graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » "Hollies Greatest Hits" [2003] / "Long Road H
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject: Re: BBC RECORDINGS
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the list Geoff, the point is most of these recordings probably don't exist at the BBC anymore. The chances are most are only in poor bootleg form.
PostPosted:Fri Jan 19, 2007 18:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: BBC Recordings
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

The Australian mag actually listed 30 tracks from BBC and while they "moaned" about all the "Tape hiss",wrong speeds,distortion, the dreaded "drop out",and that the songs all needed a decent "Mix" and remastering.... they added that Better BBC versions of the songs on the "Unofficial" CD called "Hollie days" [Japan],that they were "reviewing" DID actually did exist [this "dodgy" disc apparetly ran for 74 minutes they reported].
So,if this is true,then decent versions could,presumably,be located,remixed and remastered to "clean them up",speeds corrected,etc....and a decent "official" Compact Disc of "The Hollies at the BBC ",could thus be issued....
It has been done for so many other artists,many far less successful than The Hollies...
PostPosted:Fri Jan 19, 2007 18:51 pm

Last edited by Gee on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Geoff,
Many thanks for such a great topic, I have really enjoyed reading everybodies thoughts. Looks like we still have heaps of Hollies gems about, when I got the Abbey road cd's I could not believe the brilliant songs that never made it to the albums of the day.
Always look forward to any material, old and new. I can understand if the band is not keen to record some of the older songs again, hey I could not imagine how many times Bobby and Tony have played Carrie Anne, Heavy and others, I bet they can play them in their sleep. I'd still love a live recording with their older hits and newer material. I think the new version of Here I go again is wonderful.
Thanks,
Anthony

PostPosted:Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:38 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3