graphic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Peter Howarth with James Whale on Talk Sport, Thursday night
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
phoobingcamel Post subject: Peter Howarth with James Whale on Talk Sport, Thursday night
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Did anyone catch Peter on James Whale's slot on Talk Sport last night? (Thursday 16th) I didn't but a friend of mine caught the end where he sang Here I Go Again. If anyone managed to record the segment then please, let me know! Smile

PostPosted:Fri Feb 17, 2006 21:04 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: Peter on James Whale
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Why didn't anyone let us know he was going to be on?
PostPosted:Fri Feb 17, 2006 22:42 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Did anybody know?

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Fri Feb 17, 2006 23:22 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: Peter Howarth on James Whale
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Did you know Rob?
PostPosted:Sat Feb 18, 2006 0:44 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

No. That is why I asked the question.

There are lot's of interviews coming up on Monday so look out for the news later today.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:52 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Ok Thanks Rob.

The Newsletter, is that something we get from you or another source? (I am new to this).

I forgot to get the Express yesterday, did anyone get it and was a review in the Express?
PostPosted:Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:58 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Apparently, you can actually buy the James Whale show at £50 per hour plus CD costs.

Ray Tony and Peter were on for an hour, midnight to 1.00am. They talked, played three new tracks and Peter sang his version of "Here I Go Again" live.

I am going to try to buy the hour on CD at about £60 so if anyone wants a copy on CD we can share the cost. Let me know by email.

There was nothing in the Express yesterday!!

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Feb 18, 2006 14:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Tony Wilkinson Post subject:

I just caught some of this but turned it off in disgust as someone was murdering 'Here I go again'........
PostPosted:Sat Feb 18, 2006 22:11 pm
graphic
Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
chig Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

That's your opinion, Tony, but there are a lot of fans, myself included, who think this new and totally different version is fantastic

PostPosted:Sat Feb 18, 2006 22:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: Murdering a song?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Tony, let me ask, are you a Hollies fan?

Saying 'I just caught some of this but turned it off in disgust as someone was murdering 'Here I go again'........ ' implies that you are not, or is it you just cannot accept that Peter is now the lead singer and he is bringing his own ideas to the band.

I personnaly like this version but then again as a new Hollies fan I only know this version.

I know we are all entitled to our own opinion but........... Confused
PostPosted:Sat Feb 18, 2006 23:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject: Re: Peter Howarth with James Whale on Talk Sport, Thursday n
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

phoobingcamel wrote:
Did anyone catch Peter on James Whale's slot on Talk Sport last night? (Thursday 16th) I didn't but a friend of mine caught the end where he sang Here I Go Again. If anyone managed to record the segment then please, let me know! Smile

Whats talk Sport Glen,is it a BBC program?

Martin
PostPosted:Sun Feb 19, 2006 13:11 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gasoline Alley Bred Post subject:

I particularly like the new version of the song, and judging by audience reaction, so do most other people. Laughing

PostPosted:Sun Feb 19, 2006 17:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject: Re: Murdering a song?
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Shelley wrote:
Tony, let me ask, are you a Hollies fan?

Saying 'I just caught some of this but turned it off in disgust as someone was murdering 'Here I go again'........ ' implies that you are not, or is it you just cannot accept that Peter is now the lead singer and he is bringing his own ideas to the band.

I personnaly like this version but then again as a new Hollies fan I only know this version.

I know we are all entitled to our own opinion but........... Confused

Well said Shelly, I saw Peter perform this twice last year. He does a great version in his own style. He is also excellent at the original version which they also do to the original arrangment.

If someone doesnt like The Hollies 2006 line up dont go to the show,dont listen to the radio, dont but the album. But why on earth if you dont like stuff so much waste time posting up how much they dislike it go only knows.

Martin
PostPosted:Sun Feb 19, 2006 18:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Tony Wilkinson Post subject:

'Cos it's a forum....????
PostPosted:Sun Feb 19, 2006 18:32 pm
graphic
Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: Murdering a song
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I think that Mariah Carey murdered Harry Nillson's song 'Without You'. But I wouldn't claim to be a fan and then go on to her message board and accuse her of murdering the song!

I agree with you Martin when you say if someone doesn't like The Hollies 2006 line up don't go to the show, dont listen to the radio, don't buy the album.
PostPosted:Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:31 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2