graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Pete Townshend's alleged comment about David Crosby
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Pete Townshend's alleged comment about David Crosby
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

From PT's website online diary:

22 October 2006
It gets worse... in Rolling Stone

Back to Diary Dates
I didn't read it yet but apparently I said Crosby, Stills and Nash make me sick. What!!! I can't possibly have said that. If I said it, what did I mean? I can't remember. I know David rubbing his chest with Dave Gilmour on Jools Holand was profoundly irritating but it was also completely adorable. I ADORE David Crosby, and as for the band - I was hanging with Graham Nash when he decided to leave England and go and work with the band, and the first album is the most gorgeous thing I've ever heard. I played it to my girlfriend Rachel only recently, as one of the great classics of our era.

I hear I also said I wouldn't go and see Bob Dylan play live. Oh God. I'm having a crack at Dylan again.

I think when I do interviews face-to-face I must imagine being drunk, and shoot my mouth off for old time's sake. But why do I pick on the folks I love the most? Or is it jealousy? Yeah, we're all old fellows now - and I can speak for all of us when I say, Pete - shut the fool up and play as well as you can. At your best you can't lick these guys boots.

PostPosted:Tue Oct 31, 2006 20:13 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: People try to put us down....
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Interesting "post"....but don't take anything Pete Townshend says as "gospel" !!,Pete is the most michievious guy....who loves to speak out of turn (sometimes without being fully "aware" in his younger days...!)
He once "slagged off" The Beatles musical abilities in a sixties T.V. show...then fell over himself apologising to Paul McCartney...!!
PostPosted:Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:16 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1