graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Listen To Me » New avatars
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: New avatars

Site Admin

Hi

I have put some more avatars onto the forum so you will now have the choice from two categories, the Band and Record Covers.

Have fun Very Happy

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:08 pm

Last edited by hollies on Mon Feb 19, 2007 22:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Rob,
I have used one of my favourite Hollies photos as my new Avatar, I just loved that cover and that era of the band,
Thanks again,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed Mar 16, 2005 13:19 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: Peter Howarth Avatar
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Rob,

Is there any chance of having some more Peter Howarth avatars available?

Thank you

Shelley
PostPosted:Thu Mar 23, 2006 21:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: Re: Peter Howarth Avatar
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Shelley wrote:
Rob,

Thank you

Shelley

I'd kinda like a circa 1972 Rickfors one.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 28, 2006 17:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: Peter Howarth Avatar
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
Shelley wrote:
Rob,

Thank you

Shelley

I would upload one of my own pictures of Peter, but don't know how to do it, I have tried Sad .

Shelley
PostPosted:Tue Mar 28, 2006 17:34 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Shelly,

There are two ways to do it --

1. If the file is REALLY small, you can upload it directly.
2. If the file is bigger than the tiny file size limit, then you can't upload it that way. However, if you can post it on the internet on your own personal web space supplied by your Internet provider, then you can link to it -- the way I did on my college animated logo that I posted on my personal webspace.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 28, 2006 17:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
Shelly,

2. If the file is bigger than the tiny file size limit, then you can't upload it that way. However, if you can post it on the internet on your own personal web space supplied by your Internet provider, then you can link to it -- the way I did on my college animated logo that I posted on my personal webspace.

Hi SpartyScott,

Silly question, but how do I make it small? Would I have to crop it? (yes I can be thick when I want to be Laughing ).
PostPosted:Tue Mar 28, 2006 17:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Shelley wrote:
SpartyScott wrote:
Shelly,

Hi SpartyScott,

Silly question, but how do I make it small? Would I have to crop it? (yes I can be thick when I want to be Laughing ).

Shelly, I'm no computer guru, but the only way I know how to truly reduce the size of a picture file is to open the file in some sort of graphics program, and then save it (with a new file name so you keep the original file) at a lower resolution.

Of course, if there's excess area in the photo not vital to the the picture subject, then yes, cropping would also save some file size.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 28, 2006 17:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
Shelley wrote:
SpartyScott wrote:
Shelly,

Hi SpartyScott,

Shelly, I'm no computer guru, but the only way I know how to truly reduce the size of a picture file is to open the file in some sort of graphics program, and then save it (with a new file name so you keep the original file) at a lower resolution.

Of course, if there's excess area in the photo not vital to the the picture subject, then yes, cropping would also save some file size.

I might have to give this a miss, I've tried more than once now, and still getting no where. How do I find out how big it is, I keep being told it must be no more than 6kb or something, very frustrating.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 28, 2006 18:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Shelley wrote:
SpartyScott wrote:
Shelley wrote:
SpartyScott wrote:
Shelly,

Hi SpartyScott,

I might have to give this a miss, I've tried more than once now, and still getting no where. How do I find out how big it is, I keep being told it must be no more than 6kb or something, very frustrating.

Just look at your file through Internet Explorer, and it will give you the file size of each file in its subdirectory.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 28, 2006 18:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: Re: Peter Howarth Avatar
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Shelley wrote:
SpartyScott wrote:
Shelley wrote:
Rob,

Thank you

Shelley

I would upload one of my own pictures of Peter, but don't know how to do it, I have tried Sad .

Shelley

Shelley, if you E-mail the photo of Peter to me, I'll upload it my personal space, and then you can link to it -- just as I linked my graphics file. Just send me an e-mail to spartyscott5@aol.com and attach the picture to it, and I'll upload it to my space then we'll get you all set up.

Scott
PostPosted:Sat Apr 01, 2006 13:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Scott,

Thank you for this, as you can see I have failed to do it myself Laughing .

Shelley
PostPosted:Sat Apr 01, 2006 13:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: Peter Howarth Avatar
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
Shelley wrote:
Rob,

Thank you

Shelley

So would I.
PostPosted:Sat Apr 01, 2006 22:10 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
I've tried to change my photo to a different album cover but what ever I do just doesn't work,
It look so simple but I must be doing something wrong, looks like I'm the simple one,
Thanks,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed May 03, 2006 13:05 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Hi all,
I've tried to change my photo to a different album cover but what ever I do just doesn't work,
It look so simple but I must be doing something wrong, looks like I'm the simple one,
Thanks,
Anthony

Hi Anthony, silly question, but have you clicked on your selected avatar, then clicked select avatar which takes you to your profile, then clicked submit?

Would be nice to see a few more ones of Peter he's only got two, and poor Steve only has the one Sad
PostPosted:Wed May 03, 2006 13:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Listen To Me
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2