The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Internet concert
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: Internet concert
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
Am I the only fool who can't watch the internet concert of the Hollies, I've tried everything, nothing I do works. I can download all sorts of things off the net Limewire video clips etc but no concert. The radio station says you need to download some type of media player to get it and gives you a click here bit then another page comes up with all these options. Which option do I use, I have windows XP. Really it's driving me crazy, been a Hollies fan for 35 years and now missing out on the only chance I have of seeing this line up. I just don't know what to do anymore.
Thanks, a very sad Hollies fan,
Anthony

PostPosted:Thu Mar 09, 2006 14:57 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject: Windows media player
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Suppose You´ve found this address: http://www.capitalgold.com/article.asp?id=182400

Then you need Windows Media Player on your computer. Chose dial up or broadband and here it comes!

I had some problems my self, but now I´ve seen it twice. Good luck Hollie-fan!
PostPosted:Thu Mar 09, 2006 15:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Chirpy Post subject: Internet concert
Banjo

Banjo

Hi Anthony,
You will need Windows Media Player...you can download WMP version 10 here :
"http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b446ae53-3759-40cf-80d5-cde4bbe07999&DisplayLang=en"

You'll have to click on the Continue option to the validation (i.e. that you have a licensed version of Windows). It should then re-direct you back to the download.

Good luck - if you have any further problems, drop me an email at chirpy@robbird.com

Cheers,
Chirpy
PostPosted:Thu Mar 09, 2006 15:59 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I just thought I would try and watch The Capitol Gold Concert. I just went into The Capitol Gold website and clicked on dial up and to my suprise it actual worked so I just sat he for just over an hour and watched and loved every second. It just felt like I was there.

I have one complaint though, Tony never sang Too Young to Be Married (my all time fave Hollies song) and Ray didn't sing Tiger Feet. Oh well can't have everything.

Anyway, hearing the new songs has made me more excited about getting Staying Power. I am going with my brother to my favourite import shop Redeye in Sydney tomorrow to see if they have it because it isn't in any of the shops here in Penrith or the surrounding suburbs.

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:48 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Anthony,

I have the same problem with the internet concert and interviews. I tried several times but for some reason it's impossible to download Media Player...
I also can't open the new image-gallery '2006' and '2005' on my computer. I have been going to the library of my village where I could use a PC and could see the photos. But they have no Media Player on it ...

an
PostPosted:Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:29 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I can't figure out how to download the concert file onto my hard drive. I figure that this link won't last indefinitely, and I'd like to have it permanently.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi an,
I'm the same with everything you said too, can't open the new photos on this site, sick of trying to bring up the concert, with other things I have no trouble downloading, my computer is about 12 months old. Believe me I'm sorry you are having the same trouble but now I know I'm not the only one having this trouble. I have the media player needed. It's moments like this I'd love to see a bootleg copy, I know you don't like the idea Rob but I've tried everything. It's not like I'm a flash in the pan fan.
Chirpy I'll email you over the next couple of days, just been flat out at work.
Best wishes all,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sun Mar 12, 2006 13:01 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

I think it must be something to do with your PC - the firewall, ad blocker or security settings.

Try turning them off for a moment whilst you try to view the pics first. There is no blocker from my server side and no reason why you should not be able to see them.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sun Mar 12, 2006 14:32 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

hollies wrote:
I think it must be something to do with your PC - the firewall, ad blocker or security settings.

Try turning them off for a moment whilst you try to view the pics first. There is no blocker from my server side and no reason why you should not be able to see them.

Rob, can the concert be downloaded so that I can view it on my pc when I'm not connected to the Internet?
PostPosted:Sun Mar 12, 2006 16:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your advice ! I turned off the anti virus system (for 5 minutes) of my PC ... and it works ! I can also open the new image gallery '2006' and '2005'
Now I am looking to the internet concert-fantastic to see !

Anthony, I hope you can try this too, so you can see and enjoy the show ?!

regards,
an
PostPosted:Sun Mar 12, 2006 20:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Your the Greatest Rob,
It works, thanks for your advice.
Now was it worth the trouble? A Big Yes to that.
It was brilliant, now this would make a perfect live cd, it's got the lot the Hits a great mix of new material, Peter fits in so well as the new singer, love the banter, I was worried I would not like Here I go again, that's great.
Many thanks Rob, not hard to see why this band is one of the all time greats.
Best wishes,
Anthony
PS thanks for those who wrote and tried to help me also.

PostPosted:Sun Mar 12, 2006 23:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi All,
Just a quick note to say I watched the show for a second time today, it's a great concert, funny I'm not a great fan of the new album but when you hear a mix of the new songs in concert they sound great. I love the words to Let Love Pass. Peter has a nice personality and brings a nice touch to the Hollies. His version of Here I go Again is brilliant. Now that song should be put down on record/cd.
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:17 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Hi All,
Just a quick note to say I watched the show for a second time today, it's a great concert, funny I'm not a great fan of the new album but when you hear a mix of the new songs in concert they sound great. I love the words to Let Love Pass. Peter has a nice personality and brings a nice touch to the Hollies. His version of Here I go Again is brilliant. Now that song should be put down on record/cd.
Bye,
Anthony

Like I suggested in an earlier thread, a great album idea would be for the band to release new versions of their old standards, using their current treatment. I mean recording it in the studio, not on stage. They could cover between 18 and 20 of their hits to come close to filling up a CD, earn Tony some songwriter royalties (they could include all the Clarke-Hicks-Nash singles), and have fun in the process. Heck, maybe they could really make it a great look back on the past by having a few guest artists perform (like maybe Pete Wingfield on keyboards and Terry Sylvester guesting on a vocal or two). I'll bet the group could crank out an album like that in studio in less than a month of work. It would be a grand tribute to the band's lasting legacy. And yes, since Here I Go Again is part of the current stage act, that would certainly be one of the choices for the disc. And it's a great song, too (both the original hit version and today's concert version are wonderful).
PostPosted:Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1