graphic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Out on the Road
graphic
Post new topic   Reply to topic
graphic

graphic graphic
Tony Wilkinson Post subject: Out on the Road


Guest



According to Amazon, 'Out on the Road' is to be released by magic records on cd on July 26th although there is no information on the magic records website as yet.
PostPosted:Thu Jul 20, 2006 22:07 pm
graphic
Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: Re: Out on the Road
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 15 Oct 2004
Posts: 661
Location: Gahanna, Ohio USA

Tony Wilkinson wrote:
According to Amazon, 'Out on the Road' is to be released by magic records on cd on July 26th although there is no information on the magic records website as yet.



http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000GNOLUQ/202-0253677-6491853?v=glance&n=229816&s=music&v=glance


Out on the Road
~ The Hollies
Out on the Road

Our Price: £10.99 & eligible for Free UK delivery on orders over £15 with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions

This item will be released on 24 July, 2006. You may order it now and we will dispatch it to you when we receive it from our supplier. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.
PostPosted:Thu Jul 20, 2006 23:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 928
Location: Dunfermline, Fife

Excellent news, hopefully there will be better sound than the Rock-in-Beat release of a few years back. Thanks for the info. Smile

_________________
The Last Wind... don't eat curries late at night
PostPosted:Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:15 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
loenen16 Post subject:
Bass Guitar


Bass Guitar
Joined: 17 Jan 2004
Posts: 72
Location: almelo nederland

hi all
ques i am a lucky guy to have the both boxes
and almost no problems to get any cd at store where i live ,
so invested quitte a lot ,thinking off all the cd 's
in the early days had always problems to get the records and singles to buy ,
only the big hits over here they where easy

lolll
Very Happy
greetings
Bernard
almelo
holland
PostPosted:Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:59 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 928
Location: Dunfermline, Fife

James Towill wrote:
Thanks for the info. Smile


I've emailed Magic Records to enquire about OOTR - I'll post any reply I get here.
Cool

_________________
The Last Wind... don't eat curries late at night
PostPosted:Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:08 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 773
Location: Los Angeles

"Out On The Road": one of The Hollies' finest albums. I just ordered my copy of this "Magic" CD.
PostPosted:Fri Jul 21, 2006 15:22 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Ray Post subject:
Bass Guitar


Bass Guitar
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 58
Location: Rangiora, New Zealand

James Towill wrote:
Excellent news, hopefully there will be better sound than the Rock-in-Beat release of a few years back. Thanks for the info. Smile


Yes I would agree James. I have the Rock-in-Beat CD as well, and have always felt it is not the best quality CD to listen to.
PostPosted:Fri Jul 21, 2006 23:37 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:


Site Admin
Joined: 06 Nov 2003
Posts: 779
Location: Nottingham, England

Had contact with Magic Records yesterday and Out On The Road will be available from this week.

_________________
Best wishes, Rob

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:01 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 15 Oct 2004
Posts: 661
Location: Gahanna, Ohio USA

Any word on bonus tracks?

Is "Witchy Woman" too much to hope for?

Including the Terry-lead vocal of "Oh Granny" would be a nice touch.

Magic Records seems to be the "King of the Bonus Tracks," so I have my hopes.
PostPosted:Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:22 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 928
Location: Dunfermline, Fife

hollies wrote:
Had contact with Magic Records yesterday and Out On The Road will be available from this week.


Excellent news! I've just ordered it from Amazon, but they say estimated dispatch date will be from 21 August! They seem to do this now instead of saying 'usually available in 4 - 6 weeks' (which probably put customers off), now they give an estimated dispatch date at the payment stage.

Has anyone ordered direct from Magic and how long did delivery take?

