graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » New Hollies DVD
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

At the moment there seems to be a large number of Hollies DVD's on sale on eBay. They all look home made jobs, some seem to go for large sums of money. It's good to see some clips are now on Authentic DVD's, but with that sadly there is one or two clips if your really lucky on such DVD's. There was talk of a DVD with this new line up, is that still a chance?

PostPosted:Sat Oct 29, 2005 23:43 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Just heard a serieus rumour that this month an official DVD will be released with 30 video clips Very Happy .
As soon as I receive more details I will post them.

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Sat Nov 12, 2005 13:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes, I've heard the same rumor. It is supposed to be out next month.
PostPosted:Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:20 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

As far as I know, there has been no offical work done on a DVD so it would appear to be another bootleg. I will try to find out more this week.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sun Nov 13, 2005 20:52 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

hollies wrote:
As far as I know, there has been no offical work done on a DVD so it would appear to be another bootleg. I will try to find out more this week.

Hey, at this point, I'll take that boot and be happy to get it.
PostPosted:Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:40 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

This is the thing - if the band don't release official merchandise such as a historical DVD, then fans will go for the bootlegs. Missed opportunities.

PostPosted:Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:02 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Apparantly the DVD is made by BR Music in Holland and EMI Holland did have plans for release. Unfortunately EMI International disagreed on the Dutch release as they felt that the release of the DVD did not go together with the release of a new CD.

EMI Holland will have a meeting on this issue next week. For the moment they would like to have a double release in March: A New CD and Platina Collection (2-CD/DVD).

I'm afraid we will have to wait a little longer Sad

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Tue Nov 15, 2005 21:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

That sounds even better. It's about time there is a good compilation of clips on DVD. The 4-song DVD that's been out is inadequate to say the least.
PostPosted:Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:19 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Update to my earlier post.

I believe EMI International may have put the brakes on the planned release by BR or whoever was about to do the DVD because 'they' want to produce it to ensure the quality is good and the timing is right in relation to the new album release.

Watch this space.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Nov 26, 2005 0:09 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

OK... I can understand when they forbid it because they want to make sure that the quality is good. But then they have to release it themselves and not only cansel the other one!!!
PostPosted:Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:19 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Does this mean we will get the 13 video clips version instead of 30?
And only the standard promos of their top hits? Can I forget about Gasoline Alley Bred or Very Last Day?

Obviously this has nothing to do with quality, but only with appproval. BR Music is a quality label who has released and made the best compilations of sixties and seventies music DVD's worldwide.

The question is which version of a song will appear on the DVD. Will we get the black and white promo version of Carrie Anne or the amazing live version in beautiful colors of a TV performance? EMI probably prefers the studio version, while BR Music would prefer live footage.

For example BR Music has released terrific DVD's of The Tremeloes and Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky Mick and Tich. And if it's hard to choose between versions of a song BR Music simply puts the other verion(s) as an extra on the DVD. In the case of Dave Dee and Co you will find 5 different videos of Hold Tight! The compilation has 44 clips in total. Wouldn't it be a dream to have such a DVD with Hollies clips?

BR Music has an incredible library of clips. They do know what quality is and what is interesting or not. It's their passion. Please do not accuse them of releasing poor quality DVD's.

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:28 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Ro-Robert wrote:
Does this mean we will get the 13 video clips version instead of 30?
And only the standard promos of their top hits? Can I forget about Gasoline Alley Bred or Very Last Day?

Obviously this has nothing to do with quality, but only with appproval. BR Music is a quality label who has released and made the best compilations of sixties and seventies music DVD's worldwide.

The question is which version of a song will appear on the DVD. Will we get the black and white promo version of Carrie Anne or the amazing live version in beautiful colors of a TV performance? EMI probably prefers the studio version, while BR Music would prefer live footage.

For example BR Music has released terrific DVD's of The Tremeloes and Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky Mick and Tich. And if it's hard to choose between versions of a song BR Music simply puts the other verion(s) as an extra on the DVD. In the case of Dave Dee and Co you will find 5 different videos of Hold Tight! The compilation has 44 clips in total. Wouldn't it be a dream to have such a DVD with Hollies clips?

BR Music has an incredible library of clips. They do know what quality is and what is interesting or not. It's their passion. Please do not accuse them of releasing poor quality DVD's.

Ro-Robert

Good point. There's some great footage of less obvious songs in existence ('Baby That's All', 'Too Much Monkey Business', 'I've Got A Way Of My Own', 'Wings', etc). It would be such a shame to omit these neglected gems.

Peter

PostPosted:Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:38 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

A lot of these clips are fun to see but I'd much rather get some live stuff like Beat Club '66, Beat Beat Beat, those TV concerts like ABC In Concert, Germany, Canada etc. etc.

Micheal
PostPosted:Sat Nov 26, 2005 13:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

MichealC wrote:
A lot of these clips are fun to see but I'd much rather get some live stuff like Beat Club '66, Beat Beat Beat, those TV concerts like ABC In Concert, Germany, Canada etc. etc.

Micheal

I'd rather have a mixture of both! In an ideal world we'd get several volumes in chronological order...

PostPosted:Sat Nov 26, 2005 13:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

In an ideal world...

Micheal
PostPosted:Sat Nov 26, 2005 14:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic