graphic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin' » What's Allan Up To These Days?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: What's Allan Up To These Days?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Does anyone know what Allan is doing these days? Is he involved in any way with the music biz or has he totally disassociated himself from the scene? Does he stay in touch with Tony and Bobby? Think he likes the new album "Staying Power". Is there a remote chance he will one day join the band in recording or pop on stage at one of their shows?
PostPosted:Tue May 02, 2006 20:37 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Re: What's Allan Up To These Days?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
Think he likes the new album "Staying Power".

This gives me an idea for another thread Laughing

PostPosted:Tue May 02, 2006 20:54 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Apart from on the Hollies site where it says that he has retired, the below link should take you to Allan Clarke's profile on the IMDB, I don't know how upto date it is though.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0164646/bio

This is just a snippet of his profile:

In 2000 he quit for good due to his wife's health. Allan moved on and can be found in the German DJ charts as sometime guitarist for German dance pop act Et Cetera, who like to cover his songs.
PostPosted:Tue May 02, 2006 21:17 pm

Last edited by Shelley on Wed May 03, 2006 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: What's Allan Up To These Days?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
Does anyone know what Allan is doing these days? Is he involved in any way with the music biz or has he totally disassociated himself from the scene? Does he stay in touch with Tony and Bobby? Think he likes the new album "Staying Power". Is there a remote chance he will one day join the band in recording or pop on stage at one of their shows?

The man has officially "retired". Leave him alone! Can't rock & rollers bow out gracefully, without fans wanting to squeeze one last morsel of their talent out of them? I wish more rockers would do as Clarke did, and quit publicly, once and for all. From what I've read, the man's singing voice is gone, shot, dead. Get it? Let him be.
PostPosted:Tue May 02, 2006 22:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Dennis,
I can hear what you are saying but on the other hand it would be nice to know a little bit of info on what he is doing, he has been such a big part of our lives over many years, it's hard to just say he left the band, good luck and not think what he is doing these days.
I hope he is very happy what ever he is up to.
When you think Hollies, Allan is never far from our thoughts,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed May 03, 2006 4:19 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Re: What's Allan Up To These Days?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dennis wrote:
holliesfan wrote:

The man has officially "retired". Leave him alone! Can't rock & rollers bow out gracefully, without fans wanting to squeeze one last morsel of their talent out of them? I wish more rockers would do as Clarke did, and quit publicly, once and for all. From what I've read, the man's singing voice is gone, shot, dead. Get it? Let him be.

Okay Denny...take a deep deep breath and count to three....okay now exhale. There, doesn't that feel better? You must learn to relax young man.... Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed May 03, 2006 10:44 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Re: What's Allan Up To These Days?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
Does anyone know what Allan is doing these days?

Emulsioning the downstairs toilet Wink Laughing

PostPosted:Wed May 03, 2006 15:34 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: What's Allan Up To These Days?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
Dennis wrote:
holliesfan wrote:

Okay Denny...take a deep deep breath and count to three....okay now exhale. There, doesn't that feel better? You must learn to relax young man.... Very Happy

I am relaxed. But how many times do we have to go over this subject? Allan Clarke has retired from the music biz. Good for him. Now let's stop trying to get him back on stage "one last time". Ain't gonna happen.
PostPosted:Wed May 03, 2006 19:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I read that he devides the year between the U.K and U.S.A

It would be good if Allan did work with the others again but I would be surprised if this happend as he was starting to have problems with his voice. I have often thought what Allan thinks of 'Staying Power'.

PostPosted:Fri Jun 02, 2006 18:10 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Of course it isn't true that Allan retired from music once he retired from The Hollies. Since then he has worked with Et Cetera on their Long Cool Woman cover and sung Don't Think Twice, It's Alright on Steve Howe's Dylan album.

Micheal
PostPosted:Fri Jun 02, 2006 19:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Sorry, Michael, but both projects were done by Allan while he was still with the Hollies. However, since the group did not release much new material at the time, the Steve Howe album was the last vocal appearance Allan did to my knowledge.
In anay case his voice was/is still good enough for a rocker like Long cool woman, so I would appreciate if he and Graham did a song with the present Hollies in Albert Hall for instance, just a one-off night.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:44 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

My bad, Knut. I thought they came afterwards.

Micheal
PostPosted:Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:18 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dennis, no one is making Allan come back on stage again. I doubt that when he quit, he did it for good. Part of the reason was that his voice did not sound like it used to, but I don't think he would quit work that he had done his whole life just because of that. There are a lot of people who retire from performing, but they never dropping out of sight permanently. They still try to keep their presence in the industry, and I'm sure that whatever Allan's up to, he's doing just that.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 21, 2007 16:29 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Sun Apr 08, 2007 15:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Allan Clarke.....and Hollies "past"...
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

As far as I am aware the legendary Hollies frontman is enjoying a well earned retirement with his wife Jenny ,who, last I heard is fine (all Hollies fans will be glad to hear that...and we all wish them both well for the future).
PostPosted:Wed Feb 21, 2007 18:20 pm

Last edited by Gee on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Right on the money Geoff. Allan is now retired and that is that. I like the idea of a "Lifetime Achievement Award". Who do you suppose would be key in making that a reality? They certainly deserve it!
PostPosted:Wed Feb 21, 2007 19:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin'
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next