_________________
The Last Wind... don't eat curries late at night
PostPosted:Sat Jul 22, 2006 21:07 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 928
Location: Dunfermline, Fife

Out On The Road details now on Magic Records website:

HOLLIES
HOLLIES OUT ON THE ROAD



15.00 EUR
13.38 USD



(CD digipak 18 tracks) 3930593 - Remastered in high definition 24-Bit Tracks list: Out On The Road (# 1) / A Better Place / They Donít Realise Iím Down / The Last Wind / Mr. Heartbreaker / I Was Born A Man / Slow Down Ė Go Gown / Donít Leave The Child Alone / Nearer To You / Pick Up The Pieces / Trans-Atlantic West Bound Jet (# 1) / Bonus Tracks : The Baby / Oh Granny / Magic Woman Touch (acoustic version) / Indian Girl / If It Wasnít For The Reason That I Love You / I Had A Dream / Mexico Gold. This album released in 1973 has been released in Spain Germany & Great Britain only. Itís a very rare album and very searched. Certains tracks are published here for the first time.

_________________
The Last Wind... don't eat curries late at night
PostPosted:Mon Jul 24, 2006 17:33 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 773
Location: Los Angeles

James Towill wrote:
Out On The Road details now on Magic Records website:

HOLLIES
HOLLIES OUT ON THE ROAD



15.00 EUR
13.38 USD



(CD digipak 18 tracks) 3930593 - Remastered in high definition 24-Bit Tracks list: Out On The Road (# 1) / A Better Place / They Donít Realise Iím Down / The Last Wind / Mr. Heartbreaker / I Was Born A Man / Slow Down Ė Go Gown / Donít Leave The Child Alone / Nearer To You / Pick Up The Pieces / Trans-Atlantic West Bound Jet (# 1) / Bonus Tracks : The Baby / Oh Granny / Magic Woman Touch (acoustic version) / Indian Girl / If It Wasnít For The Reason That I Love You / I Had A Dream / Mexico Gold. This album released in 1973 has been released in Spain Germany & Great Britain only. Itís a very rare album and very searched. Certains tracks are published here for the first time.


Correction: "Out On The Road" was not released in the UK. It was released, as you say, in Spain and Germany (the most common version), and also the Phillipines.
PostPosted:Mon Jul 24, 2006 21:24 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 928
Location: Dunfermline, Fife

Not me who said it, Dennis, Magic Records did! Cool

Dennis wrote:
James Towill wrote:
Out On The Road details now on Magic Records website:

HOLLIES
HOLLIES OUT ON THE ROAD



15.00 EUR
13.38 USD



(CD digipak 18 tracks) 3930593 - Remastered in high definition 24-Bit Tracks list: Out On The Road (# 1) / A Better Place / They Donít Realise Iím Down / The Last Wind / Mr. Heartbreaker / I Was Born A Man / Slow Down Ė Go Gown / Donít Leave The Child Alone / Nearer To You / Pick Up The Pieces / Trans-Atlantic West Bound Jet (# 1) / Bonus Tracks : The Baby / Oh Granny / Magic Woman Touch (acoustic version) / Indian Girl / If It Wasnít For The Reason That I Love You / I Had A Dream / Mexico Gold. This album released in 1973 has been released in Spain Germany & Great Britain only. Itís a very rare album and very searched. Certains tracks are published here for the first time.


Correction: "Out On The Road" was not released in the UK. It was released, as you say, in Spain and Germany (the most common version), and also the Phillipines.

_________________
The Last Wind... don't eat curries late at night
PostPosted:Mon Jul 24, 2006 22:12 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 15 Oct 2004
Posts: 661
Location: Gahanna, Ohio USA

No "Witchy Woman," alas.

Oh well, maybe next time.
PostPosted:Mon Jul 24, 2006 22:15 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 928
Location: Dunfermline, Fife

Yes, it is a shame. I wonder what tracks are supposed to be published for the first time? If Mexico Gold is on there, I've got a feeling Oh! Granny will be the Clarke-vocals version Rolling Eyes

_________________
The Last Wind... don't eat curries late at night
PostPosted:Mon Jul 24, 2006 22:28 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
Post new topic   Reply to topic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic
   
graphic

graphic graphic
Display posts from previous:   
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
graphic graphic


KDM2 template v1.0.2 © jasidog.com
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 6:12 am. All times are GMT