graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » What has happened to the release date?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Shelley wrote:
The BBC are only going to list singles which they feel are in with a good chance of being a hit.

And I guess the answer to my question regarding a promo video is "No"... (?)

Shouldn't it work both ways though, fine the BBC will list singles which they feel are in with a good chance, but on the other side, the single should have been available for us to obtain from the 6th as promised as well. Sad [/quote]

I agree. The excuse given here yesterday was pretty flimsy after (at least) two months of 'planning'...

PostPosted:Wed Feb 08, 2006 14:51 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: What has happened to the release date?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I've just had a thought, if there was no plans to actually release this single in the shops, then why have they gone to the trouble of designing a sleeve cover for it?

Amazon say it is released on the 13th, I know lots of people have pre ordered their copy, so I'm sure we shall all find out on the 13th if it is to be released or not when amazon sends us emails saying the item we have ordered is not in stock yet. And besides I'm sure I read somewhere that it was being released for Valentines day.

Another thing, when you look at the cd on amazon it has: Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 7,551, I'm sure that figure was higher last week, over 1000 or more, does this figure mean how many people have preordered the cd single? I know not many people may have preordered it, but it's a start.
PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:14 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Mikey Post subject: The BBC

Radio 1 will not play the single (as they proved with Status Quo a few years ago) because they are agest.

I am sure that "SDB" will get a bit of airplay on Radio 2. Though forget about the BEEBs major stations... All get in touch with your local stations and request "So Damn Beautiful" wherever you can. It deserves to be a hit.

I now wish that I had waited until next week to download the single as it wont contribute to their possibilities of charting in the week that the cd is released.
PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:33 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I think Radio 2 would certainly play the single. They recently played the abysmal single from Richard Hawley to death - I heard it just about every day on my way into work (and it sounded like an early '60's song).

PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:28 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
carol7cat Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I HAVE JUST ORDERED THE NEW SINGLE ON CD ON THE HMV WEBSITE FOR £2.99.

HOPE THIS HELPS!
PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:30 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I have just a spoken to a lady called Deborah in EMI Music.

She does confirm that 'So Damn Beautiful' will not be released as an actual cd single, it was only intended for download only. She does not believe that it will be available as a cd single in the future, and doesn't know why HMV and Amazon are offering the cd single to buy. I do live in hope though.

Thankfully the album 'Staying Power', released later this month, will be available for us to buy in the shops though Very Happy .
PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 15:25 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Terry Steer Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

What about the 2nd song which was going to be on the CD, which isn't on Staying Power? Is that included in the download?

Terry
PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 17:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Unfortunately not.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 17:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

This is all very strange Confused

We are told that a cd single is to be released on the 6th Feb, with two tracks on it.

A cd cover is designed, we are able to pre order it from amazon.

We are told an album is to be released on the 20th Feb, which includes only one of the tracks on the cd single.

Then we are told that the cd single is available as a download only but we cannot even get to listen to the second track.

What is going on? Why record a track that the fans aren't even get to hear? Why design a sleeve cover that isn't going to be used? Why only make the cd available as a download, not everyone can (1) download, (2) wants to download?

We were all lead to believe that a cd single was to be released, now it seems people have gone back on their word, a bit of a case of 'Too Much Too Soon' Wink.
PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 17:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gasoline Alley Bred Post subject:

I do not do downloads, so that is one sale that they have lost. I suspect I am not the only one.

Perhaps a physical single with the second track could be available to buy at the tour venues later this year?

PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 18:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Gasoline Alley Bred wrote:
I do not do downloads, so that is one sale that they have lost. I suspect I am not the only one.

Perhaps a physical single with the second track could be available to buy at the tour venues later this year?

I don't believe it would've been a hit anyway (at least not in the UK), but it still would have got some airplay & therefore would've promoted the album. I guess it was EMI's decision to cancel this & not the band's. Lack of confidence from the record company in this product perhaps?

PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 19:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Obviously there has been a HUGE disconnect between EMI, HMV and Amazon UK. This is such a terrible letdown. I'd love to hear the Hollies position on all these goings-on. And to think I just ordered(from HMV) what I thought would be the forthcoming CD single. Perhaps if I'm lucky enough HMV will at least have my Mastercard credited that amount. I for one ...... "can't tell the bottom from the top". Crying or Very sad
PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 19:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I suppose there isn't a lot else we can say about this now, we'll just have to wait for the album to come out now to be able to listen to 'So Damn Beautiful' on our CD players, would love to know what 'Too Much Too Soon' sounds like though.

Good idea of yours Gasoline Alley Bred to have the second track available to buy at the tour venues, or even at some point via the site, like they did with the two track sampler 'Hope' & 'Shine on Me'. How about it Rob, any chance of that happening? Very Happy
PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2006 20:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Mikey Post subject:

Very disappointing Rolling Eyes

"SDB" is a good track and deserves the chance to chart. Though as I have mentioned, the UK music biz is so agest, it could have only been a small hit.

To be honest, the song and the group are TOO GOOD for the current music chart.
PostPosted:Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Another the to consider is the fact that would have everybody have bought the single?

Or would a majority of people just have downloaded the single? Or is everyone waiting for the album to come out instead, as So Damn Beautiful is on the album?

If people are just going to download the single, then why would the record company or management go to the expense of releasing an actual physical cd.

It's fair enough us all saying how disappointed we are that we cannot go to the shops and buy the cd because a decision was made for it not to be released now, but how many of us would have gone into the shops and bought it? Or how many of us would have bought it online? Would we all have done so? Did we all buy the cd sampler 'Hope'?

I went to the gig at the Royal Albert Hall, and it was packed, but did everyone there buy the cd sampler? I know I did. Was the cd sampler sold out? If not, then why not?

If So Damn Beautiful was available on tour and all of us that go to at least one of the gigs on the tour all buy one copy of the cd, then there is a chance of the cd doing well. But if people just walk by without giving it a second glance, then why is it there?

When Cliff Richard releases an album, whether it is a new one or just a mixture of his songs, all the fans comment how great it is that he is releasing an album, then say they won't buy it because they have all those songs on other cd's anyway, then they don't like the fact that it hasn't done very well. Why? Because they didn't buy it.

What would be a good idea is if the Hollies just released Too Much Too Soon as a single, perhaps having a remix on the cd and perhaps an instrumental version Very Happy .
PostPosted:Sat Feb 11, 2006 13:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3