graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Concert alert - set your video recorders!
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes, KP, thank you so muich for doing this!
PostPosted:Thu Jul 26, 2007 16:11 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I recorded it on DVD, then my machine encountered a 'write error' during Mighty Quinn so it and Blowin' In The Wind are rubbished. Unbelieveable. Evil or Very Mad

The quality of the concert was superb considering it was 1969. Shame the BBC wiped the colour version.

PostPosted:Thu Jul 26, 2007 19:20 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Tony Wilkinson Post subject:

The Hollies are only on tv once every 20 years or so, I too had a 'no satellite signal' halfway through 'Quit your lowdown ways' but when I checked with the sky+ recording I look to have got away with it, when I get time I will put on to dvd.
But yes, absolutley bloody fabulous for a nigh on 40 year old recording, loved every second of it.
PostPosted:Thu Jul 26, 2007 19:30 pm
graphic
Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

BBC FOUR have repeated The Eagles, Donovan, Cat Stevens, Crosby & Nash, Neil Diamond etc, vintage concerts a number of times etc....so as they have now bothered to "Exhume" this vintage show from their archive...and duly clean it up (wasn't the picture quality great for a 1969 Telerecording ?)....and show a "dreaded" Black & White programme (!)....
PostPosted:Thu Jul 26, 2007 21:47 pm

Last edited by Gee on Mon Jan 04, 2010 19:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
KP Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Well here goes. I've got the show onto DVD and made a copy, so I can cope with the technology! In fact as a bonus, the DVD has a few other things on that I have recorded over the years, some copied from video tape so the quality is variable, but I'm sure people will enjoy it as most is from British TV. Anyway, as someone else said, the quality of the BBC4 show is really good considering it is nearly 40 years old!

If you want me to send you a copy, I think it would be best for people to PM me. I'm away for the next week, and then will need to get some DVD mailers, so it may be a couple of weeks before I can send them out. Spartyscott has suggested that the best way to pay would be through paypal. My daughter has an account, so i will get her details for payment. I have quickly checked costs online and I think it should be around £3.00 to cover the costs to the US, but will confirm this by PM when people have sent in orders.

Keith
PostPosted:Fri Jul 27, 2007 13:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks KP ... what format is the DVD in?
PostPosted:Fri Jul 27, 2007 15:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
KP Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
Thanks KP ... what format is the DVD in?

That's a good question. I think because its burned at home, it will be multi-region, but I'm not sure how to check this. Any experts out there know how to tell?

PostPosted:Fri Jul 27, 2007 16:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks KP,
Paying by paypal is brilliant, I'm more than happy to pay what ever the cost is, you are really helping us Hollies fans. when you are ready just let me/us know what you would like us to do,
Yhanks a million,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sat Jul 28, 2007 0:57 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

sorry that was Thanks a million,

PostPosted:Sat Jul 28, 2007 0:57 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
That's a good question. I think because its burned at home, it will be multi-region, but I'm not sure how to check this. Any experts out there know how to tell?

Everyone, check the what kind of DVD players you've got and what kind of DVDs they play. There are different types.
PostPosted:Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:39 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi KP,

I'm really interested in the DVD. Once I bought a Hollies DVD from England. My DVD player plays it. So there should be no problem of playing it. My DVD player plays Region 2 DVDs. I think British DVD players play DVDs with the same region code. It also plays burned DVDs. Seems to be no problem!
But how can I contact you ? What does PM mean ? I can pay via Paypal. And I live in Dortmund, Germany. So how can we proceed ?
PostPosted:Sat Jul 28, 2007 14:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Benny, PM means private message. KP says to send him a private message through this board. Go to thew green strip at the top of this page where it says the number of new prviate messages you have, and click on it. From there, you can follow the appropriate links for writing and sending a private message.
PostPosted:Sat Jul 28, 2007 15:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

DVD Regions....

I Understand that:

Region "0" - Means Universal ALL Regions (should play anywhere...I got a "0" DVD by The Moody Blues from the USA ...and it plays fine !)

Region "1" - Means USA Region Only - UK and European DVD players May NOT play these So I understand.

Region "2" - Means UK Region... and Europe ( I Think !) - These DVDs MAY NOT not play on (possibly some) USA machines....

It may depend on what type of DVD player you have of course...
but I understand that is the "General" rule....

You would think they would ALL be Region "0"...Universal wouldn't you....?
PostPosted:Sat Jul 28, 2007 18:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Someone posted two clips from this concert on YouTube - the one with the medley of "Just One Look," "Bus Stop," "On a Carousel," and "I'm Sorry Suzanne;" and one of them singing "Stop! Stop! Stop!" I would provide the links, but I thought that might spoil things for those of you who want to get the recorded DVD of the concert. Let me know and I'll post the URLs for them.
PostPosted:Tue Jul 31, 2007 17:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I have another question concerning sending a PM to KP for the DVD. I have my message in the "Outbox". Has KP recieved the message then or does it have to be in the "Sentbox" ?
PostPosted:Wed Aug 01, 2007 15:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next