graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Why no "Hollies at The BBC" CD / DVD....?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Why no "Hollies at The BBC" CD / DVD....?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I see in late March a "BBC Sessions" 2CD set is due for issue by The Moody Blues....and a "BBC Sessions" by John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers CD was issued recently....

Hollies fans really deserve something along these lines too..... don't they EMI and BBC ?
PostPosted:Fri Feb 16, 2007 14:11 pm

Last edited by Gee on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Good points, Geoff. It would be great to have these released officially, however, the pessimist in me thinks it will never happen. I don't know how much impetus there is between Bobby and Tony to nudge things along a bit - it really needs them to force these things along in my opinion.

Re: TOTP 'Sorry Suzanne'. I have seen two versions of the same footage - one with a live vocal and the other just a lip-synch to the record.

PostPosted:Fri Feb 16, 2007 16:20 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Isn't there also a 1974 color peformance of "Air That I Breathe"? I've seen it on YouTube. Allan's got a leather outfit and scarf in that one.
PostPosted:Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:09 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
marko661 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

I seem to remember in 1976 that ITV were showing A Hollies concert performance on TV. I never saw as we were going on holiday and of course no video recorders then (actually there were , but too expensive). Does anyone remember it, and Geoff, what aboutaskingthem if they have it in their plans to release to DVD
PostPosted:Wed Oct 24, 2007 14:08 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
carlane3 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

marko661 wrote:
I seem to remember in 1976 that ITV were showing A Hollies concert performance on TV. I never saw as we were going on holiday and of course no video recorders then (actually there were , but too expensive). Does anyone remember it, and Geoff, what aboutaskingthem if they have it in their plans to release to DVD

There was a color concert from Canada in 1976 broadcast . Perhaps this is the one you are thinking of.

PostPosted:Wed Oct 24, 2007 16:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

carlane3 wrote:
marko661 wrote:

There was a color concert from Canada in 1976 broadcast . Perhaps this is the one you are thinking of.

This one was recorded in the UK.

PostPosted:Wed Oct 24, 2007 19:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1