The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » New Hollies DVD
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Ro-Robert

My son-in-law is called Robert (oops gorn off topic again Laughing )

Back on topic... and I have a bit to say... (as usual I hear someone shout!)

Quote:
At the end of March 4 new seventies en sixties compilation DVD's will be released. On two of them is a Hollies videoclip:

60's vol. 4: Hollies - He ain't Heavy.. He's My Brother
70's vol. 4: Hollies - The Air That I Breath

I'll certainly be looking for those two... are there any others on reliease? Methinks I have... Are they going on general release? MMM, play.com here I come! Wouldn't miss those for the world...

Quote:
are NOT Concidering those who DON'T have a DVD player and NOT everyone can afford one because I've seen the price of DVD players

Susie, although I agree that people who "only" have video recorders are being left out, the price of DVD's, as least in the UK are way down... I got a player in ASDA )are NOT Concidering those who DON'T have a DVD player and NOT everyone can afford one because I've seen the price of DVD players (Walmart) about 9 months ago... okay it's not top of the range but it's a brilliant wee machine... it only cost £49.95 and it's also got a CD re-writer on it.. the make is a Pacific.. and I have to say the quality of playback is excellent.

Before that I was having to play them on the DVD player of the computer.. very uncomfy.. But you DVD players against VCR's the highest percentage of owners is the latter.. Yup it's all about money these days... it's the manufacturers of the media that are to blame cos they all think about lining their pockets and don't care about anything else...

I think sometimes they forget... and this is about CD's that someone driving a car can't watch a DVD and that most cars nowadays are fitted with CD Players (new ones anyway) so they need to look at their production costs again and start thinking of the majority NOT the minority a bit more....

I'd better get off me soap box now but that's my view and I's stickin' to it... Laughing Cool Laughing

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Sun Mar 07, 2004 14:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Ro-Robert

My son-in-law is called Robert (oops gorn off topic again Laughing )

Back on topic... and I have a bit to say... (as usual I hear someone shout!)

Quote:
At the end of March 4 new seventies en sixties compilation DVD's will be released. On two of them is a Hollies videoclip:

60's vol. 4: Hollies - He ain't Heavy.. He's My Brother
70's vol. 4: Hollies - The Air That I Breath

I'll certainly be looking for those two... are there any others on reliease? Methinks I have... Are they going on general release? MMM, play.com here I come! Wouldn't miss those for the world...

Quote:
are NOT Concidering those who DON'T have a DVD player and NOT everyone can afford one because I've seen the price of DVD players

Susie, although I agree that people who "only" have video recorders are being left out, the price of DVD's, as least in the UK are way down... I got a player in ASDA )are NOT Concidering those who DON'T have a DVD player and NOT everyone can afford one because I've seen the price of DVD players (Walmart) about 9 months ago... okay it's not top of the range but it's a brilliant wee machine... it only cost £49.95 and it's also got a CD re-writer on it.. the make is a Pacific.. and I have to say the quality of playback is excellent.

Before that I was having to play them on the DVD player of the computer.. very uncomfy.. But you DVD players against VCR's the highest percentage of owners is the latter.. Yup it's all about money these days... it's the manufacturers of the media that are to blame cos they all think about lining their pockets and don't care about anything else...

I think sometimes they forget... and this is about CD's that someone driving a car can't watch a DVD and that most cars nowadays are fitted with CD Players (new ones anyway) so they need to look at their production costs again and start thinking of the majority NOT the minority a bit more....

I'd better get off me soap box now but that's my view and I's stickin' to it... Laughing Cool Laughing

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Sun Mar 07, 2004 14:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject: Hollies DVD
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I've just bought some DVD's containing clips of 60's and 70's artists directly from a Dutch company called 'BR Music' and I asked them about producing a Hollies DVD. This is their reply including their website address:

[b][color=red]we already made a Hollies dvd for EMI UK, the band is currently looking at it to give their consent. We will let you know through our website.

BR MUSIC
Bert van Breda

Tel. 0031 33 2454410
Fax 0031 33 2460431

info@brmusictwo.com[/color][/b]
[color=red][b]www.brmusictwo.com[/b][/color]

Check out their 'Remember' series of DVD's. They cost 20 Euros each which includes delivery to the UK.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 14, 2004 14:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ro-Robert Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I just received Remember The 70's vol. 4 and Remember The 60's vol. 4 on DVD. Both have a Hollies song on it.

The 70's compilation has a real LIVE song in a studio of The Air That I Breath. Apparantly it was recorded at Russel Harty (what is this?) on 02-03-1974.

