graphic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Peter Howarth - Does he sound like Allan Clarke
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
butterflybye Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Another thing. I just heard the first few songs. Is the new singer trying to sound like Allan Clarke? Is that the idea?
PostPosted:Sun Mar 05, 2006 19:40 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

butterflybye wrote:
Another thing. I just heard the first few songs. Is the new singer trying to sound like Allan Clarke? Is that the idea?

No I don't think that's the Idea.

Peter Howarth is just singing as Peter Howarth (as I read someone said one day).

I think I am going to have to invest in some cd's with Allan Clarke singing on so I can compare, a few people have made comments like this.

Shelley Very Happy
PostPosted:Sun Mar 05, 2006 19:53 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Banjo

Banjo

Everyone has a unique voice and no one else sounds like Allan Clarke. I definitely think the new man is trying to sound like Allan Clarke, no doubt as to what I heard.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 05, 2006 19:58 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Butterflybye

With respect, PH sounds absolutely nothing like Clarkey, at least on what I've heard thus far. I played the new album to my girlfriend today who said that PH sounds a bit like 'him from Take That! (No, not Robbie Williams, but Gary Barlow!) Shocked Laughing I don't think PH is quite that bad, but she did say that he didn't have a really strong voice for a lead singer. [Personally, I think the production may be to blame].

PostPosted:Sun Mar 05, 2006 20:07 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
mcbobz Post subject:

With respect,

listen to the legends live performance on the capital gold website and tell me that Peter doesnt have a powerful voice. I love his vocals live.

Best Wishes
Rob
PostPosted:Sun Mar 05, 2006 20:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Like I said, the production may be to blame. I haven't heard Peter in a live setting.

PostPosted:Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:03 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
carol7cat Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Peter Howarth sound exactly like Peter Howarth.

He has a fantastic voice that perfectly blends with the sound and harmony of the other guys.

I think all groups need to grow and mature to survive, and these guys have certainly done that!!!
PostPosted:Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:49 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject: Peter Howarths homepage
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Maybe I´ve missed the information before, but here´s Peters homepage:

http://www.mhm-services.co.uk/ph-lev1.htm
PostPosted:Mon Mar 06, 2006 15:16 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ray Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

One of the first impressions I had when I first heard some of the new recordings off "Staying power" was " I could hear Allan Clarke singing some of these songs" which I found exciting. Because it meant to me that the Hollies still had that Hollies sound, but in a more modern style. I don't think Peter is trying to sound like Allan, and personally I like his vocals and think he is a very good singer and does blend in well with the others in the band. I also like the backing vocals and find the sound they have now to be different and in some ways more experamental than the Hollies of old. Not to take anything away from the older sound at all.
PostPosted:Mon Mar 06, 2006 21:14 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
chig Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

I think your impressions are also felt by a lot of other fans. After seeing Peter live on tour the overwhelming verdict seemed to be that the Hollies harmonies were back. One of the reasons is that Peter sings in the original key - for years they were playing in a lower key. Their trademark has always been 3 part harmony and it's back.

The new tour starts tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

PostPosted:Mon Mar 06, 2006 23:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Banjo

Banjo

OK. After listening to the concert on Capital Gold today, I totally refute what I said. He does not sound like Allan Clarke.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 12, 2006 23:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I now have Staying Power and I watched the Capitol Concert and I also saw the band in November 2004 and I can say with cetainty that Peter Howarth does not sound anything like Allan Clarke. Just like Allan, Mikael Rickfors and Carl Wayne before him, Peter has his own unique voice and style which blends in well with the others band members.

And to quote, Carol7cat Peter Howarth sounds like Peter Howarth.

Bye For Now

Susie

PostPosted:Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:13 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject: Peter is superb
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

After the RAH-concert I wasn´t sure that Peter Howarth could fill the empty room after Allan Clarke and Carl Wayne.

How wrong I was! After visiting the Hollies gig in Croydon last friday I´m totally convinced that Peter Howarth is the perfect choice. He´s a very skilled singer and a good entertainer. And his solo performances of Sandy and Here I go again are just wonderful.
PostPosted:Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:06 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Allan Clarke will always be the no.1 lead singer and I think Carl Wayne was a better singer than Peter but I think he did a good job on 'Staying Power'. I think Peter sounds more Cliff Richard than Allan Clarke.

PostPosted:Tue Apr 04, 2006 16:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
carol7cat Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I am not quite sure how you can jusitfy such a statement as "Peter Howarth is more Cliff Richard than Allan Clarke".
Allan Clarke was an incredible singer in his day and his contribution will never be forgotten nor will Carl Waynes!
I think you maybe making the mistake of prejudging Peter because he was Cliff Richard 's backing singer.
Peter is not trying to be anyone else, apart from Peter Howarth, the new lead singer of The Legendary Hollies!
He is trying to put his own stamp on the position and if you had heard the incredible vocals of "Here I Go Again" and "Sandy" at Croydon last Friday I think you would agree he is doing a mighty fine job!!
I, for one think he is amazing!!!
PostPosted:Tue Apr 04, 2006 19:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic