graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Disaster on Shells Loopy Laptop!
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject: Disaster on Shells Loopy Laptop!
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I've had a nightmare morning and I hope I don't get into trouble for bringing this up..

I opened my emails this morning and there was a message from what I thought was my ISP... it wasn't Exclamation Crying or Very sad The message told me that my email addy was going to be withdrawn and had an attachment with a password to open it... luckily my anti virus was up to date cos it contained the bagel virus, which has caused me to lose my favourites list, my whole email prog and Gawd knows what else

It's a really convincing email and it's mucked up Outlook Express causing it to download the same email every time I open the prog up...it opens every time I start OE up.... Laughing Laughing

DOn't worry, I've done a full scan each time and it's gotten rid of it but I'm gonna have to uninstall the prog and re-install it so that I can sort out my mail Surprised Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I just wanna warn you that if you get an email from what looks like your ISP... delete it toute suite! and make sure your virus prog is well up to date.. Thank goodness I'm not using Norton's cos the last time this happened it knocked that out too...

Anyone else having problems out there... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

MMM think I should just jump oot the windae! Nae if I dae that I'll miss the Hollies on 11th! Very Happy [/b]

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Thu Mar 04, 2004 13:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Shells Exclamation

Sorry to hear that you've been having problems with your computer. About a month ago I had a problem with my computer. One day I checked my mail in all three boxes and then I logged on This Hollies site had a bit of a look around and I still don't know what happened but when I click on this forum the whole computer just shut down. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

When I turn the computer back on it wouldn't go into windows, no matter what I did it just wouldn't go into windows. It was like it for three days and when my brother Michael came to visit he had a look at it and it wouldn't work for him either, he thought that I might have had some sort of virus in the program or computer. So Michael reinstalled windows and the computer has worked properly since. Very Happy So on the first day of each month I am going to do a complete virus scan. Wink

All The Best

Susie

Rolling Eyes Razz
PostPosted:Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:12 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Susie

It's been a nightmare few days with this stupid machine!

I definitely got a virus and it's taken me three days to redo the whole system... part of my problem is getting support... BT OPENWORLD, my main ISP won't give me support cos I don't PAY them for online time...

Because I use BT Broadband, I can stay online all the time but Openworld and BT Broadband are seperate companies so they are both refusing support.... the only way to fix it appears to be an engineer which again isn't any use cos my puta was only bought in November there... the manufacturers won't help cos it's a software prog and the place I bought it won't help cos it's nothing to do with them... catch NINETY NINE situation... There are soo many things that are going wrong here so I feel like running away Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Looks like I am going to have to find a new email providerT Broadband don't provide the email addresses.. complicated isn't it?

HEY I could right a novel about this one couldn't I? Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Sad Confused Mad Confused

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Sun Mar 07, 2004 14:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic