graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Look What We've Got » No Bootlegs
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: No Bootlegs
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Now, no bootlegs do you mean video clips of the band?
If so that's a pity, people can pay big money on ebay for video/DVD's. It would be nice if we could swap them here at no charge, it would make a lot of fans very happy.
I know Peter Noone is happy for people to bring along a camera and video and tape his shows, funny how different groups think.
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Thu Mar 09, 2006 14:43 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I've got exactly the same opinion about that topic Anthony!
PostPosted:Thu Mar 09, 2006 17:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I don't see what the problem is with bootlegs, if bands would release more live material then people would be less inclined to hunt out the bootlegs. I'd happily pay for legit releases with sleeves etc.

PostPosted:Thu Mar 09, 2006 18:17 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes. Considering how precious little live material has actually been released commercially by a 40+ year old band, fan-traded and sold items are essential to add dimension to one's collection. Video & audio material has been passed among my Hollies pals for years. It's the same with every fan who collects a particular band. If The Hollies themselves had not been so uninterested in their own legacy, we wouldn't have to resort to doing this so much. Is it really too much to ask for live concert material from '68, '70, or '72? And the BBC recordings? They're mostly unavailable too. Very frustrating.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 10, 2006 17:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Agreed, Dennis.

PostPosted:Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:06 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Could not agree more that it is so frustrating the lack of availability of anything "officially" released, whatever the source.

I know it is the reason why a flourishing bootleg trade can exist but it will not be allowed on this site.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Mar 11, 2006 15:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Bootleg CDs? I can think of a whopping 2: "In A Spin" and "The Mikael Rickfors Years". It's not like there's a big demand. Video can be obtained through internet auction sites. Apart from that skimpy DVD EP from Beat Club and a few other various artists video compilations, there's no other way to see the vast majority of clips that exist. BR Music in Holland was supposed to release a Hollies DVD late last year, but of course it got nixed by guess who?
PostPosted:Sat Mar 11, 2006 17:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob,
I'm pleased you understand how we feel about the lack of stuff on DVD's etc. I used to buy 60's music video's just to get that one Hollies song like I'm alive or whatever.
I have lots of video clips now thanks to many fans, a good friend of mine said she did not believe in Bootleg stuff because the band misses out on what they should get, my reply was well who really owns the stuff, the TV stations or the band.
The Hollies were on the Mike Walsh show here in 1983 and sang two songs.
The show was played a few years ago on pay TV.
Who owns the clips, the Hollies, the Mike Walsh show, the record label, Pay TV?
I just can not work out why they don't bring out anything, just think how popular the Hollies could have been if they knew how to sell themselves.
Don't know who is to blame but I do know something, somebody does not have a clue.
I remember Allan once said he was not into videos as people knew what they looked like and could see the shows. I loved Allan but he got it wrong there.
I feel sorry for you Rob as you are our only real link to the Hollies and your asked these questions all the time.
Pleased the band is going so well at the live shows, from the few times I have seen them they are brilliant live. How is the banter these days, they always had great funny lines when ever I saw them,
Best wishes,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sun Mar 12, 2006 13:30 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Hi Rob,
I'm pleased you understand how we feel about the lack of stuff on DVD's etc. I used to buy 60's music video's just to get that one Hollies song like I'm alive or whatever.
I have lots of video clips now thanks to many fans, a good friend of mine said she did not believe in Bootleg stuff because the band misses out on what they should get, my reply was well who really owns the stuff, the TV stations or the band.
The Hollies were on the Mike Walsh show here in 1983 and sang two songs.
The show was played a few years ago on pay TV.
Who owns the clips, the Hollies, the Mike Walsh show, the record label, Pay TV?
I just can not work out why they don't bring out anything, just think how popular the Hollies could have been if they knew how to sell themselves.
Don't know who is to blame but I do know something, somebody does not have a clue.
I remember Allan once said he was not into videos as people knew what they looked like and could see the shows. I loved Allan but he got it wrong there.
I feel sorry for you Rob as you are our only real link to the Hollies and your asked these questions all the time.
Pleased the band is going so well at the live shows, from the few times I have seen them they are brilliant live. How is the banter these days, they always had great funny lines when ever I saw them,
Best wishes,
Anthony

You got that right, Anthony. The Hollies could have built up more of a fan base had they done more to promote themselves. Video material is SO common with bands and why The Hollies have steadfastly refused to give the public something that is essential to every band's profile is something akin to career suicide. Videos are highly enjoyable to fans, especially if they are live performances. It adds so much to their appeal as a band, as well as their popularity. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that there is next to nothing available commercially on video. And Allan's comment about it is so off the mark.
I remember back in '83 when I was living in New York. I got together with several Hollies pals of mine for the live shows with Nash, and one of them remarked, "I just can't believe that The Hollies aren't more popular". It's not difficult to see why.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 12, 2006 15:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Look What We've Got
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1