[/url]
PostPosted:Sat Oct 13, 2007 20:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

These photos are priceless! They guys look so handsome here. Graham looks so sexy, yet stern. Allan's got the most deadpan look I've ever seen. I wonder if the photographer asked him not to smile or if they felt that was the best shot of him to include. It looks like he's inviting someone to sit on his lap! (Here I come!)

What does the article say?

Thanks again for posting these. They are wonderful!
PostPosted:Sat Oct 13, 2007 22:00 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Tue Oct 16, 2007 23:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Amazing photos,just superb.Thank you so much.I think it's weird that Eric is smiling in these photos but yet they might just explain the slightly "off beat "guy he was.It's quite clear that the photogragher told the lads to look serious and yet Eric is smiling.I think he did that just to be different to the rest.The guys look so down right sexy it's unreal!I think Allan looks like I've just got off his knee,ooff!painful Laughing Laughing .

PostPosted:Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:37 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

There is a slight smile on Bobby's face, and I just love how Eric is trying to be different than the rest! Bobby and Tony have this evil mastermind look in those photos, and yes, Allan does look like someone had just sat on his lap (probably me!). Ouch!
PostPosted:Sun Oct 14, 2007 17:32 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Amazing photos,just superb.Thank you so much.I think it's weird that Eric is smiling in these photos but yet they might just explain the slightly "off beat "guy he was.It's quite clear that the photogragher told the lads to look serious and yet Eric is smiling.I think he did that just to be different to the rest.The guys look so down right sexy it's unreal!I think Allan looks like I've just got off his knee,ooff!painful Laughing Laughing .

Eric was certainly not "offbeat" when it came to playing bass. Listen to those early records and live appearances on Shindig, etc. The guy played fast and coupled with Bobby's speed the two of them made one hell of a rhythm section. Plus, girls, wasn't he a cutie? But then, so was Bernie. Each of them could have had his own separate fan club.
PostPosted:Sun Oct 14, 2007 17:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Eric was certainly not "offbeat" when it came to playing bass. Listen to those early records and live appearances on Shindig, etc. The guy played fast and coupled with Bobby's speed the two of them made one hell of a rhythm section. Plus, girls, wasn't he a cutie? But then, so was Bernie. Each of them could have had his own separate fan club.

Well, of course! That goes without saying, but Eric did have something enegmatic about him, maybe because he didn't smile all too often, and people thought he was just not socialable. He and Bernie were definitely great guitarists, and not to mention real cuties!
PostPosted:Sun Oct 14, 2007 18:50 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Tue Oct 16, 2007 23:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.
I will translate the article later.

Agneta
PostPosted:Sun Oct 14, 2007 20:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

You're welcome, Agneta!

Thank you so much!
PostPosted:Sun Oct 14, 2007 21:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Agneta wrote:
I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.
I will translate the article later.

Agneta
You've given us girls great pleasure,thanks again Wink Wink .

PostPosted:Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:56 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:

Yes, Dennis you are right there.I was referring to Eric's somewhat unusual behaviour eg not turning up for performances etc.I think my fav pic of Eric is in the LRH boxset booklet.It was taken when the original line up briefly got together in the 80s.Eric is very tanned and hunky Wink .And as for Bernie,well it goes without saying, what a sweetheart!

PostPosted:Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Bernie is adorable! I love the way he smiles. Very Happy
PostPosted:Mon Oct 15, 2007 18:00 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject: Article re: Eric Haydock's departure
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Very nice photos, Agneta! And I agree with you, Vrinda, about Bernie Very Happy

I found a small article about Eric's departure in a publication about various British Invasion groups circa 1966 (sorry, I don't have the publication name or the exact date); thought you all might find it interesting (and Vrinda, there is a "footnote" about Allan!)

ERIC HAYDOCK QUITS HOLLIES: Replacement Ready

Eric Haydock, bass guitar and founder member of the Hollies, has left the group. Reason: he wants to spend more time at home with his wife. Haydock (24) will be replaced by 23-year-old Bern Calvert when the Hollies start work again after their holiday tomorrow (Friday). Bern is a long-standing friend of Hollies Tony Hicks and Bobby Elliott, and used to play with them in a group called the Dolphins before the Hollies were formed. Eric has been unhappy for some time with the constant travelling the group has been doing and wants to spend more time with his wife, Pam, at their home in Stockport.

The Hollies, with Bern in the line-up, make their first public appearance tomorrow at Central Pier, Morecambe; followed by the Imperial, Nelson (30) and North Pier, Blackpool (31). From August 1 to 4 the boys go into the studio for recording -- a session from which their new single will result.

Footnote: Hollies singer Allan Clarke became a dad last week. His wife, Jeni, gave birth to a boy, Timothy, at their home in Disley, Manchester.

PostPosted:Wed Oct 17, 2007 20:14 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks, Snowflake! Allan became a dad just when Eric was leaving, so it seems with one ending, comes a new beginning! Judging by the dates they gave, that article must have been printed before August of 1966, maybe in July, since it gives the dates they were performing in Nelson and Blackpool, the 30th and 31st, respectively.

Wow, Allan married and became father very young. I couldn't have done that. I can picture him handing out cigars to rest of the guys! Very Happy

Thanks so much for that article, Snowflake! Just wait till Paula reads it! Wink
PostPosted:Wed Oct 17, 2007 20:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Thanks, Snowflake! Allan became a dad just when Eric was leaving, so it seems with one ending, comes a new beginning! Judging by the dates they gave, that article must have been printed before August of 1966, maybe in July, since it gives the dates they were performing in Nelson and Blackpool, the 30th and 31st, respectively.

Wow, Allan married and became father very young. I couldn't have done that. I can picture him handing out cigars to rest of the guys! Very Happy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!I've read it.Allan a daddy,isn't it just lovely to see that in print.At least he left it alittle longer than me.I was only married 9 months and 10 days when my daughter was born.If I had have been marrying Allan it might have been 9 months and 10 days BEFORE the wedding Laughing Laughing .

PostPosted:Wed Oct 17, 2007 21:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Quote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!I've read it.Allan a daddy,isn't it just lovely to see that in print.At least he left it alittle longer than me.I was only married 9 months and 10 days when my daughter was born.If I had have been marrying Allan it might have been 9 months and 10 days BEFORE the wedding Laughing .

Thanks, Paula! I laughed like crazy when I read that! But I agree, if I had been marrying Allan, it would also have been nine months and ten days before the wedding! That would make for great headlines! Then again, that would spur me to have the wedding much earlier!

One more note: According to Bernie's Sundazed interview, he joined the group in July, so that might just be when Snowflake's article is from!
PostPosted:Wed Oct 17, 2007 21:16 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3