The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Suspended Animation Remixed
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Michael,

I absolutely agree with you. The Hollies would not just be better than the British participants, they would be better than everybody else. I wonder how many points they would have got for performing "Suspended Animation" there. I'm not sure. It's a damn good song but I don't have the feeling that quality counts much there anymore these days. It's about politics and about "a show", not about the song and how the song is performed. Otherwise, The Hollies certainly would be the winners.

Yes, but the Grand Prix song contest would be a nice try, perhaps following radio airplay and concert tours. This would be a chance not just for "Suspended Animation" but also for The Hollies all over Europe, at least.

Anyway, there is one question I have. What is Eric Haydock's "Class of 64" ? Is this the same band he announced as The Hollies and where all the problems started with about the rights ? Or is it a different band ?
PostPosted:Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:56 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I think one of the lesser known members may have been involved in the infamous/notorious Eric Haydock's Ex-Hollies. Don't know for sure...

Haydock's on bass. Two of the three guitarists are "Telecaster Ted" Tomlin and Graham Pollack. Pollack played in an 80s band named Cavern and with Wayne Fontana. Tomlin played in Love Affair for about 20 years, and worked in a version of Sweet with Brian Connolly, and with Denny Laine.

The third guitarist and frontman is Len "Chip" Hawkes; I suspect he needs no introduction. I believe he still does some sub work with the Tremeloes. Finally, the drummer is former Kink Mick Avory. Their one CD is a three-way split: five covers of Klassic Kinks tunes, five Hollies covers and five covers of Trems hits. I enjoy it, and while they really don't stray too far from the originals, it is fun to hear Chip (who's still in fine voice) sing some golden oldies originally sung by Allan Clarke and Ray Davies. The best thing may be having Chip's and Eric's autographs, lol.
Bruce

PostPosted:Thu Jul 13, 2006 15:15 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2