The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » North America
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

brandy wrote:
The way he is billing himself or being billed on A Taste of Minnesota's site, however, may not go over too well with certain parties!

http://www.tasteofmn.org/june30th.html

"Terry Sylvestor (sic) & The Hollies".

Wonder if Eric is coming over to playing bass? Rolling Eyes

I suspect the Taste Of Minnesota folks took the liberty of billing Terry as such. He is indeed a solo act. One look at his website and you will note no reference being made to Terry & The Hollies.
PostPosted:Wed May 03, 2006 10:50 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Scott,
That's funny. I'm sure the billing was not made up by Terry then.
I was just thinking I last saw Terry as part of the Holllies live in Melbourne 30 years ago in 1976, gee what has happened to the years, lucky guy has kept his hair, mine is on the way out.
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed May 03, 2006 12:53 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Of course what one puts up on one's own website, but then suggests in a press kit to an event's entertainment coordinator, could be two different things. Shocked

I have some reason to believe there has been contact, if not legal action as in the case of Eric Haydock, between The Hollies and Terry in the past about his use of the name Hollies.

It's not my fight...I just prefer consumers (especially those in my native St. Paul) get to see and hear exactly who and what they are led to believe they are going to see and hear. We would all know what to expect if we saw "Terry Sylvester & The Hollies"; more casual fans might expect something else. At least the ATOM site no longer just has "Hollies" as it did when Jepp 5 first came across it, so there is progress... but caveat emptor! Very Happy

As Anthony (Melbourne Anthony, that is) knows, Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits have had to deal with a competing version of that band led by drummer Barry Whitwam. And then there are (or at least were) Mike Pender's Searchers and the John McNally/Frank Allen Searchers - both excellent, btw - and probably a few others I've not heard of.

Back in the 60s, little did we know what the term "battle of the bands" would really mean four decades later. Wink

Hey Anthony, don't sweat the hair thing...you and Sylvester are both in much better shape than I am... Sad

PostPosted:Thu May 04, 2006 2:10 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2