graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Clarke, Sylvester and Alan Parsons Project
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Clarke, Sylvester and Alan Parsons Project
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Terry and Allan's excellent contributions to the APP will be featured in remastered and expanded form as all the APP albums will be re-released as remasters in early 2007. See http://www.alan-parsons-project.com/index.php for more information.

If you haven't heard any of the material from the Project, check it out. Some really great contributions from musicians in addition to Terry and Allan. Wink

PostPosted:Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:27 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Is there any chance of songs we do not have? By the way, Breakdown must be the only 5.1 surround mixed track by Hollies/Allan Clarke/Terry Sylvester.

I am not counting Graham, he did an excellent job with Songs for survivors on Digital audio. Amazing.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 23, 2006 14:38 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Oh I forgot one point. (Maybe I'm in a string of posts today, stimulated by passing no 100?)

What I ought to mention is that the recent release of Moody Blues' On the threshold of a dream in 5.1 surround is great. Can we have a Hollies album given this treatment please?

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 23, 2006 14:41 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Knut wrote:
Is there any chance of songs we do not have? By the way, Breakdown must be the only 5.1 surround mixed track by Hollies/Allan Clarke/Terry Sylvester.

I am not counting Graham, he did an excellent job with Songs for survivors on Digital audio. Amazing.

Hi Knut - the tracklists haven't been advised as yet, although perhaps there might be an alternate take or something similar. If I hear any more information, I'll post it here. Terry's track is OK, but Breakdown is an excellent tune, and a superb vocal performance from the one and only Mr Allan Clarke.

PostPosted:Mon Oct 23, 2006 16:31 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1