graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » So Damn Beautiful Deleted ?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject: So Damn Beautiful Deleted ?
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

A few weeks ago I tried to order So Damn Beautiful but my local music store told me today that EMI have deleted the single. Does anyone have any ideas?

PostPosted:Tue Mar 07, 2006 15:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: So Damn Beautiful
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

EMI did not release So Damn Beautiful in the UK, but if you go to www.amazon.co.uk you can buy it from a seller.

I think Rob was also going to get a few extra copies, but not sure if he has, perhaps you could ask him?

Shelley
PostPosted:Tue Mar 07, 2006 16:13 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Singles are almost an afterthought now, especially for long-established artists. I think the reasoning is that fans will buy the full-length CD from the get-go, and maybe the single, if there's one released. Often times a single is only released promotionally, rather than suffer the embarrassment of a commercially released single that flops. Singles are designed for the pop charts, aimed at teenagers. How many teens are going to buy a Hollies single?
PostPosted:Tue Mar 07, 2006 17:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dennis wrote:
Singles are almost an afterthought now, especially for long-established artists. I think the reasoning is that fans will buy the full-length CD from the get-go, and maybe the single, if there's one released. Often times a single is only released promotionally, rather than suffer the embarrassment of a commercially released single that flops. Singles are designed for the pop charts, aimed at teenagers. How many teens are going to buy a Hollies single?

My 17 year old nephew absolutely loves "So Damn Beautiful".
PostPosted:Tue Mar 07, 2006 18:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

"Singles are designed for the pop charts, aimed at teenagers. How many teens are going to buy a Hollies single?"

An ironic smile crosses my face as I read that, and I don't at all disagree with your statement, Dennis. The irony is that if you had said this in say, 1966, you might have had many people scratching their heads in confusion. Laughing "What else ARE they going to buy by the Hollies?"

If you had, on the other hand, said forty years ago: "Albums are designed for the arty, sophisticated and older rock fan. How many teens are going to buy a Hollies album?", heads would have been nodding in almost universal agreement... Wink

PostPosted:Tue Mar 07, 2006 22:12 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

brandy wrote:
"Singles are designed for the pop charts, aimed at teenagers. How many teens are going to buy a Hollies single?"

An ironic smile crosses my face as I read that, and I don't at all disagree with your statement, Dennis. The irony is that if you had said this in say, 1966, you might have had many people scratching their heads in confusion. Laughing "What else ARE they going to buy by the Hollies?"

If you had, on the other hand, said forty years ago: "Albums are designed for the arty, sophisticated and older rock fan. How many teens are going to buy a Hollies album?", heads would have been nodding in almost universal agreement... Wink

I was referring to the US more than the UK. Take Duran Duran for instance. Their 2004 comeback single, "Sunrise", topped out in the low '90s on the pop chart here in the states. So the followup single only got a promo release. And a third single was cancelled altogether.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:06 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Thanks for the info, I didn't know it wasn't a U.K single. I wish the music store had told me, it is a rotton shop anyway. I agree that buying a Hollies single wouldn't really appeal to the teenage audience, the music industry is driven by age not quality, So Damn Beautiful is quality.

PostPosted:Wed Mar 08, 2006 15:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: So Damn Beautiful
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hope,

It was meant to be a UK single, but a decision was made at the last minute not to release it in the UK, but you can still buy it, just not in the UK.

Shelley Smile
PostPosted:Wed Mar 08, 2006 15:26 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
carol7cat Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

in my humble opinion I agree with you Hope entirely.

So damn beautiful is definitely quality from a quality album.
What a cracker!!!
Let us hope EMI and the media may finally see sense and spend some money promoting this album.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 08, 2006 15:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

EMI should make more of an effort to promote this album and they should of taken the risk and release So Damn Beautiful. When I bought the album the shop only had one copy of it, how pathetic is that? no promotional display and it was hidden behind a Jools Holland CD.

PostPosted:Thu Mar 09, 2006 17:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Single
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I got my So damned beautiful single via amazon uk, and there was the answer why it was withdrawn. The A side has a faulty file, it really does not play well. But Too much too soon plays perfect. I've also learnt that the B side is included on the Japanese version of the album, that's an alternative for those who do not get hold of the single.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Mar 13, 2006 13:19 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1