The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » on the road
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
loenen16 Post subject: on the road
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

hey all
anyone seen the concert in zurich,switserland ?
and who is going to the eirish concerts ?
good to read any report about the concerts
anyway i wish the hollies a big time succes wherever they play
greetings bernard
PostPosted:Tue May 16, 2006 8:15 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

I'll be at all the Irish shows.

Hope to get some reviews from the fans.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue May 16, 2006 8:36 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

hollies wrote:

You lucky sod! Wish I was going, damn I don't have a passport, I might stowaway though Wink.
PostPosted:Tue May 16, 2006 11:44 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
CeireB Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Shelley wrote:
hollies wrote:

You lucky sod! Wish I was going, damn I don't have a passport, I might stowaway though Wink.

ah Shelly, you don't need a passport to go from England to Ireland!!! Or at least you didn't used to, maybe that's changed. All you need is picture ID (driving licence). Tut, you missed out on that one girl, Dublin gig was amazing!
PostPosted:Tue May 23, 2006 20:44 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

CeireB wrote:
Shelley wrote:
hollies wrote:

ah Shelly, you don't need a passport to go from England to Ireland!!! Or at least you didn't used to, maybe that's changed. All you need is picture ID (driving licence). Tut, you missed out on that one girl, Dublin gig was amazing!

I had so much trouble last year trying to get picture ID to travel to Ireland. In the end they accepted a travel card photo card, but was told that from October last year, you need to have a passport as the required ID to travel to Ireland. They barely looked at it on the way back though, but that might have been something to do with the fact I arrived at the airport late, check in had finished and they said they would only put me on the plane if I made it to the plane within about 10 mins, I won't go into running through the airport with no shoes on (you have to take your shoes off when going through the xray!!), nor will I go into running back to collect my handbag! Laughing My shoes only went back on again once I got on the plane.

I hope I don't have this trouble whenever I go to the Isle of Man again.
PostPosted:Wed May 24, 2006 5:45 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
CeireB Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Shelley wrote:
CeireB wrote:
Shelley wrote:
hollies wrote:

I had so much trouble last year trying to get picture ID to travel to Ireland. In the end they accepted a travel card photo card, but was told that from October last year, you need to have a passport as the required ID to travel to Ireland. They barely looked at it on the way back though, but that might have been something to do with the fact I arrived at the airport late, check in had finished and they said they would only put me on the plane if I made it to the plane within about 10 mins, I won't go into running through the airport with no shoes on (you have to take your shoes off when going through the xray!!), nor will I go into running back to collect my handbag! Laughing My shoes only went back on again once I got on the plane.

I hope I don't have this trouble whenever I go to the Isle of Man again.

yeah i've had a few airport disasters meself over the years, although these days I'm all sensible and make very sure i get to the airport with time to spare, especially Dublin airport!!

You should be okay for the Isle of Man, that'd be an internal flight for you.
PostPosted:Wed May 24, 2006 7:21 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

CeireB wrote:
yeah i've had a few airport disasters meself over the years, although these days I'm all sensible and make very sure i get to the airport with time to spare, especially Dublin airport!!

You should be okay for the Isle of Man, that'd be an internal flight for you.

Thing is (sorry if I'm going off topic here) we stopped of at the catholic church on the way and watched Mass, spent ages in the church shop and took the bus to the airport, I didn't realise the bus would take an hour to get to the airport Confused , oh and none of us had checked the check in time either, we thought it was 6:00pm, when really it was 5:30pm, so we really only have ourselves to blame for not checking the times, thankfully we did manage to catch the plane in time. It was fun though trying to get to the plane in time, and everyone we had to show our tickets to all knew we were the last ones, at one point the staff had took short cuts and was ready to point us in the right direction without us having to stop and look around, just wish they had let us through the short cuts Laughing .
PostPosted:Wed May 24, 2006 7:46 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
CeireB Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Shelley wrote:
Thing is (sorry if I'm going off topic here) we stopped of at the catholic church on the way and watched Mass, spent ages in the church shop and took the bus to the airport, I didn't realise the bus would take an hour to get to the airport Confused , oh and none of us had checked the check in time either, we thought it was 6:00pm, when really it was 5:30pm, so we really only have ourselves to blame for not checking the times, thankfully we did manage to catch the plane in time. It was fun though trying to get to the plane in time, and everyone we had to show our tickets to all knew we were the last ones, at one point the staff had took short cuts and was ready to point us in the right direction without us having to stop and look around, just wish they had let us through the short cuts Laughing .

ah come on Shelley, surely you could have found better things to be doin in Dublin than going to mass!!!! If you'd have said you'd missed your flight cos you were down the pub I would have understood!!!
PostPosted:Wed May 24, 2006 8:21 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

CeireB wrote:
ah come on Shelley, surely you could have found better things to be doin in Dublin than going to mass!!!! If you'd have said you'd missed your flight cos you were down the pub I would have understood!!!

We wanted to see mass and all the people rushing in to do it, it was quite quiet in there and we were on the point of closing our eyes as well Confused.

It was the bus that took it's time, if I'd known it took an hour to get to the airport I would have avoided it Very Happy .
PostPosted:Wed May 24, 2006 9:08 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
CeireB Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Shelley wrote:

It was the bus that took it's time, if I'd known it took an hour to get to the airport I would have avoided it Very Happy .

yeah the airport is a good bit out of town, and good oul Dublin Bus isn't always that reliable, and the traffic here is brutal. mmmm, makes you wonder why the tourists bother comin here really - it's a good thing we've got guinness or we'd be ruined!
PostPosted:Wed May 24, 2006 9:13 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1