graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » details please
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hobby Post subject: details please

Can anyone tell me where to find out more details of the boys in the band please.
i.e. families, hobbies, pets, music preferences,
PostPosted:Mon Apr 30, 2007 17:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

That's a good question, Hobby. It's information I would like to know, too. I wonder where the boys all went to school, what music they listened to as children, and their favorite colors, pastimes, and foods. Maybe I'll find some fan magazine somewhere with all that information that I can post in My Back Pages. Very Happy
PostPosted:Thu May 03, 2007 17:47 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Hobby and Vrinda!

I've got information like that in my Souvenir Song Album from 1967, but of course they are old facts, and only about Tony, Bobby, Allan, Graham and Bernie.

For example they all had black as their favourite colour, except Bernie who liked blue.

Tony was born in Nelson, and was educated at Ss. John Fisher, Thomas Moore and Colne Secondary Modern.
Bobby was born in Burnley, and educated at Nelson Grammar School.

Bobby's favourite food was steak, and Tony's was rare steak and hot dogs.

Tony's hobbies were driving and watching T.V. , Bobby's were bowling and listening to good modern jazz.

And listen to this: Bobby's professional ambition was to become Europes best drummer, and his personal ambition was to retire at 45!! Glad he didn't!

All these facts according to The Hollies Souvenir Song Album from 1967

Agneta

PostPosted:Sun May 06, 2007 19:52 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi again!

I forgot about The Hollies 2005/2006 Tourbook, for sale on the Merchendise page.

It includes at least a page on each one of the current members, with facts about their musical influences and history. And nice photos as well. Very Happy

But of course, on the HOMEPAGE you can just look under Information store, at Band Profile. There you will also find facts about current and past members!!

Agneta
PostPosted:Mon May 07, 2007 19:16 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks, Agneta!

Rare steaks? Not for me! Yes, it's a good thing Bobby didn't retire at 45! Maybe he was having too much fun to quit!
PostPosted:Mon May 07, 2007 23:00 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hobby,

I posted an article in My Back Pages about Allan and how he joined the Hollies. In it, he says he went to Ordsall Primary School and Ordsall Secondary Modern, and he apprenticed as an engineer for a while after leaving school but was told to leave the job because he was goofing off too much. He then he worked as a jacquard cutter in a silk mill; then briefly as a furniture salesman; and then for his brother's silk screen printing business. He was also into fast-draw technique and and would practice firing his pistol in dressing rooms before and after shows!

Hope this is helpful.

Vrinda
PostPosted:Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:29 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

This is a picture I found of Ordsall Secondary Modern. It's the bulding all the way on the right. It's on Trafford Road in Salford.

PostPosted:Mon Aug 06, 2007 15:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1