kind of harmonies that I love. I’m impressed with Terry for writing it.

This last year that I’ve lived with the Hollies’ music, I’ve heard so many beautiful songs – old, but new to me – that it’s been quite overwhelming. And I still have something to look forward to, as I haven’t heard all of them yet.
I immediately liked Staying Power (just having heard five of the songs performed live might have helped), though I know not everybody did. But I must admit, the more I hear of the old songs, the less I listen to the new ones.

Agneta

PostPosted:Sat Sep 01, 2007 21:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Agneta - there's also a version of Indian Girl on Terry's solo album 'I Believe'.

PostPosted:Sat Sep 01, 2007 21:36 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: Indian Girl
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Agneta wrote:
Hi!

All of you probably heard Indian Girl ages ago, but when I got the Romany CD, I heard it for the first time, and I just had to write and say how lovely I think it is!
It’s such a sweet, gentle song with just the kind of harmonies that I love. I’m impressed with Terry for writing it.

This last year that I’ve lived with the Hollies’ music, I’ve heard so many beautiful songs – old, but new to me – that it’s been quite overwhelming. And I still have something to look forward to, as I haven’t heard all of them yet.
I immediately liked Staying Power (just having heard five of the songs performed live might have helped), though I know not everybody did. But I must admit, the more I hear of the old songs, the less I listen to the new ones.

Agneta

"Indian Girl" was on the B side of "Long Dark Road" here in the US. It made enough of an impression that there was sheet music issued on it, and Denny Doherty from the Mamas and The Papas recorded it as a solo. His version came out on the Columbia label.
PostPosted:Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:53 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi James and Dennis,

Thank you for the information!

PostPosted:Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:57 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi,

I bought 'Romany' CD (and 'Buddy Holly' CD) too. It's different from the other albums but I love it.

And like Agneta said '...I've heard so many beautiful songs - old, but new to me - that it's quite overwhelming. And I still have something to look forward to, as I haven't heard all of them yet...'

An
PostPosted:Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:52 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hello An!

Nice to know that you're in a similar situation as me. I like the "Buddy Holly" CD too, especially the 1995 version of "Peggy Sue Got Married".

Agneta

PostPosted:Sat Sep 08, 2007 22:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

James Towill wrote:
Hi Agneta - there's also a version of Indian Girl on Terry's solo album 'I Believe'.

Now I've listened to Indian Girl on Terry Sylvester's website. His version is good too, but I prefer the Hollies' version because of the harmonies.

PostPosted:Sat Sep 08, 2007 22:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1