graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » 70s/80s single B-sides on one C.D. ?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject: 70s/80s single B-sides on one C.D. ?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I had the opportunity to gain some singles by The Hollies and found that some B-sides like "For What It's Worth I'm Sorry" or "C'mon" are really great. Unfortunately, I bought the "Purple Rain" single with the two songs "Naomi" and "Two Shadows" I have never heard before and the record arrived broken in pieces.

This brought me to the question: Why ain't there a C.D. around with all the Hollies B-sides on it ? I am sure that there are many song jewels you cannot find on C.D.. A C.D. pack with ALL single As and Bs would be a nice idea, as well ( and not just up to 1975). Could anybody tell me if there is a C.D. like that around or if it is planned ? Could at least somebody tell me how "Naomi" and "Two Shadows" are like ? These are the only two official releases I know of I don't have.
PostPosted:Sat Jun 24, 2006 19:14 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

There was a CD released about 12 years ago on the EMI 'Music For Pleasure' series called A's and B's 1970-1979 which rounded up many of the 70's singles, but not all. I agree, tunes from the 70's and '80's on a 2CD pack would be superb.

PostPosted:Sun Jun 25, 2006 18:03 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Ray Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Yes I do agree that some of the B-sides are quite good. What I am doing is building up my collection of 7" and 12" records and recording these songs on to my computer. From there I am editing clicks and pops ect.. out and tidying up intros and fade outs to get as clean a recording as possible. Then I intend to burn these to a CD. Might I stress this is for my own personal use, so I can enjoy these songs in my car or wherever i want to. Here's a list of songs I have so far:
Your Eyes, Driver, C'Mon, Nothing Else But Love, No More Riders, Naomi, Hillsborough, Crossfire, For What its Worth I'm Sorry, You're All Woman, Row The Boat Together, Corrine, You Gave Me Strength.
I know some of these are availiable on CD already, but I quite like the warmth of having the original recordings on record.
PostPosted:Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:34 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1