graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » New Hollies DVD
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject: New Hollies DVD
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I heard there is a new compilation DVD ready for release. Apparantly it is waiting for approval from the Hollies for all used videos. On the disc there will be an original videoclip of 'Blowin' in the Wind' (without Graham Nash) and a full version of 'He ain't Heavy...' from 1969 in colour!

It was supposed to be releases together with the 6-CD compilation, but got delayed... a lot.

I sure hope everything gets settled soon!

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:48 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I don't know what your source is for that information but it sure would nice if true. Perhaps Rob could comment on this possibility?
PostPosted:Wed Mar 03, 2004 17:11 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

If there's a DVD out I'm first in the queue... you could ask Rob but he's not here until Saturday.

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Wed Mar 03, 2004 23:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

The new DVD is made by a Dutch company. They already released a few sixties and seventies compilation DVD's on which there are some Hollies clips (Dear Eloise, Magic Woman Touch, Long Cool Woman, Too Young To Be Married etc.).
At the end of this month there will be two new seventies and two new sixties compilations released. Hopefully there are Hollies tracks on these as well. I haven't seen the tracklisting yet. If there are Hollies sings on it I will post them here.
The Hollies-only-DVD will be distributed by EMI. The compilations by an independent distributor.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 03, 2004 23:39 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Isn't there a website member who works for or once worked for EMI? I seem to recall a comment awhile back on Rob's original site. Perhaps they could comment on the purported Hollies-ONLY DVD.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 03, 2004 23:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi All Exclamation

If there is a Hollies DVD that would be great but it would be fantastic if it is also released on video for those of us who don't have a DVD player.

I have a video called NO.1 hits of the 60's and The Hollies are on it singing I'm Alive. Smile And I have another video called Hits of 1968 and it has The Hollies singing Jennifer Eccles on it. Very Happy

All The Best

Susie

Wink Cool
PostPosted:Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:18 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

YOu know Holliesfan...

People tend to forget that not everyone has a DVD player. It's like cassettes.... before we had a CD player in the car, it was murder trying to get audio cassets... NOW it's difficult to get music CD's in some shops.. If ANYTHING is brought out please remember those who haven't got the most up to date technology...

You make a valid point there! Very Happy Idea

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Thu Mar 04, 2004 13:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I don't think it's about forgetting, but about money. Off course publishers are aware of the fact, that there are still people, who do not have a DVD-player (yet). It's more a question of: Does the tape sell (enough)? Music Videos have never sold well. Thanks to DVD more people are buying music on video and this makes it possible to invest in making a compilation on DVD. Still the Dutch guy who made the Hollies DVD and the other compilations makes them because of his love for sixties and seventies music and not particularly for the money. This is the only way to get this done as it is very complicated to get approval for the various rights. Major companies will not make an effort themselves to do such things.

Unless they can make a lot of money...

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Thu Mar 04, 2004 22:17 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I agree totally Shells, when some people make music or anything for that only on DVD only, they are NOT Concidering those who DON'T have a DVD player and NOT everyone can afford one because I've seen the price of DVD players and some of them cost as much or more than a T.V. or Video Player. Mad So if there is a Hollies compilation I hope it is released on Video and a CD would be nice too. Smile

All The Best

Susie

Wink Cool
PostPosted:Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:40 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I don't think you can blame musicians for not releasing any material on what kind of format. The publishers decide what will be released and what will not be released. If they think they can make money out of it, than it could be released. I guess every musician would like to help out all their fans, but I'm afraid it's not entirely in their hands.

In the case of the Hollies-only DVD a ready-for-release DVD is made by a guy, who loves doing this for the fans.

I think the approval for the Hollies DVD by The Hollies is not if it gets released yes or no, but if the used material is good enough.

This could be because of poor quality of some clips. I remember a clip on a compilation of Too Young To Be Married had the images of the guitarsolo by Tony Hicks cut out. It was replaced by other images. Such a shame! In some cases the sound quality was bad and replaced by studiotakes. This might cause sync-problems.
Maybe there are clips where The Hollies prefer not to be reminded of. Maybe because some member had a bad hairday Wink

There could be lots of reasons, why The Hollies would want to see the DVD first before release. I think that a Hollies-ONLY DVD should represent the Hollies the way they are. High Quality is one of them.

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:51 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
What we need is to get all these clips onto one video/DVD, I used to buy a video just for the one Hollies clip. Then we have the trouble of getting them in Australia, the Hollies ep has not turned up here yet.

PostPosted:Fri Mar 05, 2004 22:51 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

At the end of March 4 new seventies en sixties compilation DVD's will be released. On two of them is a Hollies videoclip:

60's vol. 4: Hollies - He ain't Heavy.. He's My Brother
70's vol. 4: Hollies - The Air That I Breath

Streetprice will probably be around 15 euro / 11 GBP

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Sat Mar 06, 2004 13:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

That's brilliant Very Happy As yet I've never seen a promotional video for 'The Air That I Breathe' I'll need to make certain I get my order in cos they don't always stock these sort of things in Glasgow.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Sat Mar 06, 2004 14:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

That's brilliant Very Happy As yet I've never seen a promotional video for 'The Air That I Breathe' I'll need to make certain I get my order in cos they don't always stock these sort of things in Glasgow.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Sat Mar 06, 2004 14:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Ro-Robert

My son-in-law is called Robert (oops gorn off topic again Laughing )

Back on topic... and I have a bit to say... (as usual I hear someone shout!)

Quote:
At the end of March 4 new seventies en sixties compilation DVD's will be released. On two of them is a Hollies videoclip:

60's vol. 4: Hollies - He ain't Heavy.. He's My Brother
70's vol. 4: Hollies - The Air That I Breath

I'll certainly be looking for those two... are there any others on reliease? Methinks I have... Are they going on general release? MMM, play.com here I come! Wouldn't miss those for the world...

Quote:
are NOT Concidering those who DON'T have a DVD player and NOT everyone can afford one because I've seen the price of DVD players

Susie, although I agree that people who "only" have video recorders are being left out, the price of DVD's, as least in the UK are way down... I got a player in ASDA )are NOT Concidering those who DON'T have a DVD player and NOT everyone can afford one because I've seen the price of DVD players (Walmart) about 9 months ago... okay it's not top of the range but it's a brilliant wee machine... it only cost £49.95 and it's also got a CD re-writer on it.. the make is a Pacific.. and I have to say the quality of playback is excellent.

Before that I was having to play them on the DVD player of the computer.. very uncomfy.. But you DVD players against VCR's the highest percentage of owners is the latter.. Yup it's all about money these days... it's the manufacturers of the media that are to blame cos they all think about lining their pockets and don't care about anything else...

I think sometimes they forget... and this is about CD's that someone driving a car can't watch a DVD and that most cars nowadays are fitted with CD Players (new ones anyway) so they need to look at their production costs again and start thinking of the majority NOT the minority a bit more....

I'd better get off me soap box now but that's my view and I's stickin' to it... Laughing Cool Laughing

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Sun Mar 07, 2004 14:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic