graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » The Baby
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I wonder about The Baby, has anyone else ever recorded that? I'd l;ove to hear Chip Taylor's demo.
PostPosted:Thu Mar 22, 2007 14:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

As you may know you can find Chip Taylorīs versions of I canīt let go and Son of a rotten gambler on the cd Hit man. You can even listen to Chip Taylorīs versions on CD Baby homepage. Itīs a pity that The Baby is not included.

I donīt know if anyone else has recorded the song. The Baby is one of the best Hollies-recordings ever, if you ask me.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:17 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Bonus wrote:
As you may know you can find Chip Taylorīs versions of I canīt let go and Son of a rotten gambler on the cd Hit man. You can even listen to Chip Taylorīs versions on CD Baby homepage. Itīs a pity that The Baby is not included.

I donīt know if anyone else has recorded the song. The Baby is one of the best Hollies-recordings ever, if you ask me.

Absolutely. I envy those who saw the Carl Wayne lineup performing it in concert. I can imagine it being fantastic.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 23, 2007 21:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Bonus and Dennis!

I agree the Baby was fabulous with Carl. But Pete does it extremely well, too!

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sat Mar 24, 2007 14:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Carl made this, plus Soldier's Song, very much his own. Just a shame other material from the Rickfors era was not sung by Carl - Down River would have been perfect, for example. Fantastic memories of the two Wayne concerts in 2003.

Dennis wrote:
Bonus wrote:

Absolutely. I envy those who saw the Carl Wayne lineup performing it in concert. I can imagine it being fantastic.

PostPosted:Sat Mar 24, 2007 21:36 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

James Towill wrote:
Carl made this, plus Soldier's Song, very much his own. Just a shame other material from the Rickfors era was not sung by Carl - Down River would have been perfect, for example. Fantastic memories of the two Wayne concerts in 2003.

Dennis wrote:
Bonus wrote:

Did anyone bother to record one of these shows?
PostPosted:Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:44 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Not that I know of. There's been rumours of several shows being recorded from the '90's onwards but it's just specualtion.

PostPosted:Sun Mar 25, 2007 16:30 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I've been wondering, too, if there are any recordings of Carl Wayne shows since I regrettably never got to see him.

PostPosted:Sun Mar 25, 2007 17:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It's a crying shame. Live material of the band through the years has been so scarce. All the talk about how great the band has been through the decades is mostly for naught when there is precious little concrete proof. It is very unfortunate. How can a diehard Hollies fan prove to sceptics that the band was nearly always a potent force on stage (even when Allan Clarke was not there) when there is almost nothing to prove otherwise?
PostPosted:Sun Mar 25, 2007 18:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Wasn't Milton Keynes videotaped for promotional use by the band?

At least people have been constantly bootlegging the band for the last decade. So, even if nothing is released officially now, at least it is not forever lost to the ephemeral wastes of time, like say, The Hollies live somewhere in '64 is... where the material exists there is hope.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 25, 2007 20:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1