graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Follow up to Staying Power?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Follow up to Staying Power?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Does anyone have any knowledge as to whether The Hollies plan to record a follow-up studio album? Given the lack of EMI support on Staying Power, would it make any sense to even attempt it? I'd appreciate any comments or personal perspective you may have on this subject...Thanks!
PostPosted:Thu Aug 10, 2006 17:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Michaelstoker78 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

I thought about that question myself a long time. Musically it would be a great idea, since I really enjoy Staying Power, they are still among the greatest!!!
But I would really like to know how EMI thinks about Staying Power´s performance. If they had wanted to make it a chart success they would have had to spend some time and money on promoting the album, which they obviously didn´t.
Anyway, I would love to see The Hollies record a new album in the nearer future.

PostPosted:Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:44 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Michaelstoker78 wrote:
I thought about that question myself a long time. Musically it would be a great idea, since I really enjoy Staying Power, they are still among the greatest!!!
But I would really like to know how EMI thinks about Staying Power´s performance. If they had wanted to make it a chart success they would have had to spend some time and money on promoting the album, which they obviously didn´t.
Anyway, I would love to see The Hollies record a new album in the nearer future.

I would think The Hollies might avoid EMI the next time around, unless of course they have contracted with them for additional recording time. If someone is not going to support your efforts why bother. Mind you, this is only my opinion.
PostPosted:Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:41 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I would have thought a live album would be more feasable?

PostPosted:Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:53 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

James Towill wrote:
I would have thought a live album would be more feasable?

My only hope is that the lack of success with Staying Power does not deter the lads from going back into the studio. One point I would stress is that they might consider bringing a well known producer onboard. Someone like a Jeff Lynne could infuse the band with new arrangements and production.
PostPosted:Fri Aug 11, 2006 14:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

holliesfan wrote:

My only hope is that the lack of success with Staying Power does not deter the lads from going back into the studio. One point I would stress is that they might consider bringing a well known producer onboard. Someone like a Jeff Lynne could infuse the band with new arrangements and production.

Let's hope that the record company bases any future album decision more on the artistic product of Staying Power rather than how well its sales were. After all, if a record company isn't going to promote a new release, it will die on the vine whatever its merits.

The product itself, I deem, is worthy of a followup. We'll see if EMI gets off its rump and gives a new release the amount of support required to make it as much of a financial success as it surely will be artistically.
PostPosted:Fri Aug 11, 2006 15:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

They should do another album and it would be such a pity if they didn't but EMI must do more to promote it.

PostPosted:Tue Sep 05, 2006 16:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1