graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I seriously contest this!You simply can have no idea the effect Allan Clarke and the lads have on certain of us females.Until there is some sort of scientific experiment done and data gathered(I'll be a guinea-pig anytime),I can't really prove my point.You'll just have to believe me Wink Wink .As for those trunks,I go swimming twice a week and have yet to see anything like those,which is just as well as my husband wouldn't allow me into the pool Very Happy Very Happy .
LOL, Paula! That's hilarious! I have yet to see a guy who looks that good in skimpy trunks like that, and I've seen a few! I think, somewhere in the archives of Fabulous magazine, there are photos of Allan in swimming trunks, too. I don't know if they'll turn up in any issues on eBay, but when they do, and I'm able to buy them, I'll definitely post them here! Wink
Oh my God, Allan in swimming trunks Shocked ,I've just fallen off my chairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Maybe I shouldn't have said that! I forgot, the mere mention of any of these guys in skimpy clothes can cause serious injury to anyone of the female persuasion. Wink
PostPosted:Wed Sep 19, 2007 22:45 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I seriously contest this!You simply can have no idea the effect Allan Clarke and the lads have on certain of us females.Until there is some sort of scientific experiment done and data gathered(I'll be a guinea-pig anytime),I can't really prove my point.You'll just have to believe me Wink Wink .As for those trunks,I go swimming twice a week and have yet to see anything like those,which is just as well as my husband wouldn't allow me into the pool Very Happy Very Happy .
LOL, Paula! That's hilarious! I have yet to see a guy who looks that good in skimpy trunks like that, and I've seen a few! I think, somewhere in the archives of Fabulous magazine, there are photos of Allan in swimming trunks, too. I don't know if they'll turn up in any issues on eBay, but when they do, and I'm able to buy them, I'll definitely post them here! Wink
Oh my God, Allan in swimming trunks Shocked ,I've just fallen off my chairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Maybe I shouldn't have said that! I forgot, the mere mention of any of these guys in skimpy clothes can cause serious injury to anyone of the female persuasion. Wink
I must say it did come as a bit of a shock,but I'm taking plenty of rest now and hot sugary drinks Laughing .

PostPosted:Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Speaking of which, I need a hot, sugary drink about now! Very Happy

It was startling to me to find out these existed but, it turns out, our Allan was a bit of swimsuit model in his younger days, just like Tony!
PostPosted:Thu Sep 20, 2007 17:09 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Wow I'm glad to see there are a lot of posts about how handsome clarkey looked back in the 60s that smile does me everytime Wink I really dont understand why he stopped smiling so much in the 70s and 80s
PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2007 19:10 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

katdowl wrote:
I really dont understand why he stopped smiling so much in the 70s and 80s

That bleedin' perm he had would be enough to remove the smile from his dial! Laughing

PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2007 19:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

James Towill wrote:
katdowl wrote:
I really dont understand why he stopped smiling so much in the 70s and 80s

That bleedin' perm he had would be enough to remove the smile from his dial! Laughing

haha yeah thats true and the earring with it Razz
PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2007 20:16 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Quote:
Wow I'm glad to see there are a lot of posts about how handsome clarkey looked back in the 60s that smile does me everytime Wink I really dont understand why he stopped smiling so much in the 70s and 80s

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was turned off by the perm and the earring! Maybe he wasn't smiling because he was still mad at Graham, and because the guys weren't too supportive of his solo work, either. Wink

I was always attracted to Allan because he reminded me of George Harrison - the high cheekbones and sunken cheeks. Allan's got a unique charm to him. I can't quite describe it, but it captures my eye every time I see him. I'm happy to see that Paula, Susan, and I aren't the only ones taken in. Allan's smile is priceless and heavenly. You've got great taste, katdowl! Very Happy
PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2007 21:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I like George Harrison too he is my favourite Beatle Smile He did remind me of Allan aswell especially between 64-66 when he looked his best
PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2007 21:18 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

katdowl wrote:
Katdowl you are most welcome among us Clarkies.Yes that smile!Vrinda and I have had plenty of chats about that Wink Wink .We reckon if it could be bottled it could cure all world misery!Yes' I've discovered there is quite a debate going on about the loss of smile in the 70s and onwards.Whatever the real reason is that smile was sadly missed Crying or Very sad .My fav Beatle is John Lennon.I always saw Graham as the" George " of the Hollies.

PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2007 21:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Yeah it certainly was. I thought Graham was a John lennon just cos he was the diplomat of the group more than anything. I ve noticed that somebody has put some of the songs of the Finnish concert on you tube and clarkey speaks again Very Happy
PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2007 21:51 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
I like George Harrison too he is my favourite Beatle He did remind me of Allan aswell especially between 64-66 when he looked his best

George is my favorite Beatle, too! I also think they most resembled each other in 1964-1966. They could have been mistaken for brothers or cousins!
PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2007 23:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was turned off by the perm and the earring!

Just to clarify, I wasn't turned on in the first place Shocked Laughing

PostPosted:Sat Sep 22, 2007 20:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Just to clarify, I wasn't turned on in the first place Shocked Laughing

I know! Very Happy
PostPosted:Sat Sep 22, 2007 21:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2