graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » 16 Magazine - October 1965
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject: 16 Magazine - October 1965
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's a column written by Jill Stuart, wife of Chad Stuart of Chad and Jeremy called "Letter From London." It was a beauty and advice coulmn featured in 16 magazine, a popular periodical for teenagers in the United States. It's still being published, though now you will find pictures of the overrated and undertalented pop acts of today polluting its pages!

Jill also talks about modeling schools and where she buys her clothes in London and New York. Sorry to our British readers, but Ohrbach's doesn't exist anymore!

This coulmn doesn't say much about the Hollies in general, except that Jill hung out with them in London and talks about their number 1 hit at the time, "I'm Alive." Plus, there's a cute photo of them at the bottom!

The scan may come out a little hard to read, but you should be able to if you look at it closely.

PostPosted:Tue Apr 10, 2007 17:38 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here are larger scans of the text and photo.

PostPosted:Thu Apr 12, 2007 15:54 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda ,sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this article Embarassed The picture is one of the best pre 1966 pics I have seen of the boys.They look so happy and friendly.Imagine spending a day with the boys and ending up in the recording studio(I'd be pretty good as a backing singer,honest Laughing I can hit all the high Nash bits)Anyway thanks again,Allan as usual looks amazing Wink.

PostPosted:Fri Sep 14, 2007 13:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anytime, Paula! That is also one of my favorite photos of them with the origial lineup. Allan is gorgeous, as always, and I love the smiles on all their faces. Very Happy Even Eric looks adorable here. I never saw him smiling that much before. I wish I could have hung out with the boys in the recording studio. If Bobby needed help with the percussions - like the maracas, tamborine, or bongos - I could bang away at those! I could also sing harmony with Allan and Graham ... WOW!
PostPosted:Fri Sep 14, 2007 17:57 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Sun Sep 16, 2007 21:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Antyime, Paula! That is also one of my favorite photos of them with the origial lineup. Allan is gorgeous, as always, and I love the smiles on all their faces. Very Happy Even Eric looks adorable here. I never saw him smiling that much before. I wish I could have hung out with the boys in the recording studio. If Bobby needed help with the percussions - like the maracas, tamborine, or bongos - I could bang away at those! I could also sing harmony with Allan and Graham ... WOW!
I do agree with you it is a really lovely pic of Eric,very natural.If we were in the recording studio the producer would have to cut out a lot of heavy breathing and sighing Wink .

PostPosted:Fri Sep 14, 2007 21:00 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

That is, if he allowed us to stay there after all that! Wink I don't think I would be able to keep from staring in awe at Allan all the time!
PostPosted:Fri Sep 14, 2007 23:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
That is, if he allowed us to stay there after all that! Wink I don't think I would be able to keep from staring in awe at Allan all the time!
Our eyes would be as large as plates Shocked .

PostPosted:Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:48 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I can only imagine how Allan would have felt! Wink
PostPosted:Tue Sep 18, 2007 19:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
I can only imagine how Allan would have felt! Wink
I think he would very nicely smile at us ,shake our hands,turn around and RUN Laughing.

PostPosted:Tue Sep 18, 2007 21:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I wouldn't blame him. I'd like to see how fast he goes. He'd probably run through the wall! Laughing
PostPosted:Tue Sep 18, 2007 21:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Since the female contingent here is drooling of the way the lads look in this and other threads (I'll never think of a guy in swimming trunks quite the same way again), it's worth noting that the lovely Ms. Stuart is likely more attractive to men than any of the Hollies were to gals.
PostPosted:Wed Sep 19, 2007 0:35 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It's a great way to spice things up!

As my psychology professor once told us, "You can't really compare a girl to a guy in appearance." Very Happy

While Ms. Stuart is indeed a lovely young lady, her fanbase is, at this moment, outnumbered by the number of gals here who find the Hollies attractive. Wink

On top of that, given the amount of attention both Jill and the Hollies got was not as much as some of their counterparts at the time, they most likely did not get as many guys and gals fawning over them as they should have, respectively.

I agree with you about the swimming trunks, though Sparty: I'll never think of a guy in swimming trunks the same way again, either! I'll keep having visions of Tony in pinstripe blues!
PostPosted:Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:08 am

Last edited by Vrinda on Sun Nov 18, 2007 19:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
Since the female contingent here is drooling of the way the lads look in this and other threads (I'll never think of a guy in swimming trunks quite the same way again), it's worth noting that the lovely Ms. Stuart is likely more attractive to men than any of the Hollies were to gals.
I seriously contest this!You simply can have no idea the effect Allan Clarke and the lads have on certain of us females.Until there is some sort of scientific experiment done and data gathered(I'll be a guinea-pig anytime),I can't really prove my point.You'll just have to believe me Wink Wink .As for those trunks,I go swimming twice a week and have yet to see anything like those,which is just as well as my husband wouldn't allow me into the pool Laughing Laughing .

PostPosted:Wed Sep 19, 2007 13:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
I seriously contest this!You simply can have no idea the effect Allan Clarke and the lads have on certain of us females.Until there is some sort of scientific experiment done and data gathered(I'll be a guinea-pig anytime),I can't really prove my point.You'll just have to believe me Wink Wink .As for those trunks,I go swimming twice a week and have yet to see anything like those,which is just as well as my husband wouldn't allow me into the pool Laughing Laughing .

LOL, Paula! That's hilarious! I have yet to see a guy who looks that good in skimpy trunks like that, and I've seen a few! I think, somewhere in the archives of Fabulous magazine, there are photos of Allan in swimming trunks, too. I don't know if they'll turn up in any issues on eBay, but when they do, and I'm able to buy them, I'll definitely post them here! Wink
PostPosted:Wed Sep 19, 2007 14:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

LOL, Paula! That's hilarious! I have yet to see a guy who looks that good in skimpy trunks like that, and I've seen a few! I think, somewhere in the archives of Fabulous magazine, there are photos of Allan in swimming trunks, too. I don't know if they'll turn up in any issues on eBay, but when they do, and I'm able to buy them, I'll definitely post them here! Wink
Oh my God, Allan in swimming trunks Shocked Shocked ,I've just fallen off my chairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

PostPosted:Wed Sep 19, 2007 20:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next