The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin' » Different Drummer in Video Clip
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: Different Drummer in Video Clip
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Everyone Exclamation

I have The Hollies Greatest Hits A's, B's and Ep's DVD, and in the Video clip of the band singing 'Baby Come Back, I only recognised to people Allan and Tony. There are 4 Hollies in the clip and there is a different Drummer instead of Bobby. Anyway he has dark hair and I've never seen him before. There is also a young guy playing the guitar and doing backing vocals who I think might be Mike Batt or Paul Bliss. It is in the early 80's sometime between Terry and Bernie leaving the band and Alan Coates joining.

Has anyone seen the clip and if so can you please tell my who the guy at the drums is and who the guy playing the guitar is as well.

Any information will be much appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

Susie

PostPosted:Sat Feb 24, 2007 23:48 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The guitarist, I think, is the songwriter of that tune.
PostPosted:Sun Feb 25, 2007 0:46 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: My Baby's a Cat...?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

"Baby Come Back" dates from 1989...around the time of "Find Me A Family" here in the UK...it was used in a German Cat Food Commercial (!)....apparently the cat got more "star treatment" than The Hollies !!

Bobby was drummer for the promo film...with an "exploding wall" behind him revealing a cat's face....(wonder what Graham & Terry made of that ?)...
PostPosted:Sun Feb 25, 2007 13:35 pm

Last edited by Gee on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thankyou for all the information Geoff. As I said in my previous post, in the Baby Come Back Vidoe clip on my DVD it is NOT Bobby at the drums. He might have been ill that day they filmed it.

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Mon Feb 26, 2007 0:48 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

There are at least two different (if not 3) TV clips of Baby come back. So the one you have seen without Bobby is not the promo.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Mar 12, 2007 19:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Tony Wilkinson Post subject:

I have 5 different videos of this wretched tune...
If only other tracks had been as well promoted.......
PostPosted:Mon Mar 12, 2007 20:52 pm
graphic
Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Tony Wilkinson wrote:

Agreed. It's as if they were singing to the radio DJs, "Baby Come Back (and play our lousy new record)".
PostPosted:Mon Mar 12, 2007 21:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Tony Wilkinson wrote:

Laughing

It's not quite "wretched," but it isn't a highlight of the group by any stretch.

From that era, the single This Is It was close to beeing hit material, if only Hicks hadn't just stolen the riff from Pat Benatar's Hit Me With Your Best Shot. I really liked the song, but every time I played it for friends, they'd just say "Pat Benatar copycat" and wouldn't take the song seriously.
PostPosted:Mon Mar 12, 2007 21:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Tony and Dennis and anyone else who this may apply to.

Why on earth do you follow this band. I often wonder.

You seldom have anything good to say about them unless it suits you. What you like is not necessarily everyone else's favourite but you are so quick to post a negative and not to accept that there are those on this forum who just might like this track or anything else that you might not like.

If someone actually posts that they like something or asks a question about a song or topic, there is no need for you to have a go at it just for the sake of it.

This is a perfectly good example of a decent question posed to the forum by someone hoping for a reasonable answer but once again you both feel it necessary to lower the tone of the thread with your "wretched" comments.

I and many others on this forum are not interested and getting quite fed up with your seeming passion for pulling the band to bits.

As I have said before, no-one is expected to like everything the band has or has not done over the years. I have no problem with you actually not liking something and saying so, it is just the unnecessary and snide way that you sometimes say it.

Many decent posts are hijacked because you just don't seem able to resist disagreeing with the poster or taking a thread way off track.

If you have nothing better to say other than having a dig at the band, any of its line-ups, anything they may or may not have done that is not to your personal approval or me, then don't say it. Unless it is me, then please feel free to email me.

If you want to discus this further, I am happy to do so by messaging or email, not in this thread.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Mar 12, 2007 23:29 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Now where did I put all those "APPLAUD" signs...Rob, I couldn't agree more with you. Some people, who shall remain anonymous, must learn to temper their comments. It's getting a bit old and tiring if I might say so. Let's ALL try to keep things in line.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:03 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
Tony Wilkinson wrote:

Laughing

It's not quite "wretched," but it isn't a highlight of the group by any stretch.

From that era, the single This Is It was close to beeing hit material, if only Hicks hadn't just stolen the riff from Pat Benatar's Hit Me With Your Best Shot. I really liked the song, but every time I played it for friends, they'd just say "Pat Benatar copycat" and wouldn't take the song seriously.

Yes. They channelled Pat Benatar with that, and Laura Brannigan with "Casualty". which lifted the riff from "Gloria". Not fond of either track.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:13 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Opinions....
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Amen to that !!!
PostPosted:Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:02 am

Last edited by Gee on Thu May 27, 2010 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

To be honest I have always liked this number. A fellow fan gave me a copy of the video clip and I thought it was brilliant, strange without Bobby and this other guy but I liked it, a nice song.
I think the Hollies recorded some great songs in the late 80's and 90's, I think they would make a great cd.

PostPosted:Tue Mar 13, 2007 13:17 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Baby come back was, I believe, an attempt at catching young people who were more into synthesizer based music. I would like you to bear in mind that the Hollies were enormously popular in Germany during these years, when they released nothing new in the UK, and new singles kept coming in Germany. Stand by me was even released here in Norway! I'd like to applaud the Germans for keeping those new releases coming. And that Baby come back mini-Cd brought us Hillsborough, one of the best Hollies tracks from later years!

I couldn't agree more with Rob. I am for a democratic discussion, that should be critical, but we can do without negative outbursts without any point to make.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 13, 2007 19:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hillsborough is a treat, but Baby Come Back very much less so! Still, I suppose it did show an attempt to capture the musical style of the times to some extent.

PostPosted:Tue Mar 13, 2007 20:36 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin'
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2