graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Eric Haydock's Guitar on eBay!
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Eric Haydock's Guitar on eBay!
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

# 170096982926, a snip @ £6,950!
Also interesting to note that he says he was bass player 1963-66 AND 1984...whether appearing on Top Of The Pops quite constitutes a role as bass player I would question...

A rare chance to own a peice of Rock and Roll history. For Sale is a fender 6 string baritone guitar from the early 1960s which was owned by the Hollies pop group and used on most of their early hits and LPs. With the guitar is the original case , a letter of authenticity from Eric Haydock the original Hollies base player. It also has full history of where and when it was purchased plus other items. Photographs of the group with the guitar , a video of The Hollies playing the guitar in the 1960s , a book about The Hollies and autographs from the group. Also a rare signed drumstick by Bobby Elliot the original drummer.

The guitar is very good condition everything works and has been looked after. There are indentations on the front of the base this was due to the sixties fans who had a craze for throwing sweets and coins at the band. Eric had the front of the guitar refinished and polished a long time ago but you can still see some of the marks. The back of the guitar has a slight buckle rash and a few dinks . As you can see from the picture it has been signed by Eric himself.

I have known Eric Haydock for many years from when i lived in manchester and watched the group numerous times so i know this guitar very well. After badgering Eric for many years to sell me his guitar he finally agreed to sell it to me in 1994. Now I have retired I have decided to downsize my collection of Rock and Roll memorabilia.

If you want to hear what a fender 6 string bass sounds like listen to jet Harris (Shadows) play besame mucho and man with the golden arm you wont be disappointed.

I have seen ordinary 6 string bass guitars sell on auctions sights for around £6000 . I think with the Hollies connection and history £6950 is a reasonable price and an investment for the future with impeccable provenence.

PostPosted:Sun Apr 01, 2007 21:20 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Wow, if a bass is worth that kind of money, Hicks should consider selling a half-dozen of his guitars that he used on Hollies recordings.

I like that "coffin shaped" guitar that, I think, he used on Look Through Any Window.
PostPosted:Sun Apr 01, 2007 22:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
Wow, if a bass is worth that kind of money, Hicks should consider selling a half-dozen of his guitars that he used on Hollies recordings.

I like that "coffin shaped" guitar that, I think, he used on Look Through Any Window.

Hi Sparty, yeah, if times get tough I dare say he could sell off a few axes! I think that guitar you mention was a Vox.

PostPosted:Sun Apr 01, 2007 22:33 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Still awaiting it's first bid, I see. Will be interesting to see what the new price is, and how much the seller really wants to unload it, after the current bidding period ends on April 9. Wink

PostPosted:Mon Apr 02, 2007 15:57 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It's out of my range plus postage to Australia, I'll have to let this one go.

PostPosted:Mon Apr 02, 2007 22:04 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Maybe he's selling it to pay for the lawyers? Laughing

PostPosted:Wed May 23, 2007 19:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1