graphic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Favourite Band Member (current Line-up)
Who is your favourite Hollie (current line-up)?
Peter Howarth
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Tony Hicks
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Bobby Elliott
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Ray Stiles
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Ian Parker
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Steve Lauri
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Jane Post subject: Favourite Band Member (current Line-up)

Hi Everyone Exclamation

Just curious, but it would be interesting who out of today's line-up is the most popular band member.

I love all 6 Hollies but my favourite is and always will be the very talented and cute Ray Stiles and Ian Parker (who's also cute) comes in a very close second.

Jane
PostPosted:Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:30 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cathy60 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

My Favourite Hollie is Bobby Elliott who is in my opinion the most talented and best Drummer that ever lived. Very Happy He isn't all that bad in the looks department either. Laughing

Catherine
PostPosted:Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:45 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
I Won't Move Over Post subject:

My favourite Hollie is Tony because I think he is a brilliant guitarist.

PostPosted:Sun Jan 07, 2007 21:07 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I don't know how anyone could not pick Tony Hicks, the one Hollie who was there when they recorded their first single back in '63, "(Ain't That) Just Like Me".
PostPosted:Mon Jan 08, 2007 21:52 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Totally irrelevant post Dennis. Read the title. The question is about the band now, 2007, not 1963.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Jan 08, 2007 23:40 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

My favourite Hollie is the ever gorgeous Tony Hicks. Very Happy He is also a great vocalist and guitarist. And Ray Stiles comes is a very close second. Smile

And Catherine, I agree 100% that Bobby is the best Drummer that ever lived. He is one of a kind. Very Happy

Susie

PostPosted:Tue Jan 09, 2007 0:26 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

My Favourite is the one and only Bobby Elliott followed very closely by Steve Lauri.

Cindy
PostPosted:Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:49 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
carol7cat Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

It is difficult but I would say Ian is the Biz!!!
Cute,Talented, intelligent, funny,total nutcase and an extremely nice guy.
What more can I say!!!
PostPosted:Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:40 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

hollies wrote:
Totally irrelevant post Dennis. Read the title. The question is about the band now, 2007, not 1963.

Rob,
Must you jump down my throat for everything I post? Ease up, man. It's just a silly poll.
PostPosted:Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:07 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

With full respect for the "new" members of the band, I have to take into account everything Bobby and Tony have done for us Hollies fans. My vote goes to Bobby not only for his excellent drumming, but also for treating us fans in the very best way. An example to follow. He is up in the no 1 league of "Good treaters of fans" along with Graham Nash, the Searchers, Nils Lofgren and Gerry Marsden, which says a lot.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:19 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Quote:
I don't know how anyone could not pick Tony Hicks, the one Hollie who was there when they recorded their first single back in '63, "(Ain't That) Just Like Me".

Quote:

Quote:
Rob,
Must you jump down my throat for everything I post? Ease up, man. It's just a silly poll.

Dennis, it is not a question of jumping down your throat, merely pointing out that your post is irrelevant to the thread and that you either did not read the title or you felt you would have your say anyway.

To come back and say "It's just a silly poll." is very rude to the author of the original post and again, not necessary.

You may be as old as I am and may have followed the band for years but you have to accept and respect that some fans have only ever seen or heard the current line-up and apart from recordings this is The Hollies that they know.

Both Peter Howarth and Steve Lauri have brought fans to the band who have never seen The Hollies before in any form. They are entitled to their views and to post on this forum too.

If you want to discuss this further please use messaging, not this thread.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Jan 13, 2007 16:34 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SheLenka Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

I must absolutely agree with Knut. For obvious reasons, I tend to prefer Bobby and Tony. It is impossible to decide whether Bobby is a better drummer than Tony is guitarist. I think they both are exceptionally tallented musicians!!!
But I gave my vote to Bobby without much thinking, for the same reason as Knut. We asked him for an interview for a Czech radio and he was very helpful and very pleasant.
PostPosted:Sat Jan 13, 2007 16:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Not seeing the new members I have to pick Tony, I remember when I last saw the lads in 2001 I felt like a little kid when both Tony & Bobby walked onto the stage, it was such a thrill.
I agree new band members can bring many new fans along, I'm sure there are Cliff Richard fans who will go and see a concert just to see how Peter is up front of a band.
Funny I still think of Ray as a new member of the Hollies and he's been there for about 20 years.
Keep up the good work, hope to see this great lineup one day.

PostPosted:Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:37 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Steve Lauri
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I am sure Tony,Bobby and the guys will understand that I have voted for Steve Lauri as my "favorite Hollie"...... a fine guitarist with a nice "Rocky" style and good lead vocalist not unlike Donnie Dacus the American Ex-Chicago /Steve Stills Band Vocalist /Guitarist...
Steve Lauri also brings an important "New" dimension to the Hollies ultra important High Harmony sound as once The Great Graham Nash, Terry Sylvester and Alan Coates all did...
Anyone with the ability and talent to "step into those guys shoes" and take over so well...while adding their OWN distinctive contribution...deserves (and gets !) my vote.
Cheers Steve !
PostPosted:Thu Jan 25, 2007 23:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Tony you're the man Cool ROCK ON !!!!

PostPosted:Wed Feb 14, 2007 17:56 pm
graphic
graphic