graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » After the Fox
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks Geoff for wonderful posts! Maybe it´s not so easy to decide who´s the master producer when three top-producers are involved.. After I´ve read your posts I agree that Burt Bacharach sounds most probable.

A new question; Do You or someone else, know anything about Burn fire burn, recorded November 7th 1973?
PostPosted:Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:33 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Foxy Business
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Later Ringo Starr of course did "The Magic Christian" film in 1969 with The Great Peter Sellers (Paul McCartney duly wrote a song - "Come and Get it" - and Badfinger did the music....),
PostPosted:Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:58 am

Last edited by Gee on Wed May 26, 2010 17:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Burning Question ....?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

"Burn Fire Burn" is a Bobby Elliott & Bernie Calvert song.....it might see light of day on any future "Hollies Rarities 2 " set.
PostPosted:Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:08 pm

Last edited by Gee on Wed May 26, 2010 17:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I don´t know how many times I´ve said thankyou to You now Geoff, but here it comes again! Many thanks!!

Not just that you gave me an answer on my first question, I also got answers on the ones I thought might follow!

Now we cross our fingers and hope for a release of a Rarities 2!!!!!!!!!!! Why not include the recordings from Chappel studios (Angel of the morning, Dang me) or from the Basing Street sessions in 1976....
PostPosted:Thu Aug 23, 2007 13:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: Re: It' All Over Town....
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Geoff coles wrote:
Re Scott's question.....I think possibly the film may now be out on DVD....try checking Amazon website or others that do Pop Movies....

The Decca soundtrack might also have come out on CD too, as I recall "Record Collector" magazine mentioned The Soundtrack and that the EMI act The Hollies' song "Now's The Time" was absent from it.... with only the Decca Artists songs appearing on it.....

I saw the film at the Cinema many years ago....I think I am right in saying The Hollies ride up on scooters or Bikes, then perform the song....
I do remember a Camera shot looking along the frontline of Graham (with his Acoustic guitar with "Hollies" written down it....), then Allan, then Tony....
I believe it was in colour although I can't be sure now....

I haven't seen that performance since Then....!

The Hollies' peformance in the movie, lips-synched, of course, is available on several of the boots that one sees floating around on ebay. That's the only time I've ever seen Don Rathbone as a member of the Hollies. Alas, the boots have to be a copy of a copy of a copy of a, well, you get the idea. It's extremely blurry, but yes, it's in color, errr, I mean colour.
PostPosted:Thu Aug 23, 2007 13:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

There are clips of it on YouTube. I'll post the link when I find it.

Quote:
Vrinda is quite right...

Thanks again, Geoff! I would write more now, but I have some more stuff to do. ...

Bye for now! Very Happy
PostPosted:Thu Aug 23, 2007 16:12 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Dang Me....That's Don Rathbone on Drums....!
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Don Rathbone can also be seen (Barely tho' !)....right at the back in their Promo film for "Little lover" (1963)....filmed at what looks like a Garden Party in a Marquee.....Tony Hicks looks about 14 years old....!
Amazingly it's in COLOUR....and was made by De Laine Lea Studios...so the opening credit goes.....
PostPosted:Thu Aug 23, 2007 18:53 pm

Last edited by Gee on Wed May 26, 2010 17:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

It isn't a classic and the film isn't much better in my view. I like Peter Sellers part though, he was so talented but a very complex person and this song was included in 'The Life and Death of Peter Sellers'.

PostPosted:Thu Aug 23, 2007 19:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I absolutely detest After The Fox - yuck!

Re: Chappells session - they must have been keen working on New Years Day! Laughing

PostPosted:Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:30 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject: Re: It' All Over Town....
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
Geoff coles wrote:
Re Scott's question.....I think possibly the film may now be out on DVD....try checking Amazon website or others that do Pop Movies....

The Decca soundtrack might also have come out on CD too, as I recall "Record Collector" magazine mentioned The Soundtrack and that the EMI act The Hollies' song "Now's The Time" was absent from it.... with only the Decca Artists songs appearing on it.....

I saw the film at the Cinema many years ago....I think I am right in saying The Hollies ride up on scooters or Bikes, then perform the song....
I do remember a Camera shot looking along the frontline of Graham (with his Acoustic guitar with "Hollies" written down it....), then Allan, then Tony....

The Hollies' peformance in the movie, lips-synched, of course, is available on several of the boots that one sees floating around on ebay. That's the only time I've ever seen Don Rathbone as a member of the Hollies. Alas, the boots have to be a copy of a copy of a copy of a, well, you get the idea. It's extremely blurry, but yes, it's in color, errr, I mean colour.

I´ve got "Now´s the time" on DVD in very good colour quality and with Don Rathbone at the drums. The boys rides up on motorbikes wearing leathersuits. They are met by a mechanic who looks like Bobby Elliott at temporary age. Graham Nash is in front during the take, but there´s no Hollies written on the guitar (as far as I can see Geoff). The sleevenotes says it´s from the When the Quiff was king. It makes me a little confused... What film was that??
PostPosted:Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:17 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Beebs Post subject: Re: It' All Over Town....

Bonus wrote:
SpartyScott wrote:
Geoff coles wrote:

I´ve got "Now´s the time" on DVD in very good colour quality and with Don Rathbone at the drums. The boys rides up on motorbikes wearing leathersuits. They are met by a mechanic who looks like Bobby Elliott at temporary age. Graham Nash is in front during the take, but there´s no Hollies written on the guitar (as far as I can see Geoff). The sleevenotes says it´s from the When the Quiff was king. It makes me a little confused... What film was that??

Hi there...Been awhile, but couldn't resist piping in here...I taped When the Quiff Was King years ago when it was shown on the Canadian pay TV movie network. It's more of a compilation of videos and movie clips (with no commentary whatsoever) celebrating British rock and roll...I'd say pre-Beatle, but there are a couple of clips that don't conform to that, one by Spencer Davis Group and of course, the Hollies clip.

The rest is a fascinating (if disorganized) look at British songs that didn't quite "jump the pond". It was the first time I had ever encountered Billy Fury and all those Elvis/Cliff wannabes...and Cliff for that matter...Other acts included the Shadows, The AppleJacks, Johnny B. Great, Tommy Steele, Frankie Vaughan, The Springfields, Billy Shane Fenton & the Fentones, Lulu, Freddie & the Dreamers, King Brothers and Lonnie Donnegan, I think. A great laugh if anyone can get a hold of a copy!

My question is this: can anyone explain to me The Three Bells? Laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hz7XUK9hus

PostPosted:Fri Aug 24, 2007 13:02 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2