On the 60's compilation you can enjoy "He Ain't Heavy...". Also LIVE at Pop Goes The 60's (German TV-Show) on 31-12-1969.

I can't wait for more releases. Smile

Ro-Robert
PostPosted:Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:22 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Russel Harty was a TV chat show host, now deceased, and The Hollies appeared on his show.

They had nothing to do with his death, however. Smile

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Thu Mar 25, 2004 16:12 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

So BR music have a potential hollies full length DVD Exclamation Brilliant Very Happy Ah but wait Sad They are waiting for the band's approvel Rolling Eyes I can just hear Tony "Naaah I don't think we'll release it......cos you've got to remember.....somebody might buy it and then we'll have to pay more tax"
GordonJ
PostPosted:Thu Mar 25, 2004 22:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Right Gordon, either that or people will buy it and then they will have to tour Australia and the US to help promote it. Now wouldn't that be terrible? Very Happy
PostPosted:Thu Mar 25, 2004 23:52 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

A full length DVD would be the way to go, I have not seen the best of the 70's DVD's here. We still don't have the EP DVD of the Hollies 4 songs in Australia, believe it or not we can get all the other DVD ep's. Rob can you ask the lads to bring a few over next year? Gordon I'm sure your wrong about Tony, he would be so happy for us to have something special like a concert DVD.

PostPosted:Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:10 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Anthony, I sincerely hope you're right. I'd be deligted with such a thing. I know good quality videos exist. I think it was in 96 at Edinburgh, perfectly good quality videos were being shown in the foyer before the show. Anyone that's been to a convention will have seen the same videos so there's no excuse......an that's trooo Exclamation
GordonJ
PostPosted:Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:05 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

In addition to the standard fare video clips that are available, I'd love to see rare footage of the band. I'm sure the camera was rolling in the early days when the lads were in the studio. In addition some brief full-band interview spots would be nice to see. And of course for that special touch it would be exciting to see footage of former members(Graham, Terry, Bernie, Eric, and Michael) reflecting on the band's history and their personal involvement during their time as a Hollie. Lastly, cameo appearances by other artists(Paul McCartney, Phil Collins, Jeff Lynne, etc.) commenting on Hollies music would nicely round out the DVD.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:43 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Why do people pick on Tony and blame him for the band not recording new material and not releasing a new DVD or Video Question Evil or Very Mad

I am refering to Gordon's comment on Thursday 25 March

Quote:
I can hear Tony now "naaah I don't think we'll release it.....cos you've got to remember .....somebody might buy it and then we'll have to pay more tax.

Like Anthony Gordon, I think that you are wrong because I think that Tony would be very proud if a new concert DVD and Video was released. Very Happy

I am tired of reading the messages where people blame Tony for the lack of new material. Some people seem to think that Tony runs the group and makes all of the decisions on what they do and don't do but he doesn't. Twisted Evil

If anyone makes decisions on what the boys do and don't do it would be their manager Jimmy Smith NOT Tony as he is just one of six much loved and highly talented musicians who loves his job and making people happy by touring and doing live concerts. Smile

All The Best

Susie
PostPosted:Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:27 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Ah've upset Susie........again Crying or Very sad But the fact of the matter is, the hollies LTD consists of Tony Hicks and Bobby Elliott. I therefore think that they'll have a lot of the decision making to do. The real reason I mentioned Tony was because it's normally him who give interviews to the press TV etc. And besides I could just imagine his voice making such a comment.
A ra best
GordyJ
PS Tony again. Naah if we released a DVD people would buy it and then they'd expect to hear things like Dear Eloise at concerts........and that would mean we'd have to rehearse.
PostPosted:Mon Mar 29, 2004 16:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Gordon Exclamation

You didn't upset me, it just makes me mad Evil or Very Mad when I read about people blaming Tony when the band don't do what some fans want. Twisted Evil

Also Gordon, I truly apologise if I offended you, that wasn't my intention. Embarassed

All The Best

Susie

Cool Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:21 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Susie. There was no apollogy needed. You know what my sense of humour's like. I think the whole things kind of funny. Unfortunately not everyone thinks it's funny. Ah've just had a shirrican from the ref. What I don't understand is how a football fan dosen't know the differance between a red and yellow card. I've never mentioned red cards only yellow ones.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:35 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Gordon Exclamation

Thank you for your kind words, and you are right the whole thing is quite funny when you think about it. And like you, I have a sense of humor and like a good laugh. As the saying goes, laughter is the best medicine. Laughing

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Razz
PostPosted:Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:34 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Page 2 of 10