graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Shane Fenton
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
marko661 Post subject: Shane Fenton
Banjo

Banjo

http://www.geocities.com/shanefentonuk/shane-fenton-3.htm.

Came across this site yesterday. Quite interesting anyway, but for us Hollies fans some very funny pictures on Bobby Elliot when he really was a baby (it seemed)
PostPosted:Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:58 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

"Sorry, the page you requested was not found."
PostPosted:Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:57 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
marko661 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

SpartyScott wrote:
"Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

Not sure why as that is what it showed when I was on it, however, I have tried it and as you said not found.

I found the site through Whikpedia: a brief outline of the group, then at bottom it has a link to their website, try it and see, and maybe you can find a site to go direct to it
PostPosted:Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:59 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Great photo of a pre-Hollies Bobby. It's always nice to see early photos of the lads. Thanks, Marko, for bringing it to our attention!

PostPosted:Wed Mar 28, 2007 14:16 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Sparty, when you paste the link into your address bar, delete everything after "uk". That brought it up for me. Then keep scrolling through the pictures.

PostPosted:Wed Mar 28, 2007 21:32 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
marko661 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

brandy wrote:
Sparty, when you paste the link into your address bar, delete everything after "uk". That brought it up for me. Then keep scrolling through the pictures.

What a great site: speak to fellow Hollie enthusiasts, and also learn about computers.
PostPosted:Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:32 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's the link with everything after uk deleted: http://www.geocities.com/shanefentonuk
PostPosted:Sun Apr 01, 2007 16:48 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Here's the link with everything after uk deleted: http://www.geocities.com/shanefentonuk

Thankyou for the link Vrinda, I only found one photo that had Bobby in it though. He was quite cute in those days and he still has his good looks these days too.

Susie

PostPosted:Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:38 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes, Susie, Bobby was a real cutie then, even now!

One thing I was wondering, was Shane Fenton from Liverpool, and was he the one who married George Harrison's ex-girlfriend Iris Caldwell, the sister of Rory from Rory Storm and the Hurricanes?
PostPosted:Mon Apr 09, 2007 23:19 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject: Shane Fenton
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Vrinda

Shane Fenton was not from Liverpool. He was born in London but moved to Mansfield in Nottinghamshire (my home town) at a very early age. Apparently, his mother used to run a guest house there and all the stars from the package tours in the early sixties used to stay when they all appeared at the Granada in Mansfield. No doubt that's where Shane got his taste for show business?

PostPosted:Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:28 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I'm thinking what an exciting time it would have been for the young Bobby. The early 60's must have been a magical time for a young musician.
Thanks for the link,
Anthony

PostPosted:Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:50 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi John,

Thanks! I remembered reading about Shane in Bill Harry's book The Beatles Encyclopedia some years back. Maybe I confused him with someone else about being from Liverpool.

Vrinda
PostPosted:Tue Apr 10, 2007 17:34 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Wow, there's a lot of interest in Shane Fenton here. Aside from the Bobby Elliott connection, I'm at a loss to know why. I bought his compilation CD, and played it - once. I don't expect to ever play it again.
PostPosted:Tue Apr 10, 2007 18:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Gotta disagree with you there, Sparty. I've played that compilation quite a few times!

However, what interests me most about Shane Fenton and the Fentones (after initially being disappointed there is no indication that Bob E. played on any of the tracks) is hearing Ron Richards' production style and recognizing certain sounds and techniques that would later show up in early Hollies recordings.

Richards also produced The Paramounts, an early grouping of Gary Brooker, Robin Trower and the other musicians who would eventually become Procul Harum. Despite the later associations between PH and The Hollies (Brooker and Harlequin/The Hollies' live version of Whiter Shade of Pale), The Paramounts were a pretty straight-ahead R&B outfit with Brooker's piano predominant, sounding nothing like The Hollies.

PostPosted:Thu Apr 12, 2007 16:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1