The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Appearance after the gigs
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Kathy and Anthony...

I'll try to keep this short.... first off Anthony me name is "Shells" not Shalls as you have put.... it's short for Rochelle.....

Kathy, I wasn't having a go at you.... and I have reread your post to see that it does say ME not US.. sorry if I offended you... yup you are right... we both have our opinions.. if you check out the reply I made to Goran and Gordon, you'll see wot I meant....

Anthony, I think we have to agree to disagree and as you say there are many different sides to this subject... I don't mean to offend anyone... I'm just passionate about my ideas and the Hollies.. can't help it... just "Can't Let Go!" says it all for me! Laughing

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:10 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Shells,
Sorry I wrote you name wrong Shells, oh well we really are not going to agree, but that's okay. If we did not make the Hollies stars then they would be just normal people like us, working in an office, factory etc. Whats wrong with that, I'm sure if the Hollies never were then we would all be on different sites, Beatles, Who, Gerry and the Pacemakers etc.
I'm happy to buy the cd's hope for a DVD and look forward to a show in Australia, but I don't expect anything. I'm just pleased they lasted for so long and others get pleasure from seeing them.

PostPosted:Mon Feb 23, 2004 21:15 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Anthony.. you are forgiven for the name thing

At least we can agree to disagree... I don't think I could imagine what life without the Hollies would have been.. Crying or Very sad Laughing

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:44 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sharon Olson Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi All,

Interesting discussion with both sides being valid. Me, what do I think? Intellectually, I know this. I have seen the Hollies once In my life. I have adored them for 30+ years, and the fact that I could see them once practically in my own back yard, is more than I could ever have dreamed, or asked for, and for that I am eternally grateful. I am greedy, and I have dreams of seeing them again, and I would love to attend a convention but know this is probably not going to happen.

I have spent many dollars on the Hollies, getting everything I could possibly get. Now that I have discovered the internet, it has opened up my Hollies world immensly, and I've spent more this past year than in the previous 30 years, simply because there are now so many things available.

So what about meeting the fans afterward? Do they owe us anything? Probably not. Yet, this is their job, and I often have to smooze on my job, when I would rather not.

My thoughts: They can probably pick and choose in the U.K., England especially, when they want to meet their fans. After all, they are there enough, that the true fan will probably meet them eventually. Also conventions are available. And I do feel bad that Tony was pinned like he was, this cannot be a good time for the boys.

For the rest of us: I agree with you Gordon, that the boys would probably be mobbed less at a concert than at a covention. Let's go back to Kearney Nebraska July 30, 2002. Helen, you mentioned a 2 1/2 hour concert. In my dreams! If we got half of that we were lucky. The fact that The Loving Spoonful opened for them shows that they thought they needed 2 bands that evening to get a decent crowd, which was probably true. So would they have been mobbed that night? No. Probably a handful a fans would have been there. If you put in an extra hour or so that probably would have been enough. Considering that it had been almost 20 years since you'd been on American soil, I don't think this would have been a terrible hardship.

I waited around and drove around what I think were their vans. I eventually started feeling like a stalker so I went home.

Did the Hollies owe me anything? No. But after 20 years of not being in the U.S. 30 years of devotion, and buying everything I could of the Hollies, 5 minutes of your time would have meant the world to me.

All The Best,

Shari
PostPosted:Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:07 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

hi Shari

I think we're beating our heads of a brick wall here... noone is listening to us and we won't ever get our wish... it was nice whilst it lasted though... Crying or Very sad

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Shari, I agree with you, things like meeting the fans at the end of the show are these days expected of bands like the hollies. Many people in many jobs are expected to do just that little bit more as you have pointed out you have to do yourself. I sometimes do also and I work for........Ah'll tell you on the yahoo group Mad
GordonJ
PostPosted:Wed Feb 25, 2004 17:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic