graphic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Rickfors on tour in Sweden summer 2007
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Rickfors on tour in Sweden summer 2007
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks to Agneta, I have been informed that Rickfors will be playing at festivals in Sweden this summer. I will be going to Orust for the Taube festival, where I expect an acoustic show.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue May 15, 2007 20:50 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Sounds great, Knut; I am envious! Hope you'll let us know how the concert goes.

PostPosted:Thu May 17, 2007 18:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I'll certainly do that. I guess he will be playing some of his biggest songs over the years, and a few from the new upcoming album.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue May 29, 2007 18:28 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Keep us posted, Knut Very Happy

PostPosted:Tue May 29, 2007 18:35 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi folks!
Just came home from a rainy concert day in Sweden, almost like the other mud festivals all over Northern Europe this summer (not the band Mud). The show was called Taubespelen, and Rickfors appeared with a small symphony orchestra. He was also joined partly by a young female singer with a good voice, Sara Löfgren. One of the songs video recorded with my mobile camera can be seen and heard on my MySpace site. Link is on my Mikael Rickfors page:
http://home.online.no/~kskyberg/mikaelrickfors.cfm

That evening he sang only Evert Taube songs, which are songs written and performed by a great Swedish folk singer who lived 1890-1976. Mikael's choice of songs was well done.
Today I ought to attend an ordinary concert by Rickfors, but I could not manage more travelling just after returning home (would require at least 5 more hours on the road). Hopefully, we might get a review from the upcoming Friday show in Trollhättan by Agneta, a great Hollies fan and Forum member that I met at the Taube festival. Isn't it nice to meet other people from the Forum in person?

PostPosted:Mon Jul 16, 2007 20:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Knut, just played your video from the Taube festival. Thanks, great job! I'm not familiar at all with Taube, but I thought Mikael's voice sounded wonderful. I'm looking forward to his new CD.

PostPosted:Wed Jul 18, 2007 19:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Interesting clip - thanks for putting it up! I'm also looking forward to a review of a usual Mikael Rickfors concert. I wonder if he plays a Hollies-song.
PostPosted:Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

And I was wondering how much of a Rickfors concert performance is of songs performed in English.
PostPosted:Thu Jul 19, 2007 13:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject: Rickfors on tour in Sweden summer 2007
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Knut wrote:
Hopefully, we might get a review from the upcoming Friday show in Trollhättan by Agneta, a great Hollies fan and Forum member that I met at the Taube festival. Isn't it nice to meet other people from the Forum in person?

It certainly is, Knut! And it's very flattering to be called " a great Hollies fan" by one of the greatest! Thank you.
And yes, I am going to the Rickfors concert tomorrow, and I promise to write about it here, or under Write on, afterwards.

PostPosted:Thu Jul 19, 2007 15:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I'm arriving in Stockholm on the 9th for a few days, but I am arrivng so late I will miss his perfomance in the city that day. Pity!

Michael
PostPosted:Sat Jul 21, 2007 15:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Since Rickfors has an upcoming new album and seems in excellent form (considering he is being treated for hemochromatosis - too much iron in the body treated by removing red blood cells) one can expect that there will be more upcoming shows. According to Agneta, he really enjoyed playing at his solo show. From what I heard at the Taube festival, his voice is as strong as ever.

PostPosted:Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:24 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Once again we are indebted to Agneta, who recorded Rickfors live in Betty Backs park, Trollhättan 20. July 2007, singing - hold your breath: Bus stop. I immediately put it on my MySpace site, when I got the DVD from Agneta, and you can watch it there:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=16285488

Personally I am going to Slussen, Orust, outside Uddevalla to see Rickfors on 29. September, I do hope I will hear him sing Bus stop live again. This time it's an indoor event, I believe.

PostPosted:Tue Aug 21, 2007 19:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks very much for sharing this, Knut. I wonder if he'll unearth some other Hollies gems for inclusion in future concerts. I only wish he'd travel over here to the UK.

PostPosted:Tue Aug 21, 2007 20:28 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Knut wrote:
Once again we are indebted to Agneta, who recorded Rickfors live in Betty Backs park, Trollhättan 20. July 2007, singing - hold your breath: Bus stop. I immediately put it on my MySpace site, when I got the DVD from Agneta, and you can watch it there:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=16285488

Personally I am going to Slussen, Orust, outside Uddevalla to see Rickfors on 29. September, I do hope I will hear him sing Bus stop live again. This time it's an indoor event, I believe.

Rickfors sang lead on "Bus Stop" when on tour with The Hollies in 1972 in the US. The band did a rocked-up version of it. Just great.
PostPosted:Tue Aug 21, 2007 21:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
tas Post subject:

Dennis I have to wonder whether we saw the same band, i caught the Rickfors version of the band in Chicago in 1972 and they were. at best, disjointed, the Swede cowered from the spotlight, there was no focal point to the band and quite frankly, the Rasberries, the opening act, was much more entertaining, two years earlier, in 1970 i saw the Clarke-Hicks- Sylvester version in their matching suits in Chicago and they were oustanding, as they were at Chicago fest in 1983 and at all the venues I..'ve seen them in England since then. While i give Hicks and Sylvester much credit for matching their harmonies to Rickfors voice i don't think that that incarnation of the band holds a candle to the others.
PostPosted:Thu Aug 23, 2007 18:42 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2