graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » New album Staying Power IS available to U.S. fans
graphic
Post new topic   Reply to topic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: New album Staying Power IS available to U.S. fans
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 15 Oct 2004
Posts: 661
Location: Gahanna, Ohio USA

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?z=y&EAN=94635050523&ITM=3

Barnes & Noble tells me that I can buy a Canadian import version of the album.






http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E6G6JE/sr=8-2/qid=1148127853/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-5595089-2281535?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Meanwhile, the u.s. site of Amazon tells us that the Japanese pressing of this album includes the bonus track "Too Much Too Soon" (as the seventh track on the CD, not tacked on as a bonus track at the end of the disc).




http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000D3T4C4/sr=8-1/qid=1148127853/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-5595089-2281535?%5Fencoding=UTF8

And of course, there's also the standard release, available at amazon as an import. Fans/buyers have left a few interesting if not always enthusiastic album reviews on this site.
PostPosted:Sat May 20, 2006 12:29 pm

Last edited by SpartyScott on Sat May 20, 2006 16:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 17 Jan 2004
Posts: 519
Location: New Jersey, USA

Yes it's available to US fans but as far as EMI US goes it is not. Why they haven't released it is still a mystery to me. Shame on them.
PostPosted:Sat May 20, 2006 13:21 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 773
Location: Los Angeles

holliesfan wrote:
Yes it's available to US fans but as far as EMI US goes it is not. Why they haven't released it is still a mystery to me. Shame on them.


As long as it is only an "import" (Canada included) it is not an international, fully realized release. Maybe it will be released in the fall, by which time the band would be free to come to the US to promote it, after their European shows. There's a plan.
PostPosted:Sat May 20, 2006 15:12 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 17 Jan 2004
Posts: 519
Location: New Jersey, USA

Dennis wrote:
holliesfan wrote:
Yes it's available to US fans but as far as EMI US goes it is not. Why they haven't released it is still a mystery to me. Shame on them.


As long as it is only an "import" (Canada included) it is not an international, fully realized release. Maybe it will be released in the fall, by which time the band would be free to come to the US to promote it, after their European shows. There's a plan.


Yes, that is a great plan. However, the larger question still remains.....who at EMI U.S. is responsible for blessing a U.S. release? You are in LA, maybe you can stop by EMI to inquire. Is that doable with your daily schedule? Perhaps you might be able to gleen an answer from them.
PostPosted:Sat May 20, 2006 17:07 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 773
Location: Los Angeles

holliesfan wrote:
Dennis wrote:
holliesfan wrote:
Yes it's available to US fans but as far as EMI US goes it is not. Why they haven't released it is still a mystery to me. Shame on them.


As long as it is only an "import" (Canada included) it is not an international, fully realized release. Maybe it will be released in the fall, by which time the band would be free to come to the US to promote it, after their European shows. There's a plan.


Yes, that is a great plan. However, the larger question still remains.....who at EMI U.S. is responsible for blessing a U.S. release? You are in LA, maybe you can stop by EMI to inquire. Is that doable with your daily schedule? Perhaps you might be able to gleen an answer from them.


Boy, when fans have to pester record companies to release something, there really IS a problem somewhere. Like I stated, a US release is pointless until the band can come over to promote it. I wouldn't want to see it released until then anyway, which means September at the earliest, judging from their current tour schedule.
PostPosted:Sun May 21, 2006 16:57 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 613
Location: Oslo, Norway

Believe it or not, I bought a copy of Staying power in Budapest, Hungary, a couple of days ago!

_________________
Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sun May 28, 2006 9:24 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar


Lead Guitar
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 773
Location: Los Angeles

Knut wrote:
Believe it or not, I bought a copy of Staying power in Budapest, Hungary, a couple of days ago!


Would you believe? It's easier to get in Budapest than it is in Los Angeles. Shocked
PostPosted:Mon May 29, 2006 13:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
Post new topic   Reply to topic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic
   
graphic

graphic graphic
Display posts from previous:   
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic


Page 1 of 1
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
graphic graphic


KDM2 template v1.0.2 © jasidog.com
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
The time now is Tue Sep 18, 2018 19:22 pm. All times are GMT