graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Hollies on the radio
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: Hollies on the radio
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Great to hear reports that songs from the new cd have made it on the radio in some parts of the world.
I agree that it really does not matter what songs gets played but it's the fact that somebody has gone to the trouble to play it.
I always enjoy hearing any Hollies material on the radio, I think the most popular song that gets played here in Melbourne is LCW.
I'm really starting to enjoy the new material, not going to say what songs I like best at the moment but lets say the last song is getting worn out. Sadly the new cd is not in the stores here.
All the best,
Anthony

PostPosted:Mon Jul 24, 2006 15:32 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
CeireB Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

the only song I've heard on the radio here is He Aint Heavy. Definitely nothing off the new album has gotten through.

PostPosted:Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:24 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob and Everyone Exclamation

The Hollies song I hear most on the radio is Long Cool Woman (same as Anthony), and if they don't play that they usually play The Air That I breathe. When the radio stations here (in Sydney) decided to play my favourite song Too Young To Be Married they ruin it by leaving out Tony's beautiful guitar solo in the middle of the song. Sad Twisted Evil

Susie

PostPosted:Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:40 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SheLenka Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi everyone here!
As to discussion of the most frequently played song, in the Czech Republic I guess it is Sorry Suzanne, it is unfortunately mostly played among some sweet and dumb american songs from the 60's as a part of "retro" - I'm talking about common radios not profiled to broadcast 60's music.
Unfortunately, most Czech radios completely ignore the fact there is the new album... Crying or Very sad

But I was very suprised (and happy) to hear on a common Norwegian radio my very favourite song "Listen To Me". So maybe somwhere they know better...
PostPosted:Sat Sep 02, 2006 20:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SheLenka wrote:
Unfortunately, most Czech radios completely ignore the fact there is the new album... Crying or Very sad

Hi She,

Maybe it might be a good idea to drop off a copy at the station....just an idea.
PostPosted:Sat Sep 02, 2006 23:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SheLenka Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi Holliesfan,
thanks, that's a good idea, but I doubt it would change anything. Anyway, I avoid "common" radios as much as I can, they broadcast crap. There's a great radio - www.radioolympic.cz - focused on the 60's music which has the Hollies songs on several times a day plus part of the regular shows. In spring, there was a Hollies special with Bobby Elliott's exclusive interview. But this radio's profile doesn't allow to play new music. Sad
Lenka
PostPosted:Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:30 